Doooottttttttt, where are you???

Anything you like to talk about..Dot is the boss...
Boblebago

Re: Doooottttttttt, where are you???

Post by Boblebago »

Dot wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2017 6:05 pm Thanks for that Geoff :D Did a whopping 181ks today :o Stopped in a rest area 112ks nth of Pt Augusta, sun going down and starting to get a bit chilly, have internet and ph but no tv for watching the boys on bikes :cry: Brian went for a walk in the red dust and dug a hole did his thing then covered it nicely, pity people didn't do that.. Railway line about 100mts back of us and there are 3 lots right back there get away from the road noise but bet they didn't reckon on the trains :lol: No wildlife seen apart from 3 road kill sheep too far gone for a leg of lamb. Just about time to shut some blinds and have some tea. Copyuslater :) :lol:
Being a long time Port Augusta resident I had to correct your spelling before Joy (past mayor) sends you a lightning bolt and being an ex train driver the last place I would park is next to a railway line because in the middle of the night one up all up.
Regards Geoff
SteveW

Post by SteveW »

Might be just me, but I love the sound of trains and trucks in the night.
Steve Williams
http://stevew1945blog.com/

Every absurdity has a champion to defend it.
Oliver Goldsmith. 1728 -1774
GoinBush

Post by GoinBush »

Having a big Saturday night out at Spud's Roadhouse Dot?? They even have a poker machine :lol:
GoinBush

Post by GoinBush »

@ Steve. You have some absolutely beautiful photos on your blog and I have just a wee bit of 'rig envy'.

Janelle.
SteveW

Post by SteveW »

GoinBush wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2017 7:44 pm @ Steve. You have some absolutely beautiful photos on your blog and I have just a wee bit of 'rig envy'.

Janelle.
:)
Steve Williams
http://stevew1945blog.com/

Every absurdity has a champion to defend it.
Oliver Goldsmith. 1728 -1774
Dot

Post by Dot »

Well helloooooo there, finally back into some sort of civilization Coober Pedy ;) Well the chinaman has followed us, 1/ the sat dish wouldn't work (have that sorted waiting for parts to come.. 2/ new ph battery lasts one day if lucky. 3/ wait for it, remember we took the bus to mechanic for the check over and esp the clutch ... Well had to get off the road for a 6.8 wide load but hello went to change down and nothing moved tried again and still no change so with a bit of a shudder (stall) we stopped. Turned everything off then restarted and all ok gears went ok till we were going into the rest area for the night, same thing, would not come out of gear ?? next morning all ok again and even got the gears to go back down again?? Made it to Coober pedy where our friend is but he is in Adelaide getting supplies so he gave us the name of the local mechanic. George has just returned from his recognisance and the mechanics shop is non existent , can barely fit a car in there and he thinks that it is most likely the overdrive (6th gear) that is stuffed so he could not recommend anyone apart from Alice springs. So for now we are booked into the Oasis cp where we shall contact our old retired mechanic to see what we do from here.. Q/ Is it ok to just drive along slowler in 5th gear?? Apart from this the weather has been sunny and warm with cool nights. Heading off to the cp jail now .. copyulater x
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
BernieQ2

Post by BernieQ2 »

It should be ok to drive in 5th Dot if there's no problem with it . But maybe still a risk if there maybe something else going wrong in the gear box .
Is it shorter back to port or Alice?
Bernie .
GoinBush

Post by GoinBush »

Well that's a bit of a PITA Dot! Surely you can go along in 5th....I forget to put my Vitara in overdrive all the time. Ooh, that's revving hard, oh whoops, overdrive :lol:
Dot

Post by Dot »

50ks the difference Bernie, 600 to Alice and 550 back to pt A so shall plod along to Alice and see what can be done there. I gather that the 6th gear overdrive is a separate bit in the gearbox???? Anyone know any mechanics in Alice?? :D
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
GoinBush

Post by GoinBush »

Will text the BIL and see who he suggests Dot.