Tanks's Birthday.

pet-els

Re: Tanks's Birthday.

Post by pet-els »

Happy Birthday Keith, got your message re Cobar but I'm now at Binnaway and head off tomorrow for places north so we need to keep in touch .

PeterH
PeterH
Keith Morris

Post by Keith Morris »

'''''''tanks" here---
I had a few beers at COBAR for my birthday party and had a nice chinese meal of king prawns etc at the RSL with Selwyn who shouted me the dinner. Mr Russell is peeved off at not being allowed into the RSL with me and puts on a royal show when I return to the Iveco "TANK". We are now parked at the overnight park at Coonabarabran NSW, and head off to Goondiwindi [check spelling] on the Qld/NSW border this morning when Selwyn gets out of bed.
Where are you Petals ?? Will you be passing into Qld via Goondiwindi. Remembering how fast you go in the 5th wheeler, you may be near Cairns by now ( :lol: ) I hope to meet with you along the road or at least at Maryborough or Dysart. If you are doing the Maryborough way, we have a parking spot at my Sisters house.[ phone me for the address details].
I will be going to COOYAR Qld for a few days visit with the old RSM and then to Maryborough.

Peter, have you been to the STANDOWN PARK camping complex between Gympie/Maryborough in your many travels. Standown Park was established as an ex-service retreat but is now also open for the general public for a small daily fee and has all of the facilities necessary for a good stopover point. I have not been there but have only visited their website for details. Impressive !!!
Keith

I'm now 85 years of age and living in WA, single (gave up looking), white hair, no teeth, no address, no money, no worries.
Craig

Post by Craig »

Hi tanks,

I stayed at Standown Park just recently. It is a good park but no tv reception for those that want tv. There were no powered sites available when I was there but that's not a problem but the price of an unpowered site was a little high.

Craig
Full time on the road in an Alpine 2855
pet-els

Post by pet-els »

Keith, RING me!
I'm at Narrabri now [1200] and heading for Goondiwindi and will meet up with you for the night.
Let me know where you are parked, I think there is now a free over nite camp there now.

PeterH
PeterH
Keith Morris

Post by Keith Morris »

pet-els wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2017 11:49 am Keith, RING me!
I'm at Narrabri now [1200] and heading for Goondiwindi and will meet up with you for the night.
Let me know where you are parked, I think there is now a free over nite camp there now.

PeterH

Thanks Peter, all ok now.
Keith.

I'm now 85 years of age and living in WA, single (gave up looking), white hair, no teeth, no address, no money, no worries.