LAKE ELHINSTONE PHOTOS.

Any dates & venues of get togethers, Farmer's Markets, Shows, Rally's or other items of interest
Jon and Kay

Re: LAKE ELHINSTONE PHOTOS.

Post by Jon and Kay »

The Lake Elphinstone Eurasian Coots are interesting to watch at sunset. They congregate around the trees near the shore, and 'climb' the trees to roost for the night. They climb by flapping their wings and 'walking' up the tree trunks.
Jon
BruceS
Site Admin

Post by BruceS »

A bit different to the Upper Mannum Coots!!! ........ they all bring out their Honey Bourbon a bit after sunset & then proceed to get smoke in their eyes...
Seems to be only those species who migrate from Lakes in the Eastern States....
BruceS
Mannum, SA

Jon and Kay

Post by Jon and Kay »

Hi Deborah...I think we saw you Today, but wasn't looking for you. Gee , I'd be totally shat off if somebody did that to us. :(
Were you selling the Dichroic Glass pendants? Your prices were too conservative for my Kay :) Very colourful display you have. Went specking after visiting Annakie Today and picked up a small sapphire.
Jon
Dot

Post by Dot »

Think you may have had a few Jon.. "too conservative" I thought conservative meant "opposed to change" or something like that :)
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
Jon and Kay

Post by Jon and Kay »

Conservative (dot...it is you this time?) is what I put in my wallet to reduce losses. It didn't help much Today.
Jon
Dot

Post by Dot »

I thought it was moths you men put in your wallet's :) :) How big was the rock you found, is it worth having it set?
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
Jon and Kay

Post by Jon and Kay »

Not so much a rock Dot, but was no doubt a piece of a rock at some earlier time. Last time here I found a Yellow stone, threw me for a while because I was looking for green or blue. Today's emerald is distinctively blue. If I believe the prices they were selling for at the festival, it will pay for my fuel bill all the way to Tassie. I think we'll keep it and find a suitable 'finding' for it later. It will actually look fine without being faceted.
Jon
dream4red

Post by dream4red »

Jon, really???? conservative??? how cheap do you need to spend to get some stunning bling. :o If you had introduced yourselves, you too would have had a lovely gift from moi! No moths would have needed to be harmed in the exercise! :lol:
Yep, the dichroic glass is all my own work.
It was great to actually meet William and May, and really great to put faces to names. Lovely people to chat with and spend a short time getting to know each other. Thanks for dropping by, I am sure that we will run into each other at different festivals from now on. :P
Deborah

Just get out there and enjoy life
Macca

Post by Macca »

[quote="Jon and Kay"]Hi Deborah...I think we saw you Today, but wasn't looking for you. Gee , I'd be totally shat off if somebody did that to us. :(

Just a point of interest Catriana & I invited Jon & Kay down to fire where we all were on the Friday afternoon & they did not come down to meet any of the other forum members who had arrived. We were totally shat off about their ignoring the invitation.
Time is passing too quickly so live life to the full with your spouse/partner while you still have she/he by your side.
http://bkmcl.wordpress.com/2013/03/12/o ... m-24-2-13/#
Jon and Kay

Post by Jon and Kay »

Kay, it was 10am, you were with Catrina and you asked us to join you 'after dinner'. Seems we might have been welcomed before you were packing up at night after dinner. Seems you should never ever be allowed to run an event again IMHO. But then if you really want to give us a hiding on the Forum, give it your best shot and explain why you set up camp over 250m away from us after we had informed everybody where we were via this forum OR just let it be.
Jon