Cost of food essentials

Anything you like to talk about..Dot is the boss...
native pepper

Re: Cost of food essentials

Post by native pepper »

Shirley, macadamia nuts are deadly to dogs and grapes are not good as well, most other nuts aren't to bad but they can have adverse effects on dogs if given to much. Peanuts which are legumes ok for dogs, they help with circulation and some say they can stop your dog from heart attacks.

My dogs love peanut butter on home made bread toast, would never give them bought bread, as it's overflowing with chemicals and additives.

Luckily grow all my own tomatoes all year round. Over summer the big ones grow outside nd in winter, cherry tomatoes grow inside and having them on toast with avocado and tahini is divine.
Shirley

Post by Shirley »

Thanks native pepper so the nuts would of caused the kidney failure I reckon, he ate heaps of them, people use to be amazed at how he removed the outer skin & then cracked the nut with his teeth.
Tomatoes at Coles today $9kg, think we need an enclosure to grow a few more veggies, our problem is possums helping themselves. Avocados $1.50each or 4 for $5' Haas.
Shirley & Bruce.
BernieQ2

Post by BernieQ2 »

Years back I sometimes planted peanuts for myself 😁 the little dog that Carol owned loved peanuts 😫.and she would dig them up when ripe.
But it wasn't All bad...I new when to harvest 🤗
Bernie.
Shirley

Post by Shirley »

:lol: :lol: one wonders how the dog knew when to dig, Bernie.
My dad use to grow peanuts.
Shirley & Bruce.