Just joined

Please introduce yourself here. Tell us a little about yourself but, please, no long conversations here.
Mrbolly

Re: Just joined

Post by Mrbolly »

Helen Grose wrote: Tue May 23, 2017 11:14 pm welcome mrbolly good group here

Sent from my SM-G360G using Tapatalk
Hi Helen,
Yes I am seeing that.

Cheers, Alan
Who said it would never go?
mottleemob

Post by mottleemob »

Dot wrote: Fri May 12, 2017 2:18 pm Welcome Alan, there are some weird and some wonderful people on this forum just take them all with a grain or ton of salt. :D
That's the pot calling the kettle black isn't it? :o
cheers Phil
:mrgreen:
Phil,Ann and Mia the spoilt dog
Wanna be grey nomads from SA
Its a Jayco and we love it
R I P Bonnie
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

Mrbolly wrote: Sat May 20, 2017 5:17 pm The Denning gets most of the spare moments although I am a bit of a petrol head as well and have a hobby vehicle which while officially finished, they are never finished. So a if it is not the Denning it is the car.

Cheers, Alan
Hey Alan,
Wanna give us some details on the hobby car? There are others of us here who are also petrol-heads... ;)
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields
Mrbolly

Post by Mrbolly »

Greynomad wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:23 am
Mrbolly wrote: Sat May 20, 2017 5:17 pm The Denning gets most of the spare moments although I am a bit of a petrol head as well and have a hobby vehicle which while officially finished, they are never finished. So a if it is not the Denning it is the car.

Cheers, Alan
Hey Alan,
Wanna give us some details on the hobby car? There are others of us here who are also petrol-heads... ;)
Yes, but most will not be familiar with the make and model of the car because it is an Australian car from the early 1970's, it is a Bolwell Nagari which is a two seater sports coupe. It is powered by a Ford Windsor V8 @ 396 cu.in. Because there is no replacement for displacement! In a car that weighs 1100kgs.

Who said it would never go?
BruceS
Site Admin

Post by BruceS »

Can't you sleep Ray?
Are you having trouble posting an image Alan?
Do you get a reason why it won't go thru?

What colour is yours?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bolwell_N ... 41560).jpg
BruceS
Mannum, SA

Newcastle George

Post by Newcastle George »

And what model?

George
George, Julie, Leonie & Sean - Kotara, Newcastle
DIY 11.5M 1979 Bedford, Nissan/UD FE6T motor
El Gringo

Post by El Gringo »

Used to admire one just up the road from me back in the 80's, red one, was running a 351 Cleveland (of which I've had a few).
Is your windsor based on a 351 block or the 302?

Some pics please?

Cheers,
Bernie B
Bernie B
I plan to stop procrastinating tomorrow.
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

Mrbolly wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:09 am
Greynomad wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:23 am

Cheers, Alan
Hey Alan,
Yes, but most will not be familiar with the make and model of the car because it is an Australian car from the early 1970's, it is a Bolwell Nagari which is a two seater sports coupe. It is powered by a Ford Windsor V8 @ 396 cu.in. Because there is no replacement for displacement! In a car that weighs 1100kgs.

Worked on a few of these in a previous life when I had the dyno tuning workshop back in Wollongong. There was also a kit car that used a Holden 6 cyl but I'm not sure if it was a Bolwell maybe Mk5 or one of the other kit makers that were around in the same period when Aust actually produced sports cars. The Mk10 was something special but too far ahead of its time I think and the price tag as always scared a lot of people off.

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
BernieQ2

Post by BernieQ2 »

Had a mate (name escapes me) who had one in the sixties went up Mt Ousley with him once said if I could take the coin on the dash it was mine .
Bloody couldn't get outa the seat accelerated all the way up dunno what speed but was fast . Didn't get the coin .
Bernie .
bob r

Post by bob r »

An old mate of mine a Graham Moore raced one in the sixties.

Bob