Phone app

Drop in and dribble on about nothing serious. Seriously a mad place to hang out. Better to avoid it if you're not in the mood!!! If you're determined to be sad, bad, mad & angry then move along!!!
Busman

Re: Phone app

Post by Busman »

Just watched one of the protesters from Victoria rally over the weekend being interviewed.
Seems they think the whole thing does not really exist, it is just a conspiracy to make us all get the vaccine.
And of course the vaccine is just to control us all, via the 5G network, never to control the virus.
Really ?
Maybe a democracy where you are allowed to think is not the best thing after all ? If this is the result.
Thank god I am making our own wine now, can't be infiltrated by the 5G network !
Vanishing Point, almost ready to vanish
Suzuki GV more than ready to go NOW !
Dot

Post by Dot »

Have no idea what you are all talking about re apps and tech stuff so I have decided to protect my ph, so from tomorrow I shall be covering my phone with a condom, fully protected :roll:
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
Toolman

Post by Toolman »

Photo please :) :)
Busman

Post by Busman »

Mental picture is more than enough !
Vanishing Point, almost ready to vanish
Suzuki GV more than ready to go NOW !
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

Busman wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 7:25 am Just saw the news, Australia rated No 1 in how virus has been handled and No 4 in the world in readiness for a second wave by John Hopkins.

So, can't be doing too badly ?

Ray, I respect your decision but need explanation of how your computer and phone are linked ? i.e. how does downloading this app open your computer to the government ?

Thanks
William
Phone 'Hot Spot'... and don't kid yourself that this app has a strong enough firewall to prevent hackers accessing other data on the phone.
Phone contains personal details. --> Personal details include phone banking app, email address, etc. --> Tracking down computer details is child's play from this amount of data.
Didn't the whole "protection" package that is going through the various parliamentary houses warn hackers that there would be heavy fines if they were caught hacking the data? Surely if the data is that well protected it would require a very clever hacker to break into the system? Doesn't stand to reason if this hacker was smart enough to hack the system then they would be smarter than those who set it up and therefore smarter than those who would be trying to track them down?

Let's see just how effective this app is at containing the second wave, there are more than 5.5 million who have downloaded it apparently, I wonder if it will work better here than it worked in the other places it was rolled out?

As I said a number of posts back, our political system has a poor track record for adopting ideas that didn't work else where and thinking they can make it work. Didn't some regarded as being clever say something about this sort of practice?

T1 Terry
Anyone remember that some years back the VISA database was hacked & millions of card records stolen?
I reckon VISA would have had some pretty tough protection, yet they were hacked. Local banks have also had problems, which they have severely downplayed.

Another point, T1:
There are heavy fines for other crimes, like drug trafficking. Doesn't stop people offending, by which time it's too late where hackers are involved.
Shutting the stable door...

Adding further to the Keystone Cops aura to this app, it doesn't work properly on iPhones. :lol:
App must be open & running in the foreground, with the phone 'awake' for it to work.
iPhones are programmed to go to sleep if they're not used for 10~15 seconds. So you have to keep tapping your phone screen every 15 seconds when in the company of others for it to work. :roll:
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

Busman wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 7:21 pm Just watched one of the protesters from Victoria rally over the weekend being interviewed.
Seems they think the whole thing does not really exist, it is just a conspiracy to make us all get the vaccine.
And of course the vaccine is just to control us all, via the 5G network, never to control the virus.
Really ?
Maybe a democracy where you are allowed to think is not the best thing after all ? If this is the result.
Thank god I am making our own wine now, can't be infiltrated by the 5G network !
There certainly a lot of crazies out there, climate denialists among them ;) Back when the Spanish flu was killing millions there were groups that believed the new thing radio towers were to blame ....... Do we have another group of crazies that believe the government is here to help you? and a hastily constructed app will have a strong enough firewall to keep hackers out?
As Ray said, once you hack the app it is a path in both directions, even if it only requires the Bluetooth connection between the two phones to hack and collect the data required, or simply add another program that will up load all the phone's data to a hackers site or even the cloud and query search go through all the data collected to find what is valuable for resale ...... Remember the card readers attached to the teller machines, it only needed someone sitting close by to record all the info off your card.
Colour me paranoid if you like, but to deny it could happen is naïve to say the least :twisted:

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
T1 Terry

Post by T1 Terry »

Brucie2 wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 9:51 am I'd love to see the look on the Chemists face when you ask for red ribbed extra large ones Dot?
...................or are they left over ones from yesteryear?
So there will be new size listings, the smaller the phone the more likely you are to be embarrassed taking the packet to the counter?

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
T1 Terry

Post by T1 Terry »

The lock downs across the world have certainly dropped the pollution levels while they were in full swing. I wouldn't mind betting those denialists try to claim it is all a hoax because the world temperature didn't drop when the pollution levels dropped during the shut down ....... Hard to ignore the mass bleaching effects on the Great Barrier Reef, if it isn't due to higher water temperatures, then what is causing the event?

T1 Terry
native pepper

Post by native pepper »

This app works on bluetooth, there are many apps around that will tell you when you come near a bluetooth connection and you can lock onto it. If I turn on my bluetooth anywhere, my ph tells me how many connections there are around me, as well as wifi connections and asks if I want to connect to one of them. It can also apprehend any data going between bluetooth connections as well as wifi connections, of course I don't have the tech nohow to do that, but its there and discovered this when sitting in my car and playing with the Ph when I installed Utouch. For someone with just a bit of programming knowledge, bluetooth is an open field unless you have security for it and this app breaks any form of security your ph has, so it can communicate with other phones.

This app when working, transfers data from one ph to the other and is easily hacked by anyone within 15m to collect that data and enter the ph via bluetooth when it's open. It has to be able to enter your PH, to get the details required for notification and that leaves you wide open to anyone around.

By the way, as I know this, there is no data on my Ph, not even my name and my contacts are stored on the data card, which is separated from the PH operating system as is the case in all linux systems and unhackable.

As the incidence of contamination has dropped to almost zero in most states, there is no need for this app at all. Yet they want you to keep it for the supposed second wave, but to have a second wave they need new carriers. Once there are no more contamination cases in Aus, as is the case with most states, that would mean the virus is no longer active in Aus and the only way it can get here, is if they open the borders.

Yet the claim is, our international borders may stay closed for the next year. Nothing they say makes sense and to begin with they said once there are no more cases, you can delete the app. So what use is it, other than for future use in some way not associated with the virus. Or they aren't going to keep our borders closed, but open them soon and then we are again faced with a pandemic which will come from, where.

Now for the conspiracy theory :D China, is a totalitarian state, it's aim is world domination and won't be satisfied with anything less as it now assumes it has all the economic and soon the military power to control the planet. :shock: Which is nothing new to any other similar situation throughout history, when some deranged ideological society determines it has the right and might to control everything. :evil: It's already started it's expansion by claiming the entire sth china sea and making other strategic moves to force it's domination. :twisted: It has banned some Aus exports and about to ban more, hoping we will submit to its dictates. It's buying up as much of Aus as possible, including water resources, infrastructure, diary industry, farms, airports and recently, Darwin docks. :o In Tas they have been pushing to be allowed to build huge retirement villages which will be exclusively for chinese, so far it has been resisted, but not for much longer as our government is no different any other, brain dead when it comes to a viable safe future. :?

The people in power in Aus, have never faced any form of opposition in their lives in any way, so they will submit to china, hopefully believing against the facts that they have no interest in containing and controlling Aus. The virus which did come from one of their labs, was a perfect opportunity to pave the way for them. So far it has worked and they couldn't care less about victims in their own country, past events like Tianamin square and the communist revolution proves that. Yet our government has allowed them to freely buy up the country strategically. Who knows where it will all end, but you can be sure it won't be a nice outcome for our kids and grand kids, which is where my main interest sits. I'm right, had an amazing life which continues, but my offspring still have many decades ahead to them and believe that's where we should be looking, not in a delusionary mirror in our heads. :)
Newcastle George

Post by Newcastle George »

So, what are you going to do about it apart from renewing your rant whenever you get bored?

George
George, Julie, Leonie & Sean - Kotara, Newcastle
DIY 11.5M 1979 Bedford, Nissan/UD FE6T motor