Nightly Goodnight Everyone

Drop in and dribble on about nothing serious. Seriously a mad place to hang out. Better to avoid it if you're not in the mood!!! If you're determined to be sad, bad, mad & angry then move along!!!
RobertNotBob

Re: Nightly Goodnight Everyone

Post by RobertNotBob »

You were lucky Deborah but a good lesson learnt. Been getting txt about attempted withdrawal/payment to if not authorised click the link. Gets deleted straight away.

Take care Robert
supersparky

Post by supersparky »

Thanks for the heads up, Deborah. I wonder how many people have been hit by the scammers and don't even know. The direct debit deduction is very cunning.
Cheers
David

David and Terrie with Bandit the travelling companion
2006 Winnebago Alpine
Recently retired and loving it.
Shirley

Post by Shirley »

Pleased Deborah that his Nibs is improving, guess he still needs to take it easy until he gets the all clear.

I keep getting regular emails telling me that Australia post have a parcel for me, requiring delivery details, I just delete same, I don't have an outstanding parcel to be delivered & Australia post already have my delivery details. :oops:
Shirley & Bruce.
Dot

Post by Dot »

Went to sleep in the chair last night :lol: .When it comes to these computers and the A oles that invade them numb nuts like me have no idea of the terms they speak. I have been getting "Bunnings have eyz awaiting your details ," deleted . I was chatting to a friend through messenger and I said to G this doesn't sound like Jim! then I emailed him and asked if he was chatting to me on messenger? = NO so I blocked him. Just rang my gasman friend in NZ as it is his wedding day tomorrow and wished him and his new wife well. Proving it is never too late for anyone, he is in his early 80's. I went to check on the 2nd little bird earlier, his parents were not around and it was in the sun with beak open so I gathered it up and noticed it's eyes were closed (like the other one on Friday) and took it to the vets, the one yesterday was PTS as I guess this one will be as well. The fire in the hills is being pushed along with the strong hot winds but they will get it stopped soon. Boys on bikes starts tonight woo hoo, lovely to see Froomey again. I have a tomato ripening at last, looks like the neighbours may be getting some tomatoes this year. Ice cream time now so Copyulater
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
RobertNotBob

Post by RobertNotBob »

Night Dot have just put the grandkids to bed a late night bonus for them. Did I mention we lov fresh vine ripen tomato. Night to Mr G and Brian.
dream4red

Post by dream4red »

Dot, as Robert says, nothing beats the flavour of a home grown tomato. Hope you get to find and taste some flavour there mate xxxx

Thanks for all your thoughts on the scammers. The best warning that I have been given is to pull out the internet connection as soon as you suspect any foul deeds. It's good to have that plan already thought about, just in case.... I hope to never have to resort to that plan, but is now ready planned for the next cretin that tries to fool me. I will be doing a regular check on my paypal account from now on. I do have a notepad next to the computer and whenever paypal is used, I write down date, amount and who sells and what I bought. When I check my bank statements, they just say paypal and give no details, so I need to be awake to any fraudulent entries. I have been doing that for a long time and it has saved me from a few odd claims, but now I will be much more vigilant.

Last year we had a great crop on our mango tree, which was stolen in a night by a flock of fruit bats. Soon after that, I bought a couple of fruit fly/bat nets to throw over the mango and tomato bushes. With all the rain that we have had the mango has grown to be much bigger than last year. So the net isn't big enough. I decided that the mango crop is way more important than tomatoes, so today I sewed the nets together, to make a very big net. The job was nowhere near as difficult as I thought it would be. I then spent the afternoon catching up on the sewing/mending pile. A good day to stay inside out of the heat.

Hope you are all staying cool and out of the sun,
night all xxx
Deborah

Just get out there and enjoy life
BernieQ2

Post by BernieQ2 »

Hi Deb, I use PayPal but I don't have any money in PayPal, I only use direct debit for goods I buy. So no one can draw money from my PayPal account.
I also don't open any mail that comes from anyone I don't know...I just delete, safer that way...if it was from someone I know they have my phone number
Bernie.
jon_d

Post by jon_d »

I use PayPal but I don't have any money in PayPal, I only use direct debit for goods I buy. So no one can draw money from my PayPal account.
When the money is taken from Paypal, it then automatically takes the money from your nominated account.
My paypal set up sends an email confirming the transfer.
dream4red

Post by dream4red »

Another day too hot for you Dottie? It was too hot for us too. xxxx

Yes Jon and Bernie, that is how my paypal works too. It was just the very realistic messages that I received (both text on phone and email) to tell me that a suspicious request had been received, that was followed up by the paypal account actually having the suspicious request in my account. It was a very sophisticated scheme and was not much fun for the three days that the scammers took to wear me down. I know now and it won't be so easy to fool this little black duck again.

Tanks, I hope that you have dry feet mate. The Clermont area is looking a tad wet, hope you are not affected by all the heavy rain and flooding.

Today was too hot to do much, so we ventured over to the hammer shop instead. It's always interesting. His nibs wanted some bendable tubing to work on the mango tree arbour. We took quite a long way through several departments, comparing different styles of tubing, until he decided on the tubing in the garden department. He has yet to plant the steel posts in the ground, but this is the last bit of stuff needed to be purchased. Hoping for more pleasant weather to get this job finished.

I did the decapitations of dead flowers on the hundreds of dahlia plants. It takes a fair while to cover all the plants and in this heat, it really did exhaust me. Won't have to do that again for a couple of days. It does make the front of the house look cared for so it is worth the effort.

The rest of the day was spent reporting my cyber criminals to the police on a site for cyber crime. I do hope that my report will help some other poor person from falling for these mongrels. It took a long time to accurately fill in the forms, but worth it.

stay cool out there,
nighty night xxx
Deborah

Just get out there and enjoy life
Dot

Post by Dot »

Deborah today was a lovely pleasant day, not too hot and not too cold. I also did some dead heading and rose pruning plus the Peonies have had all their seed pods cut off and are in brown paper bags. If anyone wants any just let me know along with your address. Picked 6 of my home grown tomatoes, pulled out the canna lily stems that had flowered. Always something needing to be done in gardens. Q/ C/link don't make phone calls on a Sunday do they?? Asking for a friend. for real. The C/link said they were from SA but the person lives in Qld? = I say SCAM. Oh bugger it the Girls on bikes tonight so back to having a cuppa then shower then bed, have a phone consult at 0815hrs, middle of the night. :shock: Get those Bowls out Shirley got to keep the practice up. Goodnight everyone x :D Goodnight Peter n Sandra x
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.