Which one Diesel heater

One question at a time please & once the person asking the question is happy with the answer they'll say "next question please" & anyone can chime in with the next question. (fun, fun, fun!)
Shirley

Re: Which one Diesel heater

Post by Shirley »

Spare parts are available for the diesel heaters from Pinnacle Wholesalers in Victoria.

We had our Planar Chinese diesel heater for 5 years, performed great & kept the Coaster cosy.👍
Shirley & Bruce.
Grandad

Post by Grandad »

I asked the question of my neighbour via SMS and as it turned out he had been interested in knowing as well so he timed and measured the consumption over a set period.

Results were:
1.5 Litres for 4PM to 11PM on Saturday and then 7AM to 10AM on Sunday. Total10 hours.

He commented that was more fuel used than he had expected and that the pump had been going for most of the time it was turned on.

Seemed like a reasonable consumption to me.......who knows zero about such things of c ourse.

Jim
There Comes a time in life, when you must walk away from all drama and the people who create it
RobertNotBob

Post by RobertNotBob »

No sure but I believe you can set the pump for the amount of fuel which the pump delivers. Was in that series of videos the Australian bloke done.

Some one posted the link earlier
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

We used our unit every morning and night and a few times all day, slow pump frequency so it didn't cook us, all the time we ere away and didn't empty the tank. At what seemed to be the worst price we saw for diesel at $1.51ltr that was $13.60 for diesel and $3.00 something for the litre of kero. To be warm when stepping out of the shower, warm when we get up and warm all day is stuck inside because the weather was so cold outside, that seemed cheap enough to feel like we had a win 8-)
If these units had been this cheap back in the days we travelled in the Kombi, that would have been a great investment and probably prolonged the Kombi's status as the chosen shorter trip vehicle.

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

We discovered diesel heating while freezing our t**s off parked by a river in mid-winter.
Neighbour invited us in for a coffee... caravan was toasty warm.
Naturally, we asked.
Guess what we had fitted three days after arriving home?
Wouldn't be without it... and if/when we update from Girt a diesel heater will be on the essentials/dealbreaker list.
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields
Grandad

Post by Grandad »

Brucie2 wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 1:02 pmWhat size heater was it Jim?
It was the one linked at the start of this thread.
The numbers were so vastly different to those offered by wayneP in a previous post that I fully intend to have a conversation with the neighbour regarding accuracy of his measurements. However, generally he's quite pedantic about that type of thing. Definitely a measure twice type of guy.
He did add something after I posted here that I didn't quite understand. Something about switching from Temp to Hertz improved consumption. Went over my head.
Someone here mentioned people using one of these heaters to heat a room in a house. I'm patiently waiting for more info on that one.

Jim
There Comes a time in life, when you must walk away from all drama and the people who create it
BernieQ2

Post by BernieQ2 »

Jim , friends of ours that Lived outside of Ballarat Peter and Steph (since moved) had a diesel heater in their house .
It warmed the room quite well .
It was mounted in a box with all the necessary piping to the outside with two inlets .
Must admit I didn't look at it as much as if I wanted to do the same .
Bernie .
Eddit: Carol seems to think they had 2 diesel heaters in the box .
jon_d

Post by jon_d »

You can buy stand-alone diesel heaters. Everything is contained in a steel box. Just run the ducts inside and put a rain shield over it.

Something like this.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000210804385.html?

Many more about.
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

Grandad wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:30 am
Brucie2 wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 1:02 pmWhat size heater was it Jim?
It was the one linked at the start of this thread.
The numbers were so vastly different to those offered by wayneP in a previous post that I fully intend to have a conversation with the neighbour regarding accuracy of his measurements. However, generally he's quite pedantic about that type of thing. Definitely a measure twice type of guy.
He did add something after I posted here that I didn't quite understand. Something about switching from Temp to Hertz improved consumption. Went over my head.
Someone here mentioned people using one of these heaters to heat a room in a house. I'm patiently waiting for more info on that one.

Jim
Temp has the heater running hard to get up to temp, then off, then the cycle repeats. On Hertz, it is the rate the pump runs at, the lower the number to slower the pump rate and the cooler it runs at until it reaches the temp before slowing down even further to maintain the temp. If a door is opened and the heat escapes, it does take a while longer to get back up to temp, but with a bit of adjusting to get pump rate and time to reach an acceptable temp ratio into an acceptable range, it does seem like a better way to adjust the operation ... it also stops the "burn the skin off" effect as you pass infront of the outlet :lol:

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Dot

Post by Dot »

Peter and Sandra wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 7:47 pm To stop the fuel pumps ticking I used a large cable tie which is about 14mm wide and 2 mm thick, put a tek screw through it into the surface of whatever you are mounting the pump on and then pull it down to about a 75mm circle. Use two smaller cable ties to attach the pump to it on the outer side away from the floor or whatever you are mounting it to. The pump is then suspended in mid air and will be totally silent.
Terry, it was Peter & Sandra's thread I was trying to explain about the tek screw.

I bought the heater that Grandad said and it arrived today . So we'll see.
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.