Beach or bush?

Anything you like to talk about..Dot is the boss...
GoinBush

Beach or bush?

Post by GoinBush »

Coasts or countryside? What's your preference, or do you like both?
GoinBush

Re: Beach or bush?

Post by GoinBush »

Ok, I'll start :D
I love the beach but only in winter and especially if it's wild and windy. I always fancied living in a lighthouse on some remote and stormy coast.
Favourite coastline is Rocky Cape NW Tasmania.

I love the bush too, obviously :D I love bush tracks, the trees and plants, the amazing night skies, the birds and animals.
Favourite bush area, Eastern Desert NT.
Shirley

Post by Shirley »

We have always lived on the east coast, spent a lifetime spending time at the beach & enjoying water sports, still love the beaches but find the outback amazing too. Best outback trip so far Winton to Boulia, Qld & return it was unbelievable how different the landscape presented travelling in the opposite direction, we intend going again as the Boulia camel races were cancelled for the first time ever the year that we went & the road that we intended travelling down to Birdsville was closed due to flooding.
We love staying at NPs., & State Forests too, like bush walking.
Shirley & Bruce.
GoinBush

Post by GoinBush »

I was thinking last night, after the power went out (lots of time to think after the power goes out) that there are other beautiful beaches I've enjoyed.
Killarney beach between Warnambool and Port Fairy.
Absolutely loved Cockle Creek southern most tip of Tasmania.In August, both times, not another soul there.
My parents lived at Forster NSW and a cruise on the lakes with dolphins along side was pretty flash.
I grew up on the beach at Barwon Heads, not a bad place to spend your days.
I was 9 when we lived at Sawtell and it's white, squeaky sand will never be forgotten and hiding under the pier in an massive electrical storm when we lived at Coffs Harbour.

Bush places...The walk into Russell Falls/Mt Field National Park was beautiful. Water dripping off the treeferns and quolls everywhere.
Walking out the back of Lorne through fantastic rainforest to the waterfalls, crossing creeks on slippery, moss- covered logs.

I need a bus :cry:
Shirley

Post by Shirley »

Coffs Harbour area is all very scenic beautiful beaches, pity the council was not RV friendly, friends recently sold thme Sawtell bus service.
Sounds like you need to find a bus real quick👍We have a LWB Coaster but don't get away in it often enough.
We live on Lake Macquarie beautiful spot biggest salt water lake in Australia.
Shirley & Bruce.
GoinBush

Post by GoinBush »

Sounds like it Shirley. It would keep us travelling for years with just visiting and showing the other half all the places I've lived.
This list isn't even a quarter of them :o
GoinBush

Post by GoinBush »

Shirley wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2017 1:21 pm
We live on Lake Macquarie beautiful spot biggest salt water lake in Australia.
I haven't lived there :lol:
Dot

Post by Dot »

Both as long there are no people around. :lol:
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
justgarbage

Post by justgarbage »

Big thumbs up for the Beach Janelle. Living on the coast is a privilege. Very difficult to sail in the bush. :)
supersparky

Post by supersparky »

Janelle, If you grew up in Barwon Heads then then you would know the beautiful nothingness (Just made up a word ) of the ocean. It is never the same, but always amazing. And so is the bush. I don't think that you will find a farmer in Australia that can't tell you about every bird, animal or insect that lives on their land. So long as there is a decent campfire at night then anywhere in this great land of ours is a good place to be.
You just have to try to find the time to go visit. I know there are lots of places the I haven't seen yet. :D
Cheers
David

David and Terrie with Bandit the travelling companion
2006 Winnebago Alpine
Recently retired and loving it.