Chasing gearbox mounts for smot gearbox

If you are looking for an item please place your request in here!
alleng

Chasing gearbox mounts for smot gearbox

Post by alleng »

Hi all pretty new to all this. Im chasing a couple bushes for my bedford bus. Upper Gearbox mounts..Their cotton reel type..just got 4 sent and they sent the wrong ones I think as they are straight bushes without the flange in the end and 2mm diameter wider. And Im pretty sure there is no way they will press in.. Can anyone help. The size I need is 65mm long .....35mm diameter... between flanges 55mm... with steel sheer pin through middle inner diameter 16mm...suggestions anyone please I have rung all over Australia and no good...
Lance

Re: Chasing gearbox mounts for smot gearbox

Post by Lance »

Allen, any chance of posting a pic of the old mounts ?
Someone may be able to suggest an alternative mount to fit.
Lance & Annee
Looking for more Music Festival Dates in Victoria 8-)
alleng

Post by alleng »

This is what it looks like
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Newcastle George

Post by Newcastle George »

Are they the type and size of mount originally fitted to the Bedford or a mod due to the engine and gearbox change?

George
George, Julie, Leonie & Sean - Kotara, Newcastle
DIY 11.5M 1979 Bedford, Nissan/UD FE6T motor
jon_d

Post by jon_d »

I haven't seen that type on a SMOT.
The flat ones are usually the ones used.

What type and year of Bedford?

What are the dimensions?

Have you tried a suspension place for after market bushes and rubbers?
alleng

Post by alleng »

Were thinking they are the original bushes. The bus is a 1980 Bedford Isuzu motor. Smot box. The modification was done back in the 80s we were told. We have rung around everywhere and the guy who sourced these was Don Kyat spares in Brissie and the parts came from Silverwater nsw. The ones that arrived have no flange and the guy said these were the original bushes. But by the look of things they need the flange as when it does fits in the bellhiusing there are plates either side that bolt from the bellhousing to the rocker arm above..then the rocker arm bolts to the cross member.Dimensions of bush are 65mm long...35mm diameter...55mm between flanges. And the diameter of inner hole is 16mm.. we have tried Mackay ,,BFC , bedford spares ,and a couple other places. Closest we could get in aftermarket we would have had to cut down drill out etc etc..hoping to get some advice here fellas..
Newcastle George

Post by Newcastle George »

I recently purchased rear spring shackle bushes from the company shown below. They were a pleasure to deal with.
On first contact I supplied the following info: I have a Bedford Bus with B-4 chassis, BLP2DZ 611821, Chassis No FJ666967. I wish to purchase shackle bushes for the rear springs. Could you please advise availability and price for delivery to PO Box 246 Kotara NSW 2289, Australia?
I was able to speak to Graham via skype.

George

Graham Eaton
Vehicle Independent Parts Ltd
Unit 19
Innovation Centre
Highfield Drive
Churchfields
St Leonards On Sea
E,.Sussex
TN38 9UH
Tel 01424 858317 or 314
E MAIL truckpartsuk@aol.com & eaton2speed@gmail.com
George, Julie, Leonie & Sean - Kotara, Newcastle
DIY 11.5M 1979 Bedford, Nissan/UD FE6T motor
Lance

Post by Lance »

Mackay Silent Rubber used to do an illustrated catalogue of their bushes and the like but it seems they no longer have one.
This link may give you some options though.

http://www.mackayrubber.com.au/catalogu ... oducts.php
Lance & Annee
Looking for more Music Festival Dates in Victoria 8-)
alleng

Post by alleng »

hi Lance the wife spent time with Mackay on the phone the other day going through the catalogues. the only thing they could find similar was a split bush ( nylon neoprene) I think that's what they call it needing to be altered drilled out etc to make it fit..I will go through this catalogue again..thanks
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

From memory and this going back a long way, these are called rear engine mounts. You could try contacting http://www.premierillawarra.com.au/ and ask for the workshop foreman. When they took over Hills Bus they had quite a few Isuzu repowered Bedfords and it might be a part they are familiar with or even have as an old/new stock item. If not they may be able to put you onto a source for the bushes. Custom Coaches once carried all these buses but sadly they are no more and I'm guessing a lot of their stock went to the tip.

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO