Thinning out bogus members

General notices to members from Moderators & Administrators.
BruceS
Site Admin

Thinning out bogus members

Post by BruceS »

Message from Forum Administrator:

In a few days time I intend to 'revise' the members on this forum.
There are a few signups that were spelt incorrectly or even some forgot their passwords and simply signed up again.
There are probably even a few members who may have passed on.
Initially I will delete all accounts that their owners have not posted for two (2) years or more.
Later on I will remove all accounts that are over 3 months old but have never ever signed in at all.
All moderators have had input to this decision but if you wish to add your comments to the discussion ..... please do so....
Thankyou.
BruceS
Mannum, SA

Dot

Re: Thinning out bogus members

Post by Dot »

Sounds ok to me
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
bagmaker

Post by bagmaker »

slash and burn! :lol:
Keith Morris

Post by Keith Morris »

"tanks" here---
It would be interesting to see how many dead heads are removed if this information is readily available.
Keith.

I'm now 85 years of age and living in WA, single (gave up looking), white hair, no teeth, no address, no money, no worries.
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

Keith Morris wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 1:14 pm "tanks" here---
It would be interesting to see how many dead heads are removed if this information is readily available.
Keith.
Keith,
I keep a box of Redheads in Girt, in case the gas lighter fails...
Should I cull that with the dead heads? :lol:
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

The only worry is culling a lurker, one who has registered, reads the forum regularly but doesn't post for what ever reason. Some people are just not extraverted enough to pluck up the courage to make that first post. I'd hate to alienate those members, they gain a lot from reading these type of forums and one day they might even pluck up the courage to make that all important first post.
The first post is always the hardest, like trying to break into a campfire circle of what appears to be a group of friends that have known each other since birth. Once you do break into the circle you often find that this is the first time most of them have met each other.
Some on these forums have never had a face to face contact with many of the members they chat and joke quite openly and freely with, but you would never know it just reading through as an "outsider"
So, I think it needs to be viewed as to when they have last logged on, very hard if they do it as "Visitor" because they can't remember their user name or password.
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
BruceS
Site Admin

Post by BruceS »

Yes, good points Your Honor!!!
Maybe I'll do up a list of what I think might be suspicious email addresses and us mods can take a look and think about it. ???
Any 'lurkers' who have never signed up will still be able to read the sections that aren't 'hidden'.
There are several sections that aren't viewable by the 'general masses'.
BruceS
Mannum, SA

mills49

Post by mills49 »

I agree with T1 Terry, I am on here nearly every day just reading what everyone has to say, but have rarely posted, I would be most disappointed if I was culled out of the list.
BruceS
Site Admin

Post by BruceS »

Yes we have a lot just like you and there's no problem with that at all.
One day you will see fit (like today?) to comment or join in a discussion.
We have had a couple of members who have never posted much at all but when in a difficult situation such as a breakdown have found out help isn't that far away from them.
I'd like to encourage more to speak up if they feel like doing so.
BruceS
Mannum, SA

Keith Morris

Post by Keith Morris »

"tanks" here---
It is not that difficult to register again if you are 'scrubbed' through no activity over the past year or so.
Get rid of the space gobblers, and make room for those who use and contribute to the Forum.
I had Frogs Eggs and Cream for desert last night.
Keep smiling---be happy.
Keith

I'm now 85 years of age and living in WA, single (gave up looking), white hair, no teeth, no address, no money, no worries.