Doooottttttttt, where are you???

Anything you like to talk about..Dot is the boss...
GoinBush

Re: Doooottttttttt, where are you???

Post by GoinBush »

Feels 32 here :shock: rain Sunday apparently. You need aniPad Ms Dot, I didn't have to resize my photo at all.
Dot

Post by Dot »

What a beautiful day sunny blue sky, no wind, a beautiful scene of the sea and the long pier stretching out into the water, sun shining and no jumpers on with a temp of 23 in the bus :D . Stopped about 15ks nth of Port Pirie for lunch and a nice stretch of the legs. Brian even did his "leave no trace" in the beginnings of a bunny warren, what a good boy he is. Suppose we shall head off towards Pt Agudda soon and look for a suitable stop the other side. Don't start on ipads or pods or anything else that makes things more confusing to use having enough trouble with this machine. That's it for now, time to move along. Any suggestions for fuel stops ??
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
SteveW

Post by SteveW »

Dot wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2017 2:53 pm Any suggestions for fuel stops ??
Before you run out. - Signed 'Terry' :lol: :lol: :lol:
Steve Williams
http://stevew1945blog.com/

Every absurdity has a champion to defend it.
Oliver Goldsmith. 1728 -1774
Dot

Post by Dot »

SteveW wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2017 4:52 pm
Dot wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2017 2:53 pm Any suggestions for fuel stops ??
Before you run out. - Signed 'Terry' :lol: :lol: :lol:
Smart donkey's bum. Now I am wrestling with this wikicamps thing. How or can you just have the highway map up with the free camps on it?
Decided that the warm sun and the ocean view was worth stopping tonight :) :)
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
GoinBush

Post by GoinBush »

In cosmopolitan Pt Augusta ? :D There are heaps of roadside stops on the north road, no need for any app, just look for all the caravans :lol: safe travels D and G, keep us posted.
Dot

Post by Dot »

Was basking in the sun so decided to stay the night, met a German couple that live in Vic and she asked me how to cook the melons she had gathered :lol: she had heaps of the paddy melons all ready to load into the back of their wiz bang :lol: I had to tell her they were not for eating and she was so disappointed. Not much traffic on the road during the day but the trucks are taking control now but we like to watch them hooping along the road with all their fairy lights on. Still can't figure out this wiki thing so shall wait till we meet up with some kid. :lol: :lol: Watched some of the boys on bikes and that idiot Tomic, too much $$ to soon. Think I am hankering for a truckies burger :)
Barboots

Post by Barboots »

Dot wrote: Now I am wrestling with this wikicamps thing. How or can you just have the highway map up with the free camps on it?
Dot you need to use the section marked "Filters". Then make these selections:
Cheers,
Steve
supersparky

Post by supersparky »

Newcastle George, Where are you ? Dot needs some help here, and I know that you can work this. :D :D :roll:
Cheers
David

David and Terrie with Bandit the travelling companion
2006 Winnebago Alpine
Recently retired and loving it.
Dot

Post by Dot »

Thanks Steve,
Today was just a beautiful sunny repeat of yesterday so guess what? yep we decided to stay here tonight. Amazing to see the amount of cars and trucks that zoom in for a duck down behind their vehicle and wallah a bush rose appears where there was none= magical bush seeds? Then at around 5pm there was the black image "A RAIN CLOUD" coming across the water, the wind blew the dirt in all directions then a few drips of moisture and the sun came out again for a while. Now snuggled in having tea so might just hit the sheets to watch tv. Found out that we don't need the tv antenna up to get reception :roll: :roll: but different story with the NEW sat dish, after numerous emails with the supplier giving instructions on what to do and with no luck so he said he shall send a new LNB unit to us to pick up at Coober Pedy. Guess we shall be moving along in the morning. :) We don't worry about places to park up but when it comes to fuel we do like to know which the best places are.
GoinBush

Post by GoinBush »

Glad to hear you have good weather, sorry can't help with fuel it was a few weeks now since we were on the road.
You're really governed by when you need fuel though because the distances between roadhouses are so great. You just have to suck it up and pay the price. Or walk. :lol: