Snake season

Some of our best mates are pets of all descriptions.
Dot

Re: Snake season

Post by Dot »

Many dog and cat breeders use the bird netting system around their penned areas, daily inspection and quick disposal if necessary. I am going to do that system around my bird cages. :) Friend of ours is a Doberman breeder and she runs guinea foul in a 1 mt perimeter around her dog yards.
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
JohnM

Post by JohnM »

The best thing to do with snakes, is to take the necessary steps, big ones, away from them!
Life is a trip, to be enjoyed!
John M
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

We're protected by the environmentally friendly Kooka... ;)
Two-Wheeled Kookas copy.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields
native pepper

Post by native pepper »

We've got a resident family of kooka's, two days ago when slashing and being watched over by the father kooka, I disturbed a snake sunning and the kooka did nothing. I suppose it was because it was a big tiger snake and doubt the kooka could have got it off the ground, but it was happy to collect the other things the slashing revealed.
bagmaker

Post by bagmaker »

one does'nt expect them to be thrown by the birds though......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9StilMAigww
native pepper

Post by native pepper »

I'd say the eagle dropped the snake to gain height so as not get hit by the car, bet it came back and picked up the mangled mess for a feast.
Dot

Post by Dot »

I have seen kookas pick one off the road get to a good height and then drop it to kill it then they go back and collect it :)
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
jamglor

Post by jamglor »

Well it looks like our season is in full swing. we had some rain so washed all the phenyl away and I hadn't had time to respray and low and behold found a very angry 2.1 meter King Brown trying to attack little peppa this morning so I used the rule of 410 and relocated the said angry KB.
King Browns and also Taipan's are a couple of snakes that will come to noise and then attack unlike most snakes that will head off in the other direction with noise.
Jamie & Glori
We would rather live with the knowledge that we lived part of our dream than none of it
Dot

Post by Dot »

Scary stuff but good onyu for protecting little Peppa :)
jamglor

Post by jamglor »

No Doubt it will upset some huggers of trees but so be it she is more important to me than them as Bubba has already lost one in the yard before and Aunty loves her as does she love Aunty and Uncle of course.
Jamie & Glori
We would rather live with the knowledge that we lived part of our dream than none of it