What did you do in the Age of Aquarius?

Anything you like to talk about..Dot is the boss...
justgarbage

Re: What did you do in the Age of Aquarius?

Post by justgarbage »

GoinBush wrote: ↑Fri Jul 07, 2017 5:03 pm What actually is the Age of Aquarius? I'm a Aquarius, does that count? ;)
GounBush is was a wonderful time to be a young person in Australia.The Age of Aquarius was an astronomy term relating to positioning within the universe. However most of us baby boomers more readily accepted the portrayal by Rado, Rangi and MacDermott in the musical Hair. It was a time for walking in space, challenging the establishment, demonstrations, outrageous clothes, nudity, mind bending drugs, sexual exploration, communal living and some really great music.

A good friend of ours (Jon Wasins) auditioned for Hair in Sydney. Jon told the director Jim Sharman about his musical ability but also mentioned that he was living at Woodlands Sun and Health Club. "You are a nudist" Sharman shouted. "Please take off your clothes". Jon got the part. Sharman wanted no costume marks in the parachute nude seen.

We could tell you more GoinBush but alas the topic is a flop! :D
GoinBush

Post by GoinBush »

Thanks John. Being born in 63, I musta just missed it. :lol: I didn't mean to contribute to the flop-ped-ness of the thread though πŸ™Š
supersparky

Post by supersparky »

Dot wrote: ↑Fri Jul 07, 2017 7:50 pm Hey man (lance) were you the little fella in the green bellbottoms and the swirly shirt or was just me? :lol: :lol: OMG it might even have been David Supersparky or OMG even Mr Nativepepper :shock: :shock: :shock:
Dot, If you had said the bloke in blue jeans with a 4 inch unpicked hem and a swirly shirt and a big fake gold chain then I might have been worried. That was the worst part of the early 70's. If you were really there, then you can't remember.
Having said that, I saw 2 beautiful old Triumph motorcycles today, immaculately restored to look just like what we were riding about on then.
That was before Honda 4's and Kawasaki 900's.
Cheers
David

David and Terrie with Bandit the travelling companion
2006 Winnebago Alpine
Recently retired and loving it.
justgarbage

Post by justgarbage »

Yes GoinBush it was a very special time for those of us that lived it. A fistful of wonderful memories for Maryanne, myself and no doubt several others on here as well, but alas they are to shy to admit it.

I wonder if Bruce still has his pink bellbottoms and flower shirt? :D
justgarbage

Post by justgarbage »

supersparky wrote: ↑Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:21 pm I saw 2 beautiful old Triumph motorcycles today, immaculately restored to look just like what we were riding about on then.
Guess what I ride? :D
supersparky

Post by supersparky »

justgarbage wrote: ↑Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:25 pm
supersparky wrote: ↑Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:21 pm I saw 2 beautiful old Triumph motorcycles today, immaculately restored to look just like what we were riding about on then.
Guess what I ride? :D
I knew that, but you probably weren't on the top end of the Gold Coast at lunch time today. The couple riding those bikes didn't look anything like the avatars of you and Maryanne, otherwise I would have introduced myself instead of just gigging at the bikes. :D :D :D
Cheers
David

2006 Winnebago Alpine
BruceS
Site Admin

Post by BruceS »

Nope! I was brought up out on an isolated area farm. Saw nothing, heard nothing ..............
My marble came up but I didn't go .... (don't ask!)
BruceS
Mannum, SA

supersparky

Post by supersparky »

BruceS wrote: ↑Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:37 pm Nope! I was brought up out on an isolated area farm. Saw nothing, heard nothing ..............
My marble came up but I didn't go .... (don't ask!)
Lucky me. We all voted for Gough Whitlam and missed out. I was one of the lucky young ones that never had to deal with that issue.
Cheers
David

2006 Winnebago Alpine
GoinBush

Post by GoinBush »

Where did you grow up Bruce? What sort of farm?
BruceS
Site Admin

Post by BruceS »

Soon it'll be the same again as we march off to Nth Korea........... didn't we do that already in the 50's?
BruceS
Mannum, SA