Captains Chair/ Drivers Seat

If you are looking for an item please place your request in here!
alleng

Captains Chair/ Drivers Seat

Post by alleng »

Hi all were chasing a captains Chair or comfy drivers seat. The old Beddy bus seat has had it. Anybody got one for sale? Currently in Qld.
BruceS
Site Admin

Re: Captains Chair/ Drivers Seat

Post by BruceS »

Allen I spend a few km's sitting in a so-called comfortable Mercedes seat until I tried something else ........
I couldn't believe how much more comfortable a Commodore seat was!!
Maybe check out Truck repair places like Recar etc? Sometimes they wreck write-offs & have good Bostrom etc seats to sell.
BruceS
Mannum, SA

Dot

Post by Dot »

Have seen quite a few of the Mitsubishi Delicia? seats been used.
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
alleng

Post by alleng »

Oh ok will look into that
Dot

Post by Dot »

Allen what price are you thinking of?
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
alleng

Post by alleng »

Cheaper the better Dot. I paid I think $1300 for the passenger seat from Custom Coaster Conversions. Plus delivery ..nice seat but not brand new... renewed. Not prepared to pay that again...just not worth it. Have been watching the sites but people put unreasonable prices on them..The drivers seat is very very old. The wife put an extra cushion on it so you dont get a sore bum. If were on a long haul we change over drivers every 2 hours as just not comfortable...so been looking for a while on and off
Dot

Post by Dot »

PM waiting for you
jon_d

Post by jon_d »

I fitted a Freightliner in to mine.

The suspension is excellent. Especially when you sit above the axle.

Just remember, it needs to be DOT/ADR approved and an engineer will have to certify the fitting.
robol

Post by robol »

I have Isri seats in the bus and drive a Patrol when using the camper. I get a sore backside if driving too far and have found by using an inflatable rubber donut fitted under the seat cover, with just enough air in it to soften the ride is a bonus to any seat. Around $20.00 from the chemist. I won't drive without it now. Well worth the investment.
Cheers Rob.
El Gringo

Post by El Gringo »

I have 1 of these seats available if your interested. (have used the other one)
It's out of an older Toyota HiAce 7 seater.
I have taken the arm rests off and thrown them away, also it's disassembled from the base at present, but everything is there to re-assemble it.
Has a swivel base that locks into position and factory retracting lap seat belt.
In surprisingly good condition, though there is a hole on each side where the arm rests were, I know, I know, I shouldn't have done that, but their gone now... :roll:
$100, pick up from Seaford SA.
small.jpg
Cheers,
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Bernie B
I plan to stop procrastinating tomorrow.