Thought for Today

Drop in and dribble on about nothing serious. Seriously a mad place to hang out. Better to avoid it if you're not in the mood!!! If you're determined to be sad, bad, mad & angry then move along!!!
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Re: Thought for Today

Post by T1 Terry »

Electile disfunction.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
T1 Terry

Post by T1 Terry »

I'm not shaking hands.jpeg
I'm not shaking hands with him .....
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Dot

Post by Dot »

supersparky wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 7:07 am In what context have you heard that term Dot?
It was a picture (of a male) and I remarked "a camel toe" but was corrected before you lot put me right :lol: :lol:
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
RobertNotBob

Post by RobertNotBob »

Says it all.
T1 Terry

Post by T1 Terry »

corrupt.jpg
jon_d

Post by jon_d »

This whole thing about the corruption watchdog is that; it's there to catch the rotten eggs.
If you're not rotten, you don't have to worry about it.
I can't see why they are refusing to put legislation in. Makes you wonder.
T1 Terry

Post by T1 Terry »

jon_d wrote: Sun Apr 17, 2022 12:07 pm This whole thing about the corruption watchdog is that; it's there to catch the rotten eggs.
If you're not rotten, you don't have to worry about it.
I can't see why they are refusing to put legislation in. Makes you wonder.
Uuummmm..... all the way up from local council politics or even the committee chair person involves some sort of back room dealing to get the votes required .... well, unless no one else wants the job :lol: The further up the ladder, the more questionable the deals, like promising to arrange land rezoning in exchange for a vote, then a promise of something the person who would appose the land rezoning to get them on side ... and so on .... at what point does it look like standard politics to one person and outright corruption to another?
Buying votes with govt handouts where the money could be spent more productively and return a better outcome for the region, but not buy the support needed, is just the whole back room deals on a larger scale ..... eliminate all back room deals .... tell 'em they're dreaming .......
Riverlander

Post by Riverlander »

My old Dad used to say "wonder who watches the watchman"
Cheers
BruceS
Site Admin

Post by BruceS »

Brian? (Homeless)
He's always watching his watch that watches everything!
(heart beat, steps, mileage, I could go on but won't....;)
BruceS
Mannum, SA

T1 Terry

Post by T1 Terry »

Riverlander wrote: Sun Apr 17, 2022 12:49 pm My old Dad used to say "wonder who watches the watchman"
Cheers
When it comes to private security watchmen who are supposed to do the rounds 4 times a night, in my case, the customer. When 4 tickets came under the door in one hit, I opened the door to a rather startled woman, no idea if it was the watchman's wife or someone employed by the security mob, but she knew the game was up, I ran the security mob while she was there and asked if they'd like to speak to her about the 4 tickets in one go and not even being a watch-person as such ..... they just hung up on me and naturally never sent an account for any monies that might have been due ......

In the public sector, hopefully every voter, they are the customer after all .....

T1 Terry