Laws in Qld ??

One question at a time please & once the person asking the question is happy with the answer they'll say "next question please" & anyone can chime in with the next question. (fun, fun, fun!)
Dot

Laws in Qld ??

Post by Dot »

Need some assistance with this one, a bit on the legal side..
Have a friend who is now a widow, her late husb and herself made a loan to another man with written agreements on repayments and interest etc.. Fot the past few yrs the man that borrowed the $$$ has been making all sorts of promises to repay the $$ and always makes excuses as to why he has not done so e.g. When I sell the business, things are tight right now, etc etc.. I told her to see a solicitor about a lein on any property the man has before he either goes bankrupt or puts all into his wifes name etc.. She went to see a solicitor with all her documents and he said that she has a good case so he sent a letter of demand to the said man = NO reply.. He also said she can't put a lein on his property ?? (she didn'at ask why) Anyway she has been speaking to this man and he keeps assuring her as he has been for the past xxx yrs and that she should come to visit him and his wife ???? hhhmmmmmm me thinks more BS to come from this guy.. Anyway I asked a friend to check this dude out who was/ is the manager of a Qld snotty yatch club and yes he certainly is there.. My question is how to get this nice man to cough up the now $3ok plus he has been owing for years...???? And why can't she put some lein on his assetts????
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
ALAN 41

Re: Laws in Qld ??

Post by ALAN 41 »

Anyone know of a few bikies who are bored. :roll: :roll:
Dot

Post by Dot »

That was our way back in NZ, used them as debt collectors and never once did they come back with no money and they asked very politely... :lol: :lol:
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
madiesmum

Post by madiesmum »

i was going to say the same thing alan. lol great minds think alike.

she should be able to take him to court on legal aid so it wont cost her to recover the money of put it in the hands of a debt collector. DC will put the foot down with a firm fist and all what for.
love anne-marie xx
hino am100 - big red bus
'unfortunately the unexpected is not predictable'
http://annemariebuttigieg.myneways.com. ... /Home.aspx
"Do the best you can, until you know better. Then when you know better, do better.!"
ALAN 41

Post by ALAN 41 »

Yes Am.
Our Son in law rides a Harley, leather jacket, black helmet, tatts etc. as do some of his mean looking mates, scary looking buggers, :o but they're all softies at heart, builders, solicitors, butchers etc. one is even a copper. :o
BUT, if they sat outside the house and demanded he pay the poor lady concerned I reckon he would be at the bank doing a bloody quick withdrawl.
Dot

Post by Dot »

I'm sure my friend would make a nice tax free donation to someone suitable to get the job done.. ;) ;) ;) ;)
ALAN 41

Post by ALAN 41 »

Spose you could always send the Kiwi Pom around when he comes back over to the big island, :D complete with his gumboots and velcro gloves. :twisted:

That should scare the bejesus out of the mongrel :lol: :lol: :lol:
Peter

Post by Peter »

Dot, I think your friend has a problem. There is every chance that any further expenditure on solicitors and legal fees will probably increase your friend loss as it appears that this has been ongoning for some considerable time . $30000 is a lot of money to most of us however legal fees soon mount . Even if she obtained a judgement in her favour in court he would probably not make payment. It would be interesting to know for what purpose the money for the original loan was to be apportioned to. eg buy car or whatever.

Trying to embarrass is a handy tool does she have any mutual friends both common to her and this fellow. A few well directed comments at the appropriate time could help. I was a secretary /treasurer and manager for a body corperate some time ago and we had one really bad payer he just ignored all contact I used this strategy I did however have to tell a few fibs to upgrade the senaro but we did get the money.
Dot

Post by Dot »

Thanks Peter, I can't understand why a lein can't be put on his property, she has all the written evidence needed to prove her claim even recent emails admitting he owes her the money..The money was for a yatch mooring he bought from her. If it was up to me I would be confronting him at his place of work either with the tv mob or when the place was full of members etc..Like I said, he is the manager of a very swish Yatch club.. Any takers??
BruceQ

Post by BruceQ »

Dot

I hope this will help ?

http://www.smh.com.au/small-business/re ... -cv5y.html

BUT
.. my layman advice is to be very firm and stick to the facts, write everything down including times and dates of contacts, follow up PROMPTLY and mention "when we last spoke at 9.35am on Tuesday 1st Jan - you said you would pay the amount into my bank today so I am ringing to ask for a copy of the receipt to be emailed to me now"

Dont be backward in reading thru the dates and times of all contacts to them as a reminder of their past promises and your follow ups.

IF you decide that a debt collector is the only way to go - then some will only charge a fee of they get a result, but still be very careful because these people are professional at getting money from people - and that can include getting money from you too !!!

Best of luck to get a positive result very quickly :D