Nightly Goodnight Everyone

Drop in and dribble on about nothing serious. Seriously a mad place to hang out. Better to avoid it if you're not in the mood!!! If you're determined to be sad, bad, mad & angry then move along!!!
Greynomad

Re: Nightly Goodnight Everyone

Post by Greynomad »

Coming up for nine years since our move.
We’ve seen 51* 🫠 to —5* 🥶 on the thermometer.
We’ve been flooded three times (fortunately only the garage). ☔️
Tonight is the first time we’ve seen hailstones. 😳
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields
dream4red

Post by dream4red »

Dot, you are doing too much. Yes mate, we did get a reasonable "profit" from the Ridge. Never enough to pay for our petrol or accommodation, but that's not why we do this. Stay warm and dry mate xxxx

Ray, you having some bad weather then. Stay dry mate.

I seem to have collected a flu bug and have been fighting it since Sunday. Three different rats say its not covid, so I am isolating anyway. Would not like to give anyone this bug either. We drove to St George on Monday and had difficulty finding a place for our van. Never have we needed to book in advance in this area, but as we found the very last spot in the town, we decided to keep ourselves safer and will continue to book ahead until we land back home. There are so many more vans on the road, than we have ever seen in this part of the world.

We drove on to Roma on Tuesday and are staying put for a couple more nights. The sun was so warm that it was a tshirt day (at last) and his nibs did the washing and it was dry in a couple of hours. That was great too.
Probably another slow day tomorrow, and staying close to the van or truck until I am sure that the bug has left me totally.

night all xxx
Deborah

Just get out there and enjoy life
Dot

Post by Dot »

Greynomad wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 10:14 pm
… those battery things don’t last very long…
Dottie,
We have a Husqvarna battery whipper-snipper.
SWMBO does the whole 1.5acres of rose garden borders (10 garden beds — and you’ve seen them, they ain’t small!) on one battery and still has about 20% charge left. About an hour’s work.
The Husky is well-balanced & does not fatigue Joy.
Don’t judge all tools by the cheap end of the market.
Ray,
the length of operation is not necessarily designated by the make of the unit as many brands have a choice of battery power, Ours is a Stihl and is only for our piddly few metres . The lady's grass was roughly 1 foot high so it did pretty good considering the amount that needed to be done (still not finished) I would pref an electric one :lol: :lol: What's that rose I asked you about? princess??
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
dream4red

Post by dream4red »

Dot, if you only do the LOLs grass occasionally, why worry. You could get a spare battery if you found she needed help more regularly. xxxx

Today we decided that by staying in the van, so as not to share my sniffles, we might as well just get a move on and avoid people as much as possible. We moved on to Injun racing club, called possum park, and tomorrow we plan to head up to Sapphire and just set up the van and keep the germs to ourselves. Obviously we have not been anywhere other than on the road and tomorrow it will be the same. An early night for us.

night all xxx
Deborah

Just get out there and enjoy life
Dot

Post by Dot »

Today saw nothing done outside, we have had winds or 109kph all day, most of the streets rubbish bins ended down the street and their contents everywhere. G bought our bin in but not much in ours to start with. Had a sms this arvo from the oncologist saying remember your appointment for the 5th August :o I thought it was 5th Sept so looks like we are off down the hill tomorrow. Then the bone man rang to say make my surgery the 16th not 13th Sept :shock: bloody hell . Having the nasty steroid jab into the R) ankle next week, scared to bits they hurt so much. Brian has NOT been out of his bed all day, his bladder must be so elastic but he has a loo in the laundry. Had a chat to HTFFBO today, she was boasting how nice the sun was. Keep warm Deborah and fluids up and rest. Why do they have so many TV channels for the Com games but they are all the same? I found the Judo to be so boring, I thought Judo was a real kung fooie thing, these were just grabbing legs trying to make the other person fall over :roll: Weather still doing it's thing so I reckon it is time for bed. :roll: Saw on the news tonight a pic of a motorhome on it's side not far from home that area has no shelter from the winds either. Anyone driving in these conditions today must be mad esp a caravan or motorhome. Stay safe everyone x :D Goodnight Pet-els x :D PS Peter if you see To please tell her I have sent her messages.
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
jon_d

Post by jon_d »

See..... Nigel doesn't lie about the weather.

Japanese artwork is a different matter.
jon_d

Post by jon_d »

See..... Nigel doesn't lie about the weather.

Japanese artwork is a different matter.
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

Cuppla years ago we camped on the beachfront at Point Lowly near Whyalla.
Blowing so hard we had difficulty opening the door. Decided not to try. Put the rams down & TV aerial up, then settled in for the night.
Wind was noisy, then about 0300 we were hit by a severe 5 minute blast that had Girt rocking, despite the rams! 😳
Next morning we shifted camp — away from the coast.
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields
Dot

Post by Dot »

Our wonderful weather continued throughout the night and well into mid morning. Got to town in good time but for the first time the Dr was late but hey I don't mind as most of the people there need all the time they can get. He was quite happy with me so we parted with a smile and "See you in 6 months". Then the weather started again so shopping was put on hold and we came straight home. Brian had not moved from his bed since we left so G took him out but he was back in his bed within a few minutes :lol: :lol: The mail today was surprising, a letter from the lawyers we used to fight work cover in the late 90's saying their records had been hacked and my details would be amongst the files ?stolen. They gave instructions of what to do with comp info etc. Scary world huh? Have a great time in Sapphire Deborah but hope you are feeling better by now. Ray please stop blaming those "acts of god" for all that Girt rocking :roll: :lol: Goodnight everyone x :D Goodnight 2 foot 6 inches aka Peter x :D
Keith Morris

Post by Keith Morris »

Judith Durham lead singer of The Seekers died age 79 years.

“After a brief stay in the Alfred Hospital, Judith was admitted to Palliative Care on Friday 5 August, where she passed away peacefully that evening,” her management said in a statement on Saturday.
“Her death was a result of complications from a long-standing chronic lung disease.”

So sad

I'm now 85 years of age and living in WA, single (gave up looking), white hair, no teeth, no address, no money, no worries.