A new addition to the family

Some of our best mates are pets of all descriptions.
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

A new addition to the family

Post by T1 Terry »

On Saturday Margaret and I travelled to Elizabeth and adopted this young fellow https://www.pawsandclawsadoptions.com.a ... d/sauce-3/ His introduction went along the lines of any expedition we set out on, first, a flat tyre right out front of the lady's house, no spare naturally, so a wop wop wop drive a km to the closest tyre place, then out of the car again in the pet carrier so he wasn't terrified by all the noises inside the tyre fitting workshop ..... naturally it rained as soon as we stepped outside and the freezing wind started blowing :roll: Two new tyres later fitted by the friendliest tyre fitter I think I've ever met and at a great price, off to buy litter, food, litter tray etc, got lost as usual trying to find the fuel station we'd just passed and finally off home.
The settling in was expected to take a day or two, took maybe 1/2hr and out checking every corner of the house in the usual older kitten style, sneak in, jump in the air as soon as something moved abd then venture on to the next spot. Very interested in checking every window to either look outside or looking for an escape. Bed time and the fun started, every few minutes a jump on the bed, a walk across the tops of the pillows, climb up on the window above the bed and then fall off on the pillows and heads etc. By about midnight Margaret had had enough, a rather quick trip out the bedroom door and shut out of the bedroom for the night.
A much different pussy cat to day I've gotta say :lol: sent most of the day sleeping so he can keep us awake all night again no doubt.

If he had had white around his eyes I was going to name him Trump, now its a toss up between Blu, Major Tom (David Bowie had red hair) Meggs (Ginger Meggs) and a few others that have passed through the selection list.
Anyone got any suggestions for a very orange cat? Sauce doesn't quite match the cat, strange name really

T1 Terry & Margaret
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
El Gringo

Re: A new addition to the family

Post by El Gringo »

My dad had a 30' sailing catamaran he called Garfield...
Obvious really ;)

Cheers,
Bernie B
I plan to stop procrastinating tomorrow.
Dot

Post by Dot »

Well done and welcome to the little man. Indoor 24/7 I hope.. Brian said hi there x
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

The spiel that went with te adoption included his lack of social graces when it comes to other cats, so he will be the boss of the place. Margaret wants a Crunchie size dog for my birthday so the cat can keep it in its place much like Jake and Crunchie co existed :lol: Kinda like kids close to the same age, a love/hate relationship but always their for each other in times of need, like a pit bull trying to corner Jake on the lounge chair at the front of Day Street Lake Illawarra, this ball of snapping teeth and noise came roaring out the door, the pit bull couldn't stand its ground with Crunchie a few steps higher up and decided the whole thing just wasn't worth the trouble :lol:

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Noggins

Post by Noggins »

Lovely looking cat.
Of course it will take a little time for him to train his new humans so he can get the service and obedience to all demands that cats expect. :D
Soon your favourite chair will be their spot when the TV ( or rest ) is wanted, your bed , the best sleeping spot in the house ............ do I need to go on ?
Our cat comes with 2 servants :)
If it can't get the service it goes to the next human and squarks about lack of service.
true dinks

Ron
Much that passes as idealism is disguised hatred or disguised love of power.

Ignorance is Liberating
You're not restricted by facts or knowledge.
You're a Free Person and, as such, able to form your own conclusions.
Shirley

Post by Shirley »

Felix ?
A ginger Felix. :D
Shirley & Bruce.
jon_d

Post by jon_d »

Peel?

Vytsea?

Citrus?
Chuck

Post by Chuck »

How 'bout... Bluey?
Chuck & Catriana
aka Geriatric Gypsies.

2018 VW Tiguan.
White.
2foot6

Post by 2foot6 »

Ranga pussy ?????
Grandad

Post by Grandad »

Well done Terry & Margaret. In my not so humble opinion, he's the perfect age for adopting. Past that bloody kitten stage but with plenty of life in him.

No suggestions for names though. I've been told I suck at naming pets.

Jim
There Comes a time in life, when you must walk away from all drama and the people who create it