Just joined

Please introduce yourself here. Tell us a little about yourself but, please, no long conversations here.
Mrbolly

Just joined

Post by Mrbolly »

Good afternoon all,
I have just joined this forum, I understand there are plenty of forum members here who have or are converting or modifying bus/coach style vehicles for use as mortar homes.

I have an ex Greyhound Denning Landseer that I am well down the track with in terms of the conversion and would welcome any advice or suggestions you may have, with the possible exception of "don't do it" because it is a bit late for that now.

We have raised the roof by 400mm and resheeted and painted such that the externals look pretty much complete except it is all white and needs some colour, but I'll get to that.

I have finished work on the roof and installing various infrastructure in the bin areas and have now moved inside and begun by levelling the floor over the old aisle. That is about two thirds done but I can't finish there until all the hoses and cables etc. are in.

That is probably enough to make you all shake your heads and mumble words like "poor demented fellow"

Cheers. Alan

P.S. Anyone there can tell me how to make a picture small enough to be accepted as an Avatar for this forum, using my iPad?
Who said it would never go?
BruceS
Site Admin

Re: Just joined

Post by BruceS »

Welcome to the forum Alan.
Yes there are several on here that have converted ex-coaches to MH's.
There's even a couple still doing it & (I believe) hold the world record for how long they've been doing it till now!!!
The avatars need to be less than 130 X 130 pixels. (129 X 129)
There is a kb limit too but that shouldn't worry you UNLESS you are using an Apple!!
I've found if you open the jpg in Irfan View (or similar) & just resave it, then the kb size should be OK.
If you get stuck, send it to me & I'll fix it for you. admin@ozervnews.com
Alternatively you can buy a PC computer!!! haha .... sorry I couldn't help myself!
BruceS
Mannum, SA

Mrcoolabah1au

Post by Mrcoolabah1au »

Buy an apple🏡
Coolabah1au
Wayne nini
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

Welcome to the forum Alan. You picked a great model to convert, a Google search might find a record of others who have converted the same model and hopefully William (Busman) will be along soon with information about a group that has or is in the process of converting Denning's and Austral's in general.
I guess I'm the world record holder Bruce was referring to with his dig, I started the conversion back in 1998, it's still not finished but we can live in it. here is a link to the PhotoBucket library http://s419.photobucket.com/user/Terry- ... t=6&page=1 and really the only thing that has happened since the last photo back in 2011 besides the front now at least in undercoat /filler and the Lexan windows back in is the bus has moved to Mannum SA via a low loader. Life and body falling apart got in the way of completing it, but hope is still there that it will actually get finished one day.

T1 Terry & Margaret
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Dot

Post by Dot »

Welcome Alan, there are some weird and some wonderful people on this forum just take them all with a grain or ton of salt. :D
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
Lance

Post by Lance »

Gooday Alan.
Lots of helpful ppl here to answer your questions.
We're all looking forward to some pics so how about you download Shrink Pic from this link and let it automatically re-size your pics as you upload them.
https://shrink-pic.en.softonic.com/

As far as I know it will run on an apple,,,,,but best you do a bit of research on that ;)
Lance & Annee
Looking for more Music Festival Dates in Victoria 8-)
bagmaker

Post by bagmaker »

G'Day Alan,
glad you found us!! :D
Mrbolly

Post by Mrbolly »

Good evening all,
Many thanks for your welcome to the forum.
My project has had its starts and stops as life and work interfere with projects and completing.
I'll get myself sorted in terms of using the forum, posting and replying to each individually as things progress.
Thanks Bruce, I have in fact got a computer but almost never use it as the iPad is just so much more user friendly.
Cheers for now Alan
Who said it would never go?
Helen Grose

Post by Helen Grose »

welcome Alan
there are plenty of people on this forum who know lots of things Dots George built there bus and he done a great job as others have done
Helen the boring one

Sent from my SM-G360G using Tapatalk

Hans

Post by Hans »

Hi Alan, I also have an ex-Greyhound Denning Landseer DIY converted coach/motorhome. I am in North Ringwood. You are more than welcome to come and have a look at what I did. Conversion project started in Jan 2008 and finished Aug 2012. Leaving to head north, on our 5th big trip, mid-next week. PM me for contact details. Regards, Hans