October 2016 photo competition

Please feel free to post any of your favorite photos here for our monthly competition.
No limit on how many per month and subject unlimited (at this stage!) and should be taken by yourself or anyone else around you. (not from a glossy magazine etc)No chat on here please...
SteveW

Re: October 2016 photo competition

Post by SteveW »

FastStone is good for what you want to do. Select pixel size. Select pixel size.

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk
Steve Williams
http://stevew1945blog.com/

Every absurdity has a champion to defend it.
Oliver Goldsmith. 1728 -1774
Dot

Post by Dot »

moree fire.jpg
moree fire002.jpg
#'s 7 & 8
This is the excitement for tonight. G & I were walking back from the walkathon do when we saw some smoke and a reddish glo at the back of a house so we went to look yelled out but then began popping noises so we high tailed it over the road and called 000 etc. Turned out the house was vacant BUT another person saw 2 kids running off. :evil:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
bob r

Post by bob r »

Yep that's why the trucks stop at Narrabri or Boggabilla.

Bob
Macca

Post by Macca »

G (24).JPG resized.JPG
. I emailed this photo to the Bundaberg Newsmail last Wed thinking that would be the end as never expected it to be used in their daily photo- it was in the next day.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Time is passing too quickly so live life to the full with your spouse/partner while you still have she/he by your side.
http://bkmcl.wordpress.com/2013/03/12/o ... m-24-2-13/#
SteveW

Post by SteveW »

Nice photo.

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk
Steve Williams
http://stevew1945blog.com/

Every absurdity has a champion to defend it.
Oliver Goldsmith. 1728 -1774
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

I always knew Beagles were hunters, willing to follow the prey anywhere...
No 10
Hunting a Gecko.jpg
In this instance, the prey was a 200mm Gecko. :roll:
Last edited by BruceS on Fri Oct 28, 2016 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: added a number
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields
Dot

Post by Dot »

Does my bum look big in this ??? :)
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
supersparky

Post by supersparky »

Dot, If your bum looks like that, then we ALL have a problem. :lol: :lol: :lol: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :D Sorry.

Are you back yet???
Cheers
David

David and Terrie with Bandit the travelling companion
2006 Winnebago Alpine
Recently retired and loving it.
Dot

Post by Dot »

supersparky wrote:Dot, If your bum looks like that, then we ALL have a problem. :lol: :lol: :lol: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :D Sorry.

Are you back yet???
Nup, currently at BnB's (Mildura) xx & Yes we do have a problem as my backside does look like Rays pooch ;) ;)
native pepper

Post by native pepper »

Talking of frogs, this is our resident kooka, he follows me around everywhere and has no hesitation on siting right beside me when working. He also has a family and nests just by my workshop, every morning he greets me and flies really close to my face, you can feel the breeze of his wings. This all started when he was young and arrived, was pushing soil and he started catching the insects etc uncovered, got to the stage now where he follows me on the earth mover and sits on top of it waiting for a morsel to pop up, then he swoops on it. When he catches something he always flies close by me to show what he was for his little ones.

Know he's a bloke because they are smaller then the females and she gives him a hard time. He also sits away from the nest and she sits just outside it most of the time.
No 11
young kookaburra.jpg