Pug,Fug or Boston Terriers for the motorhome

Some of our best mates are pets of all descriptions.
Vik351

Re: Pug,Fug or Boston Terriers for the motorhome

Post by Vik351 »

BillieBlue wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:50 pm Isn't it funny how they get to know when you're gonna go on a trip in the van or truck. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Pat....
Or get near the beach...!!! :P :P :P

vik...
Merk 4x4 VF30 519 CDI 2020 LWB V6TD 3 ltr 6 wheeler ,Tenorite Grey ... yep, it's not white ...!!! 8-)
Vik351

Post by Vik351 »

GoinBush wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:29 pm I lost my best little mate the other day. :cry: :cry: :cry: He was 12 years old, an ex show dog we took on as a 3 year old when his career was over. He was totally obsessed with me and had extreme separation anxiety and if left, would drool bucketsful of the most gross saliva while licking the door. When in the car he would just lay in his bed and sleep all day, I had to wake him up for toilet stops. He would sleep in the car when we stayed at motels and never a peep out of him. He just loved travelling, so I was really looking forward to getting the bus knowing he was going to be the perfect little travelling dog. :cry: :cry: :cry:

I don't know that I will get another. I showed dogs for 20 odd years and have had a long break from it and was wondering if I might get a little dog to show because the Alice Springs dog club runs about 8 shows a year and I could do with a hobby.
But I just don't know...
It's a shocker when this time comes, I know only too well, but we know it is inevitable,but it still hurts... :cry:

Just wait a month if ya can GoinBush before ya make a un-gut gut feeling , think about it long and hard, and if ya do decide to get one, what about one the same age as you from the dog pound...??? :shock: :o ( in dog years that is...!!!)

vik... Just an idea...??? :?
Merk 4x4 VF30 519 CDI 2020 LWB V6TD 3 ltr 6 wheeler ,Tenorite Grey ... yep, it's not white ...!!! 8-)
BillieBlue

Post by BillieBlue »

Hi goinBush,

So sorry about loosing your little buddy , i'ts never easy when they go but I reckon in time you should get another dog ;)

the amount of pleasure they bring is immeasurable ,as you already know 8-)

Our bluey came from a dog rescue centre in Gympie when she was 6yrs old ,she is now 16 ,so she is well and truely classed

as a senior , just like me :( and i can honestly say she is one of the best dogs i have ever owned :) We saw the dog on the internet

and we drove about 180klm to pick her up .Rescue dogs are very very loyal i reckon 8-) 8-)

Pat...
Billie Blue
native pepper

Post by native pepper »

GoinBush wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:29 pm I lost my best little mate the other day. :cry: :cry: :cry: He was 12 years old, an ex show dog we took on as a 3 year old when his career was over. He was totally obsessed with me and had extreme separation anxiety and if left, would drool bucketsful of the most gross saliva while licking the door. When in the car he would just lay in his bed and sleep all day, I had to wake him up for toilet stops. He would sleep in the car when we stayed at motels and never a peep out of him. He just loved travelling, so I was really looking forward to getting the bus knowing he was going to be the perfect little travelling dog. :cry: :cry: :cry:

I don't know that I will get another. I showed dogs for 20 odd years and have had a long break from it and was wondering if I might get a little dog to show because the Alice Springs dog club runs about 8 shows a year and I could do with a hobby.
But I just don't know...
The amount of times I've said wouldn't have a dog again, would be each time I've lost one and have had them all my life since I could walk. But then along comes someone needing rescuing and can't resist giving them a happy enjoyable life. Plus as loyal companions, you can't beat them.

It has taken most of my life to get to the stage where accepting their short life spans compared to us, means have programmed myself to see them as having had the best of life I could give them. That's all we can do, provide them with love and good times, from that they add spice, joy, panic and exceptional companionship and love.

Now have 3, they make be laugh, get mad at them and then love them even more because of their pure innocence. Nothing like your dog coming up to you extremely happy and joyful, smelling like a dead shit house rat after rolling in something and wanting to get close. Oh the joys of having a dog are never ending.

The best approach when losing some one close, is to concentrate on the happiness you have given them in life, your little mate got the best. I'm sure another little mate seeking some love and care will come your way and you will find it hard to refuse. They always do, when they know you give them something to live for and can feel safe.

Bet there is one just over the horizon, looking for some one to rescue, love and care for them. You won't be able to refuse that look of longing and need, bet they will male you glad you had your time with your little mate and will look forward to filling the big gap and helping you get over your sad lose.
GoinBush

Post by GoinBush »

Thanks for the kind words.
Vik351

Post by Vik351 »

Any folk here know about these little critters...???

http://dogappy.com/facts-about-boston-t ... mix-bo-chi

Sound like the ducks guts for a MH, No shedding, just shitting, good temperment, likes the conditions old farts do so wont ever be too cold or hot...!!!

God little guard and not a yapper, ok with the rest of the world by the looks...

Looked at The Pug and the Frenchie (french bulldog) and seemed to have the no nose problems (How does he smell...??? Terrible... :lol: ) as in cant breath properly and smore like frieght trains, then the popped out eyes need sun screen protection etc... sounded too hard

The Fug was another contender https://www.google.com.au/search?q=mini ... 36&bih=540 but got the comment they were big shedders, not a real big deal...!!!

So who has what...??? Or just try the cat...???

vik...
GoinBush

Post by GoinBush »

Hi Vik,

You proddly won't get a Bo Chi in Oz. We don't tend to do the designer dog thing here as much as in the States. Don't know about Fugs. I think we pay so much for purebred dogs that we wouldn't go crossing them but who knows when it comes to the almighty dollar. I would suggest not perpetuating the designer dog business.

Since you are not after a purebred, why don't you head to your local dog shelter or google their website. You will be able to tell at a glance if a dog shorthaired/non-shedding or a total nutjob.

I am thinking about an Italian Greyhound, they sound perfect for MH life.
Dot

Post by Dot »

Give an abandoned dog a loving home, there are so many of them in shelters all over the place.. :(
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
Vik351

Post by Vik351 »

""I am thinking about an Italian Greyhound, they sound perfect for MH life.""

Well there ya go, the breeder I spoke to about fugs, pugs and mugs also mentioned Italian Greyhound as a good pick for a HM dog... and a whippet .

Pound, yea... bin stung a couple of times though, the only good pound dog was a pup "we" brought up... at least they take em back if it doesnt work out...

Must look up itie greyhounds... actually,mi son had a X race greyhound , the adopt plan, talk about what one perceves and to what you get... :lol: :lol: :lol: Such a cool dude :ugeek: :ugeek: :ugeek:

vik...bloody horse...!!! :lol:
Dot

Post by Dot »

The greyhound adoption schemes are fantastic and those dogs can curl up into a very compact unit. I think they are just a beautiful dog. I have had 3 dogs from our local shelters and all have been just great. They need that bit of extra care and understanding due to some things we may not know of what had happened to them previously.. but they all come right in the end.
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.