It was on the cards to happen, just didn't expect it 6 mths after

Anything you like to talk about..Dot is the boss...
jon_d

Re: It was on the cards to happen, just didn't expect it 6 mths after

Post by jon_d »

geez Terry.

I hope everything sorts itself out; and that the eyes improve.

take care. JD.
Shirley

Post by Shirley »

Gosh that's not good Terry, hope with treatment that you can slow the degeneration of your eyes.
I believe natural therapy can work wonders & diet is definitely an important factor in health.
Think the apprentice idea, you would need to hold trade qualifications yourself in the said field to be able to offer an apprenticeship.
Reckon just retire & enjoy life with Margaret, I'm sure that you will still find plenty to occupy yourself.
Shirley & Bruce.
2foot6

Post by 2foot6 »

Not good news Terry,hope a medical resolve is possible,our thoughts are with you and Margaret............................Peter and Rita
native pepper

Post by native pepper »

Good to hear you're working on it Terry, let's hope you get some positive results from your approach.
Chuck

Post by Chuck »

Bloody Hell Terry.

It's all been said here so will just add our best wishes.

Chuck & Catriana.
Chuck & Catriana
aka Geriatric Gypsies.

2018 VW Tiguan.
White.
Keith Morris

Post by Keith Morris »

"tanks" here---T-1.
I'm thinking of you and your optical/medical concerns. (not that I can help)
Another of our members had to have injections every six weeks and is now ok, and he drives his big vehicle all over the place.
Do you need a medical to renew your heavy vehicle license in S.A.
Keith.

I'm now 85 years of age and living in WA, single (gave up looking), white hair, no teeth, no address, no money, no worries.
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

Shirley wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 8:27 pm Gosh that's not good Terry, hope with treatment that you can slow the degeneration of your eyes.
I believe natural therapy can work wonders & diet is definitely an important factor in health.
Think the apprentice idea, you would need to hold trade qualifications yourself in the said field to be able to offer an apprenticeship.
Reckon just retire & enjoy life with Margaret, I'm sure that you will still find plenty to occupy yourself.
Still thinking about it Shirley, but there is no easy path besides employing a T/A (trade assistant or technical adviser depending on who is doing the assement :lol:)
The tricky part of employing an apprentice, there is no such qualification. Even the Green Energy Council doesn't have a qualification requirement for off grid systems which is what we install, the only one they require is a "Working at heights" certification for solar installation on house roofs, there is nothing for RV installations because they are not connected to the grid or covered by any building or electrical codes. Even the battery requirement section drops out if the system does not feed back into the grid. My qualifications as an Automotive Mechanical Engineer does automatically give me an Automotive Electrical Engineers qualification, that covers any extra low voltage work I do, but we are not an auto sparkie workshop so that is a rather precarious position when it comes to training an apprentice under the Automotive Electrical Engineer (auto sparkie) banner.

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
T1 Terry

Post by T1 Terry »

Keith Morris wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 12:25 pm "tanks" here---T-1.
I'm thinking of you and your optical/medical concerns. (not that I can help)
Another of our members had to have injections every six weeks and is now ok, and he drives his big vehicle all over the place.
Do you need a medical to renew your heavy vehicle license in S.A.
Keith.
I'm guessing, as long as the govt depts. don't share their information, I'd just need to pass the eye chart thing and as long as that was a week or so after the needles in the eyes, I could pass that one. It is the disability pension part that causes the problems, if I qualified for a pension then would I be a risk behind the wheel of a fully loaded semi doing the whole commercial driver thing? There isn't a category just to drive a converted bus or a motorhome that required the heavy vehicle licence, if you qualify for the licence then you must meet the requirements for the full potential that licence could allow you to do .....
More things to investigate very carefully so I don't put myself in as a potential candidate for a licence disqualification on medical grounds. Technically, I can still drive a semi commercially intrastate, I just wouldn't because I'm not interested in doing that any more.

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
T1 Terry

Post by T1 Terry »

I guess on the glass half full view, I can read the forums easier now 5 days after the needles, so all is not lost :lol: Having to enlarge the text to the point of needing to scroll across the page for each line wasn't ideal, at least I can read it now in full screen size ;) 8-)

T1 Terry
Shirley

Post by Shirley »

Didn't realise that you had Engineering qualifications Terry, thought you served your time as a diesel mechanic, from your post guess installing solar to RV vehicles wouldn't be considered a trade on its own but many of the trades of yesteryear have been cut drastically into seperate trades.
Would be sad to see your knowledge of solar installations & lithium batteries not being handed on & put to good use.
Shirley & Bruce.