Alibaba info

Drop in and dribble on about nothing serious. Seriously a mad place to hang out. Better to avoid it if you're not in the mood!!! If you're determined to be sad, bad, mad & angry then move along!!!
Dot

Alibaba info

Post by Dot »

Has anyone here used this mob?
Alibaba.com
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
Coolabah1au

Re: Alibaba info

Post by Coolabah1au »

Yes once or twice there is a second company think it’s parent co called Alex express but will check on spelling [emoji848]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Coolabah1au

Post by Coolabah1au »

Aliexpress [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Busman

Post by Busman »

Been using for years, Alibaba is a bit more for forming longer term relationships with suppliers, Aliexpress is more like a retail version if that makes any sense.
Just bought four big greenhouse fans for frost fans in the vineyard. Same fan here they want to sell you for $1400 AUD. I landed 4 in Brisbane (inc freight) for $900 USD, go figure.
Vanishing Point, almost ready to vanish
Suzuki GV more than ready to go NOW !
Dot

Post by Dot »

Busman wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 4:25 pm Been using for years, Alibaba is a bit more for forming longer term relationships with suppliers, Aliexpress is more like a retail version if that makes any sense.
Just bought four big greenhouse fans for frost fans in the vineyard. Same fan here they want to sell you for $1400 AUD. I landed 4 in Brisbane (inc freight) for $900 USD, go figure.
Thanks for that info , interesting
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
Noggins

Post by Noggins »

Been using them for years
The village we live in wanted to have a speed advisory sign like the councils put up sometimes.
The cost of one here in Aus was over $2ooo. Then make a way of transporting it to different sites @ $500 ?
I bought one from Ali and made a trolley for transporting it around the village complete with solar and 60Ah battery, total cost, inc trolley, etc, $1500.

I've always found them to be good traders and mainly they hold the $$$$ until you say your happy with the received product ( that sometimes was less than half price and Available, rather than buying here and then waiting for their delivery from China )

Ron
Much that passes as idealism is disguised hatred or disguised love of power.

Ignorance is Liberating
You're not restricted by facts or knowledge.
You're a Free Person and, as such, able to form your own conclusions.
Dot

Post by Dot »

Noggins wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 7:00 pm Been using them for years
The village we live in wanted to have a speed advisory sign like the councils put up sometimes.
The cost of one here in Aus was over $2ooo. Then make a way of transporting it to different sites @ $500 ?
I bought one from Ali and made a trolley for transporting it around the village complete with solar and 60Ah battery, total cost, inc trolley, etc, $1500.

I've always found them to be good traders and mainly they hold the $$$$ until you say your happy with the received product ( that sometimes was less than half price and Available, rather than buying here and then waiting for their delivery from China )

Ron
Ron which one are you ref to ? Alibaba or Aliexpress?
Grandad

Post by Grandad »

Brucie2 wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 8:20 am They operate as escrow service.
I never knew that. Sounds like an excellent business model for the consumer.
Thank you.

Jim
There Comes a time in life, when you must walk away from all drama and the people who create it
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

Aliexpress is for buying a single or relatively small number of items, Alibaba is for bulk purchases and long term repeat custom where the factory seller outlet negotiates a supply quantity and price per item ex factory door.
The sellers at Aliexpress understand a bit more English than the Alibaba sellers, they can be a bit more ambiguous in just what they are saying using a poor grasp of English as an excuse, so be aware but don't that let you be put off from dealing with them. Do keep in mind, these are Chinese resellers in general and the tension between our two countries is a tad tense and air flights between the two countries are few and far between, so freight can be the genuine "slow boat from China" scenario. Evilbay is no better as far as the slow delivery times from China either, same problem, very few air flights into Australia from China. We are often left waiting 3 mths or more since the pandemic struck, it has even taken 20 days plus for returned items to make it from here to Taiwan, forget about trying to return stuff to China unless you have a direct path already organised through business contacts, it just vanishes without a trace lately

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Dot

Post by Dot »

Thanks everyone for the explanation between the two, I am still waiting for a small parcel from evilbay (melbourne) to arrive, been over a week now. Oh well got plenty of time.