The new 'Nonny'?

Please feel free to describe your motorhome, campervan or caravan. (make, model, length etc)
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Re: The new 'Nonny'?

Post by T1 Terry »

pet-els wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 2:39 pm Even thou your dream was shattered, I think you came out of it on the right side.
We all can be decieved easily, lucky you were not going to keep Qld rego.

Cheers and best wishes for the season to you and Mrs Tea.

PeterH
The crazy thing is, if you have a residential address in Qld there is every chance it could have been transferred with the paperwork the owner gave you. If you had then moved to a South Australian address, if the vehicle was registered in your name, the process is, pay me money and we'll return the plates and get the refund from the Qld rego sent to you ......

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Cuppa

Post by Cuppa »

Past experience of buying a vehicle in Qld & taking it to Vic (a Troopy) was that I was unable to claim the rego back when it was cancelled in Qld, onlt the person who took out the rego (ie the previous owner) could do that. They promised to send the money but I never heard from them again & they wouldn't answer my calls or emails.

On this occasion we do have a Qld garaging address & so were intending to simply transfer the QLD rego, advantageous as the transfer fees are approx half of those if transferring to Vic, & because it is already in our name when we eventually want to transfer it to vic there are no transfer fees involved.

Today I was talking to someone & gained info suggesting that the Chinese Cummins is one that was set up as a stationary motor & that's why it was governed to around 1800rpm. Same motor as used in vehicles, but with a different fuel pump & yes quite possibly not meeting emission requirements for a vehicle. The 'good' Cummins motors I've driven recently revved easily to 2600rpm +

The OKA community is now aware of the situation & I suspect the only way the chap will now only be able to sell the vehicle will be if he jumps through all the hoops to get it properly certified, most likely a pretty expensive exercise for him.

Anecdotally there has also been mention of a forum post he made in the past saying how he had been able to get all the certifications done on the basis of emailed photos & documents for just $300 a few years ago, but I haven't been able to find that.
supersparky

Post by supersparky »

Cuppa, you may well feel gutted. But I think that you are the luckiest bloke in Qld at the moment. Bad luck, but good if you think about it. There will be another vehicle that suits your requirements pop up some day soon.
Cheers
David

David and Terrie with Bandit the travelling companion
2006 Winnebago Alpine
Recently retired and loving it.
Shirley

Post by Shirley »

Cuppa, Trakmaster build great off road caravans maybe take a look at used Trakmaster vans for sale & keep the Patrol, to use to explore when you're set up.
Shirley & Bruce.
Cuppa

Post by Cuppa »

Thanks for the kind comments.

Shirley, we have always maintained that we don't want to tow anything bigger than the Tvan.
Bruce - Looks like a lot of truck for the money but way too big for us.
BernieQ2

Post by BernieQ2 »

That's a big bugga Ian .
Bernie.
dapope

Post by dapope »

Sorry to read your sad tale. Was looking forward to future travel stories.
The right vehicle will pop for you eventually.
Wobblybox on wheels
Pace Arrow. La de da, property in two continents..
Cuppa

Post by Cuppa »

BernieQ2 wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 6:15 am That's a big bugga Ian .
Bernie.
Strewth Bernie! Did you read my long post? ;)
Cuppa

Post by Cuppa »

dapope wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 11:20 am Sorry to read your sad tale. Was looking forward to future travel stories.
The right vehicle will pop for you eventually.
Hope so. At least now I am certain that the Allison/Cummins combo is as good as I was led to believe. Drove two, one with T bar & one with push button controller. Excellent!
BernieQ2

Post by BernieQ2 »

I felt sorry for you mate :mrgreen:
But I'll promise not to do it again. :lol:
Bernie.