What does the membership think?

General notices to members from Moderators & Administrators.

Lock threads that might get heated

Poll ended at Wed Feb 10, 2021 11:16 am

Yes, I don't want any controversy on this forum
6%
No, Some things need to be talked through
18%
Couldn't care less, I just stop reading a thread if I don't like the direction it is heading
67%
Who was supposed to bring the popcorn?
9%

Total votes: 33

dapope

Re: What does the membership think?

Post by dapope »

I think telling someone to. "move on" is not a useful response. Those being told to move on are clearly not ready, and the issue needs further discussion.
NP, I always find your posts thought provoking, even if I dont always agree with all of it. Stay around ;)
Wobblybox on wheels
Pace Arrow. La de da, property in two continents..
BruceS
Site Admin

Post by BruceS »

Please explain who told who to 'move on'? Sorry I don't understand your reply.
I decided I'd 'move on' myself!
BruceS
Mannum, SA

native pepper

Post by native pepper »

Bruce, I understand the rules and have not breached them, this thread is about what members think, not politics, religion, or the environment, just what I think of the question asked and why. It's not an attack on the administration, just how I see it my case. I am more than happy to apologise when I make a mistake, it's a sign of maturity and understanding I'm told. Although sometimes think I'm not that mature nor want to be, life is to exciting and challenging to be to mature. I'm here for quality of life, not quantity, if that makes sense

Why people have to go on the attack because they don't like what is posted, is not for me to judge, but you will note I have not attacked you for the derogatory posts you've made towards me, just pointed out what they are. Your understanding of life and difference is your business and problem, not mine.

I have no problem discussing any subject I understand, I keep out of things that don't fit into my understanding or interest and if things aren't pointed out in a respectful way and I try to do that, then nothing will change and a little bit of controversy can make for interesting discussion. The problems come about when some can't handle their emotions when it grinds at their way of looking at things, it's not the subject or the threads fault, just those who get upset at being challenged, nicely.

Thanks Dapope, it would be a sad world if everyone agreed with each other and very boring, you can only learn from others and that's important in my opinion. I try to approach the world by what I've learnt from others, whether that's positive or negative is irrelevant, it's learning and that's the important part.
BruceS
Site Admin

Post by BruceS »

PM sent NP asking for further info.
BruceS
Mannum, SA

Cuppa

Post by Cuppa »

BruceS wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 10:28 am Maybe you could reread the existing rules NP? Specifically 6.
viewtopic.php?f=29&t=2
In relation to the 'blowup' that brought all this to a head ..... who attacked the issue being discussed and who attacked the person?
As far as accusing Admin being biased.
I am not an Admin other than assisting the Forum owners to navigate the behind the scenes stuff. (server problems, updating software, helping trace hacking attempts & blocking them etc.
This was the reason I never reprimanded Cuppa or others and never deleted any posts or locked the discussion.
For the Forum owners sake I decided to just back out, delete myself & move on with life. Unfortunately I never realized deleting myself also deleted ALL of my posts. This I am very sorry for.
Every post I made under Brucie2 has been deleted. Bugger!!
To accuse Admin or mods of being biased is a real slap in the face to both Terry, Noggins, Dot and Norman.
Almost demands an apology in itself?
On the Caravanners forum to question a mod's decision got me a lifetime ban. As others have also!
Be careful what you wish for. Moderating is not easy. Are you offering ?

I am astonished that some members of the admin/moderator staff could consider it appropriate & ethical to be posting in this thread as they have this weekend.

However as Bruce continues to infer/assert that it was I who was the wrongdoer & that it was I who should have been reprimanded, whilst completely avoiding mention of his gross wrong, & then simply apologising for something he would have us believe that as the forum's IT man he was completely unaware of, I'll say a tad more.

Bruce,
Being told you were wrong was not a personal attack - Your insensitive & distasteful attempts to show that aboriginals were nothing more than animals were untrue.
Being told you were not superior was not a personal attack - Your writing "the whites thought they could make them into real humans - ha ha" displayed a callous superiority.

I 'spoke' strongly in response to your extreme & highly inflammatory' post, but made no personal attack on you, even after you made a further response aimed at me personally, ignoring everything I had written about the content of your post (Your university debating team post - remember?). That was a minor personal attack I chose to ignore.

You appear to have 'moved on' without moving on, :lol: here you are again continuing in much the same vein. How does that work?
Last edited by Cuppa on Sun Feb 07, 2021 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
native pepper

Post by native pepper »

BruceS wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 1:08 pm PM sent NP asking for further info.
I'm sure most would have read your posts regarding indigenous people that you've removed and have nothing more to say in that regard, as it's in the past and I like to look to the future.
Noggins

Post by Noggins »

So Bruce is under attack again ?
2 members have decided another member is totally wrong and have started asserting their superiority on the public line.
If they were so offended by Bruce's post a PM directly to him would work wonders, but they have chosen to air it all in public again.

Please explain how and why this is so ..............? :(

I'm so over this subject, and if some want to keep up their asserted "rights of reply" FFS do it by PM

Ron
Much that passes as idealism is disguised hatred or disguised love of power.

Ignorance is Liberating
You're not restricted by facts or knowledge.
You're a Free Person and, as such, able to form your own conclusions.
dapope

Post by dapope »

BruceS wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 10:52 am Please explain who told who to 'move on'? Sorry I don't understand your reply.
I decided I'd 'move on' myself!
The move on remark was more about those who believe the "blackfella" should move on from the injustices heaped on him by tge european settlers. Not aimed at any on the forum particularly, unless of course, you want to wear that particular cap. If so, its on you.
Cuppa, I think T1s original post was entirly appropriate but I am not commenting on the rest. Its clear to me that no matter the evidence there are some very fixed views, and I will change my vote accordingly.
Wobblybox on wheels
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

T1,
It occurs to me that the first word of the title of this post may be superfluous.
;) :D
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields
dapope

Post by dapope »

Greynomad wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 2:01 pm T1,
It occurs to me that the first word of the title of this post may be superfluous.
;) :D
See now that is what I would call inflammatory.
Wobblybox on wheels