Nightly Goodnight Everyone

Drop in and dribble on about nothing serious. Seriously a mad place to hang out. Better to avoid it if you're not in the mood!!! If you're determined to be sad, bad, mad & angry then move along!!!
Dot

Re: Nightly Goodnight Everyone

Post by Dot »

Well the tantrum tennis boy at it again, he is so up himself, I will never ever wish him to win. Bitterly cold again today but did get a few things sorted in the bus ready for our trip to Mannum on Thursday for some supervision on a couple of jobs needed on the bus. :lol: BOB on now so time for me to pay attention. Stay safe everyone in the water firing line. Goodnight everyone x :D Goodnight Peter & Sandra x :D
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
dream4red

Post by dream4red »

Tantrum boy is losing all credibility and looks like some players have had enough. Interesting how that will go. Stay warm Dot xxxx

You too could be in the middle of two storm cells that are colliding...such fun... not. We have had rain so heavy and thick that at lunchtime we had had 2 1/2 inches for the weekend and obviously there will be more by tomorrow. Some storm chasers have said that the winds are currently 140kph and I have no reason to doubt them. It is pretty noisy here. We are safe, dry and warm so not really bothered about it, just fed up. Our big gas fire heater slowly glowed out tonight and we both agreed that the house is warm enough for tonight and we will change the gas cylinders over in the morning. It's just not the sort of weather to go outside if not really necessary.

The squiggles on that black plate are raised a little bit Dot, sort of brail in a bowl. :lol: I am trying to use up a stash of glass that is different to my usual stuff and can't be used with my usual stuff. That is giving me some very different results. The red one is that old glass. It will definitely not be replicated. The glass isn't made in that colour now either. Last night's fusing was good, so today I added some extra colour and if it's enough, it will be turned into a bowl or more pretty stuff will get added. Know more tomorrow.

sweet dreams xxx
Deborah

Just get out there and enjoy life
dream4red

Post by dream4red »

You still watching little tennis balls Dot? Enjoy xxxx

Today, we had actual sunshine for quite a few hours. Tonight we are back to heavy pouring rain and very strong noisy winds. Our town f**kbook page says the our area has been declared a natural disaster area. Don't really know that that will make much difference to how much water keeps on falling, but we are survivors. The lake end of our block is awash at the moment. I went to have a look and could see that the drain that takes all the street water and lands it into the lake, is totally submerged by a very high lake. Of course the lake is backing up and it's returning to our block from a vent in the drain. :(

The kiln did a good job overnight and now the flat bit of glass is being bent into a bowl shape. I am hoping that we dont get a power blackout. The solar backup battery doesn't cover the garage or my shed, so hoping the electricity station can keep on pumping out our power.

Chiro today was helpful and we did a bit of grocery shopping. The tissues and toilet paper that we prefer are still not available, but there were some substitutes. With a limit of two boxes of tissues, our allergy sneezes are lucky that I already have a large collection of tissues, ready for such an event.I am suspecting that this is a manufactured "shortage" to cover the next big price rise for all things bathroom and paper related. Watch this space.
Night all xxx
Deborah

supersparky

Post by supersparky »

Deborah, did you forget to go to bed? I think you are right about the supply of tissue and loo paper. An orchestrated shortage. We haven't been able to get our usual choice of loo roll for a couple of months now. A lot of the shelves are empty still. I think Dot may have gone to sleep in the chair again.
Cheers
David

David and Terrie with Bandit the travelling companion
2006 Winnebago Alpine
Recently retired and loving it.
pet-els

Post by pet-els »

Deborah and David,
I solved the toilet paper.
I have installed a Bidet, and have not needed to buy/use toilet paper since I moved into my house.
It cost the large sum of $47 from USA. 10 minutes to install.
Don't knock till you've tried it.

PeterH
PeterH
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

Peter,
Did the $47 include postage/delivery??? :shock:
And is it ceramic or FRP?
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields
Dot

Post by Dot »

No Deborah I didn't fall asleep in the chair, I was back in bed after only a few hrs out of bed, just could not wake up I had this a few months ago as well. Physio reckons it may be Chronic fatigue and it sure feels like it. On our way down the hill today we saw a coppers car parked on the uphill side of the freeway lights flashing away, seems it was that guy that stole a car from Mildura and they had chased him all through Adelaide till he conked out near Stirling off ramp. excitement hey :lol: A certain person we all know tells me he is Lactose intolerant so my cream covered banana caramel, pavs are not good for his gut, looked for lactose free cream but to no avail so what do you people use other than butter and cream? how do you make scones without cream? sandwiches without butter etc????. Still will not watch the brat playing tennis, yes he may be a good player but that is it. BOB are back tonight after their day off. Have you thought about that fairy plate I suggested Deborah? Peter re your bidet is it just the clip on to the bowl type? Ozefueler aka Steve he has a ripper of a bidet, does any temp water you want, and a bum dryer as well :lol: Ordering a 20ft shipping container to start putting keep stuff in it, what is left goes to some where? A friend of ours left Minlinton SA after his wife died and headed for NT, he said he has not been so cold as a day or so ago , he had long dacks and jumpers on plus the heater so it must be cold up there as well. Bikes about to start so take care everyone, mask up.Goodnight everyone x :D Goodnight Pet-els x :D
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
dream4red

Post by dream4red »

Thanks for the inspiration Dot, but way too fiddly for my arthritic hands. Some people just have different skills (or use an expensive laser cutter) and I admire their pieces, but never wish to copy them. Sorry to read that you are having lethargy issues. It could also be a part of stressful depression. HIs nibs does the extra long sleepy thing when he is worried about something. xxxx

Today was a worrying one, weather wise. We watched the lake rising higher and higher and the rain dropping more and more. The winds have stayed at the almost cyclone level , so it's not a fun place to be at the moment. We are quite safely up and away for the edges of the lake, but any more and my shed will become flooded. I have done as much pre-flood prep as I can manage, so don't expect too many problems, just inconvenience if it does get in under the glass doors to the shed. Right now, it's not raining, so it should be right.

We spent a lot of the day moving my business stuff out of the spare room, in preparation for our daughter to come tomorrow for the night, with our grand daughter. Hopefully, we will enjoy the visit and not be stressed about the weather.

The kiln did a great job overnight and the bowl is looking good. Tonight there is a pile of strips, carefully arranged in the kiln. They should fuse together to form a flat surface with a lot of crater holes. At least that is the plan. I will know tomorrow. :lol:

stay dry out there, night all xxx
Deborah

pet-els

Post by pet-els »

Dot & Ray,
It is a plastic fitting which attaches to under the screws that hold the seat on,it uses cold water [not as bad as one would imagine]. If turned on too fast it does spray onto the floor, but you soon learn what pressure is required.
I'm not sure if that price included postage or not .
I would recommend it to anyone.

PeterH
PeterH
pet-els

Post by pet-els »

Update on my bidet. My memory on price was out.

NEW WECE 2.0 - Modern bidet - 1 WECE Bidet
Quantity: 1
Total: $89.90

Subtotal: $89.90
Shipping: $0.00
Total: $89.90

WECE Bidet

PeterH
PeterH