Nightly Goodnight Everyone

Drop in and dribble on about nothing serious. Seriously a mad place to hang out. Better to avoid it if you're not in the mood!!! If you're determined to be sad, bad, mad & angry then move along!!!
Shirley

Re: Nightly Goodnight Everyone

Post by Shirley »

Deborah, I hope you get some pain relief, problem with heavy pain killers is that they usually make you sleep, this crazy weather that we're experiencing wouldn't be helping, sunshine/hot, rain & chilly/cold days all in one week. I have been awake wheezy & coughing, think I have a nasty cold, good to see the sun today but we could do without the cold westerly wind.
Shirley & Bruce.
Dot

Post by Dot »

Deborah, YES the SPC is still alive and kicking. Changed our route just for you and the traffic was just like Melb @#$ xx
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
Dot

Post by Dot »

Back at the Koorah rest area again, just made it a few minutes before the rain came down. Didn't last too long but it was cool and so the diesel heater was put into action and thank goodness for that. Have been cooking up the fresh fruit and vegs before the border takes it. Getting a bit sleepy so best get my PJ's on and ready for a warm bed and the boys on bikes later so Goodnight everyone x :D Goodnight Chuck x :D
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
dream4red

Post by dream4red »

Thank you for doing the SPC research Dot. You didn't have to risk life and limb, I hope you did some bargain hunting there too. Your rest area sounds like a welcome stop. I never think ahead about borders and fruit/veg, but doing a bit cook up is a brilliant idea. Safe travels xxxx

Thanks Shirley, you are right about the heavy duty painkillers. I am sleeping a bit better and really as I can't get around much, sleep is as good as anything else at the moment. The freezing nights are my most hated thing, but the weather has definitely been weird.

I managed to re-wire a couple of suncatchers that I had refired a couple of weeks ago. They are strictly for own use, but still something very different. The shed is still too many steps to get to, so another cold and quiet day in the lair.

nighty night xxx
Deborah

Just get out there and enjoy life
Chuck

Post by Chuck »

Dot wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 9:09 pm Back at the Koorah rest area again, just made it a few minutes before the rain came down. Didn't last too long but it was cool and so the diesel heater was put into action and thank goodness for that. Have been cooking up the fresh fruit and vegs before the border takes it. Getting a bit sleepy so best get my PJ's on and ready for a warm bed and the boys on bikes later so Goodnight everyone x :D Goodnight Chuck x :D
Nite & morning Dot.
xx
Chuck & Catriana
aka Geriatric Gypsies.

2018 VW Tiguan.
White.
Dot

Post by Dot »

Last night our bag of rubbish was attacked and stolen from off the front bull bar. It was only potato peelings and apple and pear skins/cores whom ever it was kindly left the bag nearby for us to put in the bin :lol: On the way home we passed through Murtoa where our old departed friend Al 41 lived. Tonight we are back in the Lochiel Rest area but may stay another night as I don't want to get home too soon. Lots of trucks on the road tonight, some are lit up beautifully. So much rubbish around here it is disgusting. Brian is asleep after his walk and I won't be far behind him so Goodnight everyone x :D Goodnight Ross P x :D
dream4red

Post by dream4red »

Looks like you are feeding the wildlife a very healthy load of snacks there Dot. Don't rush home and have a slow holiday. Brian is still enjoying the ride? xxxx

We were meant to be going to a weekend away next week with our jayco mob. As I am still having real trouble with stairs and uneven ground, we have decided to cancel on them. Not really happy about it, but it what it is.

I did venture down to the shed today. I took out the coral bowl that is looking a bit wobbly, so had to invent a bit of a glass wedge that is glued underneath. Wont affect wear or usage, but a drunken sailor of a bowl would never sell.
IMG_2717 (2).JPG
The two bowls that I over cooked are a bit too small to use as bowls, so they have had a few more spikey bits added to their edges to enlarge them and they are back in having a very hot firing to replicate the crater look that they seem to have developed. Hoping to make something a bit different now that I know what makes the crater look.

sleep tight vegemites xxx
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Deborah

Just get out there and enjoy life
Riverlander

Post by Riverlander »

Lovely night at Carrows Wells just 30klm north of Tumby Bay. Good camp fire and a bottle of red. Will camp at Burra creek ( Worlds End ) tomorrow night and home Wed. to a couple of very cuddly cats.
unnamed.jpg
Cheers John and Faye
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
supersparky

Post by supersparky »

That looks like a lovely spot John. I hope that you and Faye are enjoying your travels.
We are in a roadside r/a just south of Temora. We had our evening meal at the Junee hotel. Lovely old world type country pub. Top quality food too. I can recommend the crumbed cutlets. We nearly parked up in the Junee rec reserve but the navigator found a report that it gets a bit boggy after rain, so that was a no go. No sign of any rain yet though.
Goodnight everyone.
Cheers
David

David and Terrie with Bandit the travelling companion
2006 Winnebago Alpine
Recently retired and loving it.
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

Not sure if this should be here or the “Good Morning” page… 🤔 (It’s 0025hrs)
I’m about to hit the sack, but thought I’d check in first.

John, that looks like a great campsite! Must remember it when we’re next in the Tumby area… BTW, is that the camp water supply in front of the windmill?

Deb, your “spiderweb” platter looks great! We were hoping to swing by on our way back from Nambucca Heads, but Covid put paid to that plan. 😩 Next time…

Well, it’s now goodnight time… or should that be good morning?
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields