Beach or bush?

Anything you like to talk about..Dot is the boss...
El Gringo

Re: Beach or bush?

Post by El Gringo »

Around it nowadays. Once the expressway went through you needed to turn off to get to Gosford.
Before then it was on the highway.
Bernie B
I plan to stop procrastinating tomorrow.
GoinBush

Post by GoinBush »

Bingo! Been there :-)
Helen Grose

Post by Helen Grose »

Well has this brought back some memories the cake shopturned into a hot bread shop.Glad i missed the cake shop or i would have been bigger than i am now in those days the cakes where all fresh
The good old Reptile park was great i can remember when it was loadered onto a truck and taken to its present site in Sumersby you can see it from the express way lots of excitement back then
Umina was a great place
Helen the boring one [emoji4][emoji4]

Sent from my SM-G360G using Tapatalk

Helen Grose

Post by Helen Grose »

i meant the dinasur was loadered on the truck[emoji38][emoji38][emoji38]

Shirley

Post by Shirley »

Deborah have you ever sighted a shark in the lake yourself?
We have lived here 20+ yrs & never actually seen a shark in our bay, l' m not for one minute saying there aren't any but we have never seen one. Spent countless hours out on our yacht, kayaking, motor boating, swimming etc., all around the lake &
sitting on our front deck never have we seen a sharks.
Since the trawling was stopped it's amazing how many more sea creatures we are seeing, even had a couple of sea urchins growing on our jetty & found a sea horse. Once we had a large turtle at the end of the jetty & we have seen dolphins in the lake.
Certainly is a lovely area to live & come home to after travelling around our amazing country.
Shirley & Bruce.
Helen Grose

Post by Helen Grose »

Shirley it is a great place and glad they have stopped the trawling i did not know that As a child we use to go prawningin the lake The central Coast is a wonderfull area
Think of me when you are on your deck with a nice wine [emoji38][emoji38] Helen

Shirley

Post by Shirley »

Certainly will but it will be a scotch & Coke I don't drink much wine😀😀
Bruce's parents had a weekender at Toukley when he was 4 years old he certainly has some childhood stories about catching prawns by the bucket load his mother eventually retired into it unfortunately his Dad died at 62 yrs.

Think that they still trawl Tuggerah Lakes, co-op still at Toukley & Tuggerwong, unfortunately.
Shirley & Bruce.
Helen Grose

Post by Helen Grose »

i would prefer Scotch and coke My grandparents werefishermen who worked out of tacoma pop always had lots of fish and prawns but that was in the late a long time ago Oh to have memories of so lond ado where have the years gone Take care Shirley nice chatting [emoji4][emoji4]
Helen the boring one

El Gringo

Post by El Gringo »

I can remember prawning at Tuggerah Lakes using a 2 man net, 1 trawl would fill the 12 gallon drum we had on the shore boiling away ready for the catch.
Wow, good memories...
Bernie B
I plan to stop procrastinating tomorrow.
BernieQ2

Post by BernieQ2 »

Bernie , we done the same down at St Georges Basin my oldies ( shit I'm one now ) had a holiday shack there . they used to take the little putt putt out do a run with the net then back to shore and all the locals would cook them up on the beach in from memory a 44 gallon drum ,
As you say great memory's .
BernieQ