Nightly Goodnight Everyone

Drop in and dribble on about nothing serious. Seriously a mad place to hang out. Better to avoid it if you're not in the mood!!! If you're determined to be sad, bad, mad & angry then move along!!!
Dot

Re: Nightly Goodnight Everyone

Post by Dot »

Good to hear that George. My Bombers lost by 4 points today :( BUT the BOB's came through with flying colours (Jumbo-Visma ) just the formalities tonight in Paris. Wout van Aert was my favorite. The Jayco boys have done Jerry proud as well . Not really interested in the women's race. Oh the hot bath was just soooooooooooooooo relaxing Deborah, you should try it. Hope you are having a successful weekend. and it is time for me to say goodnight everyone x :D Goodnight Tanks x :D and Mr Major x :D
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
dream4red

Post by dream4red »

Dot, I couldn't fit the bath in to the van when I was packing. :lol: You better have another one just for me. xxxx

We had a good trip to Lightning Ridge and we are now settled in for the next week. Any day on the road is a good day.
We saw the usual sign that warns of cows on the road, but the only cows we saw, were in fenced areas, The verges had lots of sheep in parts. There must have been some rain out here, as the roadsides are thickly covered in grasses. We also noticed that the roadkill numbers were very sparce and there were no feral goats at all. It was obviously a different trip with very little animal entertainment. Sheep don't count, they are just stupid big hairy things.

Rest and shop day tomorrow. Will have a good sleep in before we start being business peoples.

nighty night xxx
Deborah

Just get out there and enjoy life
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

dream4red wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 11:05 pm Sheep don't count, they are just stupid big hairy things.

nighty night xxx
Harrumph, harrumph.
I’ll have you know that Australia’s prosperity was built on the sheep’s back!
Without sheep you’d be shivering in winter, moaning for warm clothes!
Your floors would be covered in (shock, horror) synthetic carpet… (wash my mouth out with soap for uttering the ‘s’ word!).
Bah, humbug!

… I shall now retire in high dudgeon to the smoking room and consume a pipe full of tobacco to calm my shattered nerves at such a blasphemous statement.

Note to self: Remove tongue from cheek before lighting pipe. :lol:
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields
bob r

Post by bob r »

Deborah where i lived people said the only thing sillier than a sheep
Was the bloke that owns them.

Bob
Dot

Post by Dot »

Sheep are beautiful animals when treated right. My Mildred (in NZ) was a better alarm than the dogs, but she also ruled the roost over them as well :lol: Plus we have a Ram on here, I think Terry has a pic of him but without the Velcro knee pads :lol: also known as "the sheep shagger" Have not been too happy with the new air con, doesn't get up to the set temp, rang the company and the guy told us it was OK just up the temp until it is warm for us ??? I asked if that would be more expensive and he replied "why worry about that if you are warm" I SEE RED,I told him I would like a tech to come and check it over, His reply, That will cost you unless the part is broken" I SEE REDDER, Got back onto the tech guy we spoke to ages ago and he got G to do some adjustments, he rang back an hr later to see if it had made a change, = NO so he said he would ring the sales guy that was a PITA. The PITA rang with a different attitude saying the tech guy was wrong and the filter may be dirty!! yes I said, if it is that dirty then there is something wrong as it is only been used for the last 2 months. He will ring back when he has spoken to his tech people.. What an A Hole. Get your $$ then you are O. :lol: :lol: Deborah are you going to Sapphire? Had some strong wind and slight rain but it has been cold. The Girls on bikes is on now but they don't have the same appeal as the mens race so not going to be watching.How is Robyn doing Bob? Cuppa time so Goodnight everyone x :D Goodnight Norman x :D Bahh Bahh
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
dream4red

Post by dream4red »

Dot, your Mildred wasn't a semi feral animal, just wandering along the edges of the highway, that had a cattle warning sign. It looks like we will be going to Sapphire, but the organisers are a bit disorganised and innexperienced. So, we don't have any real information about it yet. xxxx

Bob, agreed
Ray, yes Aus was brought into it's own on the sheeps back, but they are still big ugly hairy stoopid thaings. :lol: Yes I saw the tongue in the cheek :lol:

Today was a rest day, We cleaned out the van and did some grocery shopping. Lightning Ridge has suffered due to covid. Many shops are empty and the ones that are still open, have diminished stock. It doesn't feel quite like a ghost town , but it feels very run down and sad.

Met a couple of newbie caravan people. They had a hired van and were trying before buying. What a sensible idea. They had lots of questions about fitting things into the van etc. We ended up having a long chat with them yesterday afternoon, they were gone before breakfast. Don't think they really got the idea of taking it slow and actually experiencing the things that are here to see. One mine and a visit to the bore baths, is just not enough to get the feel of this place (or any other).

tomorrow is set up day, so an early night is happening here.

night all xxx
Deborah

Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

Deb,
I hope everyone here saw the tongue in cheek as you did.
I felt honour-bound to defend the poor silly wool-production animals, as my father worked for what at the time was Elder-Smith Goldsborough Mort. (Try saying that three times after a glass of scotch… or three!)
We also had friends with a mixed farm which included a small flock of about 100 sheep.
I figured out fairly early in life that God forgot to give them functional brains. :roll:
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields
Keith Morris

Post by Keith Morris »

"tanks" here---
I watched the TV screening of the Welcome to Country, the speech of the PM,m and also the speech of Peter Dutton.
I was upset to note that the Australian National Flag was not shown during the entire ceremony; whereas the Aboriginal flag and the Torres Island flag held a prominent place ands were very obvious as background to the speakers.
Being an 84 year old ex-serviceman, and an Australian born Citizen of this country, I feel that I am missing something.

Please keep your replies and observations civil as the children may be reading this post.

I'm now 85 years of age and living in WA, single (gave up looking), white hair, no teeth, no address, no money, no worries.
Dot

Post by Dot »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Washing done, and that's all for today for me. Brian ran outside x 1 because he doesn't like the cold either. G has been busy out in his shed and in and out of the bus doing bits and bobs that need doing. Off to see the bone man for MRI results in the morning so going to say Goodnight everyone x :D Goodnight Pet-els x :D
dream4red

Post by dream4red »

Dot, when are you leaving home in the bus? Good luck with the bone man xxxx

Tanks, no language needed. It's just flamin wrong that the Aussie flag was not prominent . It should be the main flag as the rest of the "original" inhabitants, in reality, are a tiny minority in the total population. You are not the only person who feels strongly about the flag which you went to war under. I cannot imagine any of our service people would be happy to see our flag being ignored.

Ray, I have formed the same opinion of sheep, from my personal experiences with the beasts on his nibs family farm. Thankfully, the farm was sold a very long time ago. :lol:

Today we both enjoyed a very late sleep in, as we know that the rest of the week, we will have to be up at sparrows.

After a very early lunch, we went across to the bowling club to find our stall is located in the same place as usual. I have the "prime spot" right in front of the door to the ladies bathroom. All ladies have to pass by my stall and often it is the only stall that they stop at when they come in from the outside stalls.

It seems weird that we haven't seen these people for the last three years. It just felt like coming back into a family meeting. We have seen these people every July for so long that it was really old friends day. It was a promising start to our week. The stall is all set out and as of tomorrow, we are back in business.

nighty night xxx
Deborah