Thought for Today

Drop in and dribble on about nothing serious. Seriously a mad place to hang out. Better to avoid it if you're not in the mood!!! If you're determined to be sad, bad, mad & angry then move along!!!
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Re: Thought for Today

Post by T1 Terry »

Once a King, always a King.
Once a Knight is enough. ;)
Tell the truth Ray, the last line is
"once a night is but a memory" :lol:

I always thought the bra was designed along the old drover's line of "Rounding them up and heading them out in the right direction"
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

"once a night is but a memory" :lol:
;)

Official Wine Measure
2x nips make one glass
2x glasses make a half-bottle
2x 1/2 bottles make one bottle
2x bottles make one sick
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields
T1 Terry

Post by T1 Terry »

All wine and spirit bottles need their labels reviewed by the false advertising people. The label on the https://www.danmurphys.com.au/product/D ... lsrc=aw.ds
claims there are 16 standard drinks per bottle. Anyone who has tried it can confirm there is no way you can get 16 drinks out of the 700ml bottle, even 6 glasses is a squeeze, so we need truth in advertising thing on these labels as they are extremely misleading.

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

I suppose it depends on the size of the glass... ;)

Yes. I know there's a Standard Drink... :roll: JOKE!!
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--

W.C.Fields
supersparky

Post by supersparky »

T1 , a standard drink is 100ml of wine or whatever a pot or midi is, maybe 250 ml.
It isn't the same for rocket fuel. That might be just one shot.
Perhaps we should do a comparison test somewhere in early May and see if we can get a consensus.
We might have to wait til Monday to drive home though. :roll: :roll: :roll: :lol:
Cheers
David

David and Terrie with Bandit the travelling companion
2006 Winnebago Alpine
Recently retired and loving it.
T1 Terry

Post by T1 Terry »

We did do a follow up test last night. Even with ice to add to the volumes and only half filling the twin wall vacuum tumbler glasses, we still only got 6 drinks from the bottle ...... do you think I should go and complain to the bottle shop where I bought it last night? :lol:
T1 Terry

Post by T1 Terry »

supersparky wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:59 pm T1 , a standard drink is 100ml of wine or whatever a pot or midi is, maybe 250 ml.
Perhaps we should do a comparison test somewhere in early May and see if we can get a consensus.
We might have to wait til Monday to drive home though. :roll: :roll: :roll: :lol:
That might be a standard drink for you David, but I will admit I felt a tad shot last night and again this morning after conducting this test, the things I do in the name of research ..... I wonder if that would make it a business expense under the R & D banner? :roll:
supersparky

Post by supersparky »

T1 Terry wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 12:58 pm
supersparky wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:59 pm T1 , a standard drink is 100ml of wine or whatever a pot or midi is, maybe 250 ml.
That might be a standard drink for you David, but I will admit I felt a tad shot last night and again this morning after conducting this test, the things I do in the name of research ..... I wonder if that would make it a business expense under the R & D banner? :roll:
T1, I reckon that your standard and mine are probably the same. I can sometimes get 4 glasses out of a wine bottle and only one from a stubby. I should have referenced that I gained that information from the sign behind the bar at the local. :roll:
Cheers
David

David and Terrie with Bandit the travelling companion
2006 Winnebago Alpine
Recently retired and loving it.
T1 Terry

Post by T1 Terry »

supersparky wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 9:47 pm
T1 Terry wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 12:58 pm
T1, I reckon that your standard and mine are probably the same. I can sometimes get 4 glasses out of a wine bottle and only one from a stubby. I should have referenced that I gained that information from the sign behind the bar at the local. :roll:
Was that after looking through the bottom of a few empty pint glasses perhaps? ;)

Another thought for today regarding alcohol labelling, this one is about light beer. I had a 2 week stint at a Bowling Club getting some work experience both behind the bar and in the cellar. After loading 50 kegs into the cool room and stacking them 3 high I can confirm from personal hands on experience that all full beer kegs weigh the same. It may have said light on the cap but it weighed just as much as the heavy weight beers .......

So, after the same number of light beer pints as you would normally down of the heavier variety, do you still feel just as heavy as you make my way to the toilet to let out the part the body didn't want? :?
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

As an older mate told me when introducing me to beer:
(Being from the Hunter Valley, I'd only drunk wine until I was 19)
"You don't buy beer,
You only rent it."

(This sage advice was passed on to me as we both stood at a pub urinal. :roll: )
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--

W.C.Fields