Jobs

Anything you like to talk about..Dot is the boss...
GoinBush

Re: Jobs

Post by GoinBush »

Lance. Focus.
Lance

Post by Lance »

I did, and it scared me............. :shock:
I'm very sensitive ya know.............. :arrow:
Lance & Annee
Looking for more Music Festival Dates in Victoria 8-)
GoinBush

Post by GoinBush »

THREE pages and only ONE person has posted about their work :lol: :lol: :lol:
Love this forum.
Dot

Post by Dot »

OK, left school at 14, worked in a milkbar in Merrigum Vic. (when I first me my future husb)
Went to Broadmeadows Vic and lived with my sister and got work at the Greenvale hunt club riding track and the poshies polo ponies.
Got a job at a textile factory (Tasco Downing) also at Broadmeadows, worked the evening shift along side my sister.
Got married back in Merrigum to my Beau Terry.
We moved into a tiny flat in Niddrie and Terry got a job at Maurie Quincey motors (Moonee Ponds Vic) and I continued at the textile factory.
We then moved to Beechworth Vic where my Mum & Dad were. Terry got a job no worries and I dropped a sprog so stayed home till I thought "OMG this thing is terrible" so I applied to do my nursing.
Started training in 1971 and stayed there till we decided no future here so headed to NZ in 1975.
I kept nursing in Tokoroa a busy logging town and Terry was service manager at the local Holden place. , Terry was a great versatile mechanic he was soon head hunted by a logging contractor and was his own boss of all the cars and logging machinery till the logging industry was going down so we moved up north to a beautiful 8 acres of bush right on the water at Parua Bay out of Whangarei Nth Isl. I then worked in a private hosp in the operating theatres until Terry had a heart attack or 3 and went weird so we parted, I sold up, headed to where my mum was in SA, bought a house and did some relief night shifts at local hostel, I also went back to doing track work and stable hand for a rat bag trainer until I got work in the local hosp and also Mt Barker hosp. My work life was over when I had a work accident. Boring as bat shit but you asked for it.. :lol:
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
Lance

Post by Lance »

OK, lets shoot the NT gurl down and tell her what she wants to know.................... :roll:

I started workin in Dads servo 1(966) pumping petrol in McLeod and doing grease and oil changes under an old single ram hydraulic hoist that needed propping overnight so we could park customers cars under it.
He was about the 3rd Datsun dealer in Vic at that time. Great fun that driveway. :)
I went out into the world in 1971 to a large Datsun dealer in Collingwood and from there went through several others til I needed a change in 1990. All my Datsun time was in Spare Parts, mostly managing.
We set up a Milk Bar in Mitcham and ran that 15hrs/day..7 days/week til 1998, Set up an ice cream/coffee shop in Montrose, about 4yrs, then went back to a paid job doing stock control and warehousing for an appliance parts distributor in Ringwood, Still there and will probably retire there.

Order of enjoyment ...
Datsun spare parts
Milk Bar
Ice Cream

Well.............you did ask :D
Lance & Annee
GoinBush

Post by GoinBush »

See, that wasn't so hard was it? :D

Not boring at all to me. Dot, if you had been east (Melbourne Hunt Club) instead of west when you were with the hunt club, you would have been playing poshie polo ponies and hunters with my stepfather's uncle, Rupert Richardson, perhaps you met at some time? He was in no way posh, just one of the greatest horsemen ever.

Lance, and there I was thinking you were a cop :lol: :lol: :lol: I bet I went into that Mitcham milkbar at some stage. On Springvale Rd? (Is that right? What's the four lane road through Mitcham? My Melbourne memories are faded)
Lance

Post by Lance »

No Janelle, it was on Mitcham Rd, cnr Carween Av. We thoroughly enjoyed that place, even with 2 kids 5 & 7y/olds when we went in.
Maroondah H/way (Whitehorse Rd) is the main road through Mitcham
Lance & Annee
GoinBush

Post by GoinBush »

Oh yes, that's right. Used to go down Mitcham Rd when I lived at Doncaster.
Maroondah Hwy (slaps head) takes me to Lilydale right?
It's coming back now. When I lived in Doncaster and built a house in Lilydale, I would have driven up Mitham Rd and turned left into Maroondah? Thanks for that :-)
Lance

Post by Lance »

Yep, except we were over the h/way on the other side towards Boronia, but yep, in the right area.
Lance & Annee
GoinBush

Post by GoinBush »

Is it still there? Be a tough gig operating a milk bar these days.