Prostate Health

Drop in and dribble on about nothing serious. Seriously a mad place to hang out. Better to avoid it if you're not in the mood!!! If you're determined to be sad, bad, mad & angry then move along!!!
Dot

Re: Prostate Health

Post by Dot »

Chris, keep that positive attitude, every time you think of it do as I did. I would imagine that dunny add (Duck cleaner)where the germs were hanging onto the loo rim when it was being flushed, I would pretend they were my cancer bits and would tell them to "F off out of my body" seems it worked. Yes radiation is a bastard of a thing but without it I wouldn't be here so chuck everything you can at it. Never give in to this mongrel
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
Shirley

Post by Shirley »

Terry that has been used for sometime, once the position has been located by the laser, they tattoo the body to make sure that the radiation machine is positioned correctly each treatment, unfortunately it can still damage other tissue.
Shirley & Bruce.
RobertNotBob

Post by RobertNotBob »

Chris wish you the best as well for a safe speedy recovery, unfortunately in Australia it is getting worse, a interesting read.

https://au.sports.yahoo.com/prostate-ov ... 22367.html
Noggins

Post by Noggins »

I start my radiation therapy in a few weeks.
Just had a lobectomy and on the search for any other places the big "C" gets to they found a bit located in the prostate.
It's not the one that you die with , although that one is there as well, but the one that you die from.
I had a friend that died from Prostate "C", not an easy passing.
First thing is a hormone implant to stop any future growth, then a "filler" that goes between the colon and the prostate, at the same time they put in 3 locators so the radiation can be dead accurate.
I'm quite optimistic about the end result, mainly because there's about 25 million people I haven't "P-D" off yet :lol:

Ron
Much that passes as idealism is disguised hatred or disguised love of power.

Ignorance is Liberating
You're not restricted by facts or knowledge.
You're a Free Person and, as such, able to form your own conclusions.
Dot

Post by Dot »

I'm going to ask to have my prostate checked, Oh no I'm not I just remembered how they feel it and that is a no no. Might try for the womens woes exam Oh bugger, forgot I haven't even got one of those either. Hmmm have to fake it.
Enough frivolity about chestnuts, all the best to all you fellas having nut troubles.
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
Noggins

Post by Noggins »

Dot wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 7:15 pm I'm going to ask to have my prostate checked, Oh no I'm not I just remembered how they feel it and that is a no no. Might try for the womens woes exam Oh bugger, forgot I haven't even got one of those either. Hmmm have to fake it.
Enough frivolity about chestnuts, all the best to all you fellas having nut troubles.
Isn't the female equalivent of a prostate called the "G" spot
Annoy that one a few times and you get the same wet response as a bloke :D

Ron
Much that passes as idealism is disguised hatred or disguised love of power.

Ignorance is Liberating
You're not restricted by facts or knowledge.
You're a Free Person and, as such, able to form your own conclusions.
Dot

Post by Dot »

:lol: :oops: :lol: :oops: :? :?
What is that you speak of? :lol: :lol:
nut17

Post by nut17 »

Seven sessions completed and twenty eight to go. Biggest issue is the requirement for a full bladder and empty bowel for each treatment. Early morning treatment means middle of the night hydration and judicious use of laxatives. They will not provide the treatment if the bowel and bladder are not within certain guidelines. I am getting the timing and procedure pretty sorted. ;) :)

Cheers
Chris
2020 Winnebago ILUKA on IVECO Daily 50 C. 1200 w Solar - 400 AH LiFePO4
3000 w inverter. 195 lt compressor fridge NZMCA # 15589
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

After an attack of either a 24hr virus or food poisoning recently resulting in not being game to move too far from a toilet, that empty bowel stuff is a rather unpleasant experience ..... hope it all goes well for you Chris

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Dot

Post by Dot »

Chris, does the cancer clinic have a residential facility that you can stay during the week? The one here even has a bus that takes you to and from treatment. I am always surprised with men's attitudes when it comes to their dangler bits and the workings or not when radiation etc is mentioned. So what if you dribble and have to wear P pads and the old fella refuses to stand to attention at least you will be alive and after all there are other ways to compensate :roll: Think positive and look forward to a long care free life. May the force be with you so the saying goes.