RandB’s Upgrade Van

Please feel free to describe your motorhome, campervan or caravan. (make, model, length etc)
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Re: RandB’s Upgrade Van

Post by T1 Terry »

Nice looking rig RnB, who is the muscles that will be doing the hitch and unhitch each time?
As far as the interweb connection, I guess it depends how long you plan to stay in each location, but anywhere from the dongle or WiFi box in a plastic bag and hoisted up a collapsible tuna pole the way they do it at Stone The Crows (pet-els would have more info on that) to the Yagi aerial you tune into the nearest tower. I remember Frans Hamer posting about a spot on the WA coast where there was not even a bar of reception 20km up the road, yet one van had a Yagi tuned in and 5 bars ... he lent the set up to Frans for a week or so because the owner was going back to Perth for some reason, and Frans said the reception was like being set up beside a tower, fast and a strong signal.

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
RobertNotBob

Post by RobertNotBob »

Closer to bring her home.
DF89EA9E-CBCA-49F9-B5C7-F1B8088A0CE0.jpeg
A77B9FC6-EF8F-4A61-A34B-9E923F7E219E.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
supersparky

Post by supersparky »

Cuppla days to go. Let the concrete set, remove formwork, bring van home. Simples.
Any problems with moving the water meter Robert?
Cheers
David

David and Terrie with Bandit the travelling companion
2006 Winnebago Alpine
Recently retired and loving it.
Shirley

Post by Shirley »

Looking good Robert & less to mow :D .
Shirley & Bruce.
RobertNotBob

Post by RobertNotBob »

Hi David no problems was a easy job in the end and two weeks ahead of time. Paid the fee, SA Water inspected drew up the new site plan and the team took about two hours to reposition. Second stump came our easier than the first which was good.

Shirley yes less to mow and weed also hoping it stops most of the people who walk there dog past us from using our garden as a toilet.

Once they come back and finish tomorrow hoping the landscaper can start soon to do the small retainer walls and relay the pavers where the van will be parked.
51E45240-56C8-4F73-8EB7-EFEAB5D41666.jpeg
B4F8A4E2-283A-4C09-A5A6-F4B7F54B2D9B.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
RobertNotBob

Post by RobertNotBob »

Just an update of a couple of photos.
64A4A6FF-8B57-4576-ABA9-670CCF6E0AFE.jpeg
Find I have no problems reversing in, main thing is the first turn to be sure I do not hit the gutter. Ok during the day but a no no at night.

Cheers Robert
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

Not long back, Aldi had rubber traffic stops, sort of triangle shaped and they bolted to the concrete or pavers. Maybe a couple of them mounted so the insides of the passengers side tyres contacted the traffic bumpers before the van hit the guttering ..... but maybe just a security light that comes on when it senses something in that area and shines along the gutter line to show just where it is the side of the van when you get close ....

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
RobertNotBob

Post by RobertNotBob »

Been a while and many things done over the past few month. This is the best part of todays effort.

The good wife finished my quilt for the caravan this afternoon. Very happy in deed. Thank you my Darlin’
EC41308B-3884-423F-BE7F-59FF35DDC8B3.jpeg
Last edited by RobertNotBob on Mon Jan 30, 2023 4:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

Spiffy, Robert!
Interior looks very comfy, too. Like the quilt.
Enjoy your travels, and remember to check your mirrors occasionally to ensure you still have something on the towbar.
:P :lol:

ps. No need to buy stuff for parking stops. Dynabolts & a length of 2x1" achieve the same result...
Sensor light suggested by T1 sounds a good idea to me.
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields
Shirley

Post by Shirley »

Clever darling Robert, looks awesome, beautiful quilt.
Shirley & Bruce.