Thought for Today

Drop in and dribble on about nothing serious. Seriously a mad place to hang out. Better to avoid it if you're not in the mood!!! If you're determined to be sad, bad, mad & angry then move along!!!
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Re: Thought for Today

Post by T1 Terry »

Noggins wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 12:14 pm With Diliveroo gone it's a great chance for a couple of independent drivers to form their own group and lobby their best customers for a " Delivery contract".
Work directly with/from the best places they had delivered from before, but this time the delivery fee goes into their own pockets and not Deliveroo.
Maybe, but as far as I understand it, there wasn't enough work from any single outlet to pay decent money to cover the hrs, insurances and costs of setting oneself up as an dependent contractor .... only to have one of the many other delivery mobs to under cut the independent operator until they went to the wall, then put their prices back up.
If they could get enough of the delivery people together to form a cooperative, then maybe they could steal people and customers away from established delivery mobs. I doubt if it was all boiled down to profit and loss, any of them are making money to the point were they could actually employ drivers on a proper employment basis.
With the courts making rules about how the drivers are linked to the delivery companies and the proposed combined worker group legislation travelling through parliament that could well enable their delivery drivers to take combined action across all the delivery platforms, I expect to see even more of these mobs shutting shop

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

Funny that.
We can’t get Domino’s to deliver to Rutherglen… it’s only 45km.
In the Big Smoke a “local” delivery could be further. 🙄
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

Remind you of someone you know???
A0699721-C95C-449A-BA65-747547E99E6A.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--

W.C.Fields
Dot

Post by Dot »

Yeah T1 :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
T1 Terry

Post by T1 Terry »

Dot wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 1:15 pm Yeah T1 :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Had the full size Mars Bars ready for Halloween ... just in case there was that knock at the door ...... reference an ad last yr or the yr before https://lolzombie.com/11428/full-size-snickers/

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

🤔
If you grab a child and make off with them, it’s called “kidnapping”.

If you grab someone over 18 and make off with them, why is it still called “kidnapping”??

Why isn’t it “adultnapping”?!?!?
🤔🤔🤔
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--

W.C.Fields
T1 Terry

Post by T1 Terry »

Greynomad wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 11:57 pm 🤔
If you grab a child and make off with them, it’s called “kidnapping”.

If you grab someone over 18 and make off with them, why is it still called “kidnapping”??

Why isn’t it “adultnapping”?!?!?
🤔🤔🤔
Also known as a "scan" (Senior Citizens Afternoon Nap) or nanna nap, very popular as one ages and you get the opportunity 8-) maybe it's reliving our childhood :lol:

T1 Terry
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

T1,
Does that mean that every afternoon SWMBO is kidnapped?
😵‍💫
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--

W.C.Fields
T1 Terry

Post by T1 Terry »

Greynomad wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 8:01 pm T1,
Does that mean that every afternoon SWMBO is kidnapped?
😵‍💫
No, it doesn't even mean I get to have a SCAN each afternoon either, but you did ask about adultnapping ;) :lol:

T1 Terry
T1 Terry

Post by T1 Terry »

Pity I'm no longer on the Caravanner forum, this would have gone down well over there :lol:

Answers, simple and complex.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.