Girt is SOLD!!

Any items that you wish to sell or otherwise rid yourself of can be placed in here.
Greynomad

Re: Girt is for sale

Post by Greynomad »

T1,
Girt’s new owners didn’t want the trailer.
He plans to buy/build a fully enclosed trailer.
So our Tilta is still available!😀
All you have to do is:
a. Tell Margaret you have to pick up some “car parts” 😜
b. Drive to Rutherglen
c. Hand over a wad of cash.

SIMPLES!
😁😁😁

In answer to the many questions:
1. We advertised Girt on the C&@A website which shares its ads with TradeRVs website. He saw it on the latter.
2. No problems found, and after the ‘Readers Digest’ version of the tour, we sat down over a cuppa and bandied numbers across the table for about 30 seconds before coming to an agreement. This was followed by a round of clinking glasses containing a pale green liquid with bubbles. 😜
3. As he’s a truck driver and a dyed-in-the-wool Chevvy fan, he’s confident and keen about driving her.
4. We’re 90% sure that for our next vehicle we’ll be turning to the Dark Side — buying a semi-off-road caravan and a 4WD ute. (Trading in one car) We’ll take our time over the choices, possibly up to a year. Makes more sense financially, as we’ve been paying full whack for one of our three vehicles’ rego. Reducing to two vehicles on pensioner discount and a trailer-rego of only $65 for a caravan is significantly lower. Insurance on Girt was not cheap either.
Meantime we are saving to book a trip on the Indian-Pacific, which will be our annual break.
😀😀😀
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields
2foot6

Post by 2foot6 »

please excuse my ignorance but what is C&@A website as we are selling our motorhome
I aspire to inspire before I expire.
Dot

Post by Dot »

2foot6 wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 7:14 pm please excuse my ignorance but what is C&@A website as we are selling our motorhome
.....The missing letters are M & C
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
2foot6

Post by 2foot6 »

Thanks Ray , I should have picked that up...just not thinking today
jon_d

Post by jon_d »

Yep, with eye like those, I think you've been using some of George's cream.
2foot6

Post by 2foot6 »

jon_d wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 8:34 pm
Yep, with eye like those, I think you've been using some of George's cream.
I can't read the instructions on the box, where am I supposed to apply the cream?, maybe I inserted it in the wrong place :oops:
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

The club referred to has, I believe, a bot which trawls the interweb looking for that combination of letters — along with a collection of key words.
That’s why we refer to them obliquely, as I did using “C&@A”.
😜
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--

W.C.Fields
2foot6

Post by 2foot6 »

Thanks Ray for the info, I used to be a member then they closed the forum. I left for a number of years , only to rejoin for insurance once. I think this and another forum are a better solution as some members say what they feel without been banned , barred or dissected.
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

We survived the kerfuffle which saw their forum suspended, but I never rejoined it when management reopened it. Found this one (actually its forerunner) and stayed.
We remain club members not for insurance (long & nasty story) but for the club owned/operated campsites and very occasionally the discount deals with some CPs.
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--

W.C.Fields
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

Noggins wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 6:30 pm
T1 Terry wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 3:43 pm
Dot wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 2:09 pm What is "one ,more trailer" in the yard :?: :lol:
If you are buying then I wouldn't say no Dottie 8-) Always make room for one more some where. One is at Brian's boat, two in the house yard and one in the workshop yard that I just put a new floor in and rewired the lights ..... 6 cars and two motorhomes, big bus and the truck ..... so I doubt anyone would notice one more to the collection :lol: well, Margaret would :o

T1 Terry
"s funny but they always seem to notice things like that. :oops:
This dress ? I've had it for years!, is the opposite thing. :lol:
Now that is something I would notice, Margaret in a dress :lol: I think the last time was her wedding dress :roll:

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO