Newcastle George

Drop in and dribble on about nothing serious. Seriously a mad place to hang out. Better to avoid it if you're not in the mood!!! If you're determined to be sad, bad, mad & angry then move along!!!
Greynomad

Re: Newcastle George

Post by Greynomad »

Bummer!
At least I had a clean landing: flat on my back on gravel.
Good to have a progress report.
Anyone know how many ribs he’s broken?
From personal experience I know he’ll be in pain for quite some time.
Please pass on to him best wishes for the surgery and his recovery from me & Joy.
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields
Shirley

Post by Shirley »

Thinking of you George, we were thinking that you probably hit the fence on your way down not much room either side of the bus where you keep same. Maybe you fainted/passed out, that happened the day I fell, went to hose the crap left in the guttering from the leaves out, remember turning the water on & it hitting me, don't remember the fall, next memory the paramedic saying stay with me Shirley enroute to JH.
Hope the swelling is subsiding, pain easing & your stay in hospital isn't to long.
Shirley & Bruce.
supersparky

Post by supersparky »

When George called me he said that he had broken a couple on both sides, some at the front and others at the back. He also said that they won't plate them but let them repair normally. He also said that he went over the side head first from a standing position, then remembers nothing until he realised that he had fallen, and had badly hurt himself. He will probably contact one of us after he has the surgery on the cheekbone and eye socket.
Get well soon George.
Cheers
David

David and Terrie with Bandit the travelling companion
2006 Winnebago Alpine
Recently retired and loving it.
Shirley

Post by Shirley »

David that sounds a terrible fall 😢 Hope you ar feeling a little better George.
Shirley & Bruce.
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

Had a call from Newcastle George this morning.
He wanted to boast that, while I had broken more ribs than he did, he managed to break them on both sides, and smash his cheekbone... neither of which I managed to achieve.
I'll concede that to you, George. :D

Seriously, he's still in a lot of pain, so he has been fitted with a PCA (Patient-Controlled Analgesia)... the "Push this button for some happy juice" thing.
Drs are waiting until they can stabilise his pain management before doing any panelbeating on his face.
However, despite the pain, he is able to get out of bed for a short walk daily, and he doesn't have any fluid build-up in his lungs.
Onya, George! That's more than I could achieve...

George explained that his laptop requires a powerpoint to function, and the ones around his bed are powering more important equipment... like stuff to keep him alive. He doesn't use his phone for internet connection, because he has Helen's Problem: small buttons, big fingers.
So he'll occasionally phone one of us to keep us informed of his progress. Today was my turn.

Keep smiling George... er no, perhaps that might hurt a bit. Ignore that. Probably the same for keeping chin(s?) up.

All the best for a speedy recovery from all of us... especially those of us who know what you're going through. ;)
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields
BernieQ2

Post by BernieQ2 »

Thanks for the update Ray .
Bernie .
supersparky

Post by supersparky »

BernieQ wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 10:08 am Thanks for the update Ray .
Bernie .
Ditto.
Cheers
David

David and Terrie with Bandit the travelling companion
2006 Winnebago Alpine
Recently retired and loving it.
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

Crikey George, you'll need to add scaffolding around the bus roof before you try that stunt again. It doesn't sound like using the fence and brick wall to break your fall actually helped much but I guess it spread the impact rather just the single face plant on the concrete.
Wishing for a speedy recovery George, having had both the broken ribs and busted face in my younger days, they hurt lots, I was just fortunate not to do both injury in the one accident. I doubt I'd heal as fast these days so I have no plans to try that stunt myself, so I might have to design a harness for myself when I'm on the bus and caravan roofs. At least the houseboats have water around them so the injuries should be limited to pride if I go A over T of one of those.
I'm guessing you didn't find the leak either so you can't even put that on the plus side of the whole experience, you'll have to send the young fella up next time, they seem to bounce better.

T1 Terry & Margaret
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Chuck

Big fingers - try these.

Post by Chuck »

Big fingers... try one of these pen like thingies.

https://www.targus.com/au/stylus

Just press the appropriate key you want, with the rubber end... voila! ;)
Chuck & Catriana
aka Geriatric Gypsies.

2018 VW Tiguan.
White.
Newcastle George

Post by Newcastle George »

Latest news: I am being discharged in the next couple of days despite requiring 16 endone/day to control the pain. I will be readmitted in a week or two to have the face fracture operated on.

George
George, Julie, Leonie & Sean - Kotara, Newcastle
DIY 11.5M 1979 Bedford, Nissan/UD FE6T motor