Hello again..back on line.

Please introduce yourself here. Tell us a little about yourself but, please, no long conversations here.
Chuck

Hello again..back on line.

Post by Chuck »

G'day.

Well, I finally made it back in after my original laptop got a dose of the hiccups - or maybe it was a bowel infection... either way it didn't wanna play any more so decided to kick it's arse outa here & went searching on line for a newbie.

Eventually found one I thought was good so proceeded to order it on line from Harvey Norman.

All went well - initially - they accepted the order (electronically) but then the following day declined the order but did not say, specifically, why. So SWMBO did a bit of searching on her system & found a method whereby she could ask for an explanation. They responded by saying they would contact us within 2 working days... hasn't happened.

Reason we went with the online order initially was because of the 5km limitation to outside travel within your LGA - however after this little $hitfight we realised we could travel to our local HN as it was within our original 10k LGA limit, so rang them found they had the pooter I wanted so drove down there... met the pooter bloke at the entrance & he had the newbie in the box so the financial side was completed & we drove home.

Then, I realised I had never set up a new computer before... fortunately eldest daughter lives just a cupla kays away so had her pop over & do what was needed.

This morning I sat down oulwith the newbie & decided the first place I would look at was this forum... but could not remember the web address & all my contacts had vanished with the old pooter. Fortunately I was able to contact MrK to enlighten me & here we are.

Looking forward to a long & happy reunion.

Chuck & Trina.
Chuck & Catriana
aka Geriatric Gypsies.

2018 VW Tiguan.
White.
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Re: Hello again..back on line.

Post by T1 Terry »

Congratulations on your triumph over the technology great divide ...... did you watch each step the daughter did to get the new 'pooter going? Now you will know exactly what to next time, ring the daughter on the way to hardly normal so she will be ready for action when you get home :lol:
I watch Margaret sort techo problems on my 'pooter and imediately know what to look for before calling for assistance 8-)

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Riverlander

Post by Riverlander »

Lucky we have children to sort us out with these tech. problems. No 1 son is my go to for this and I usually get " I have already shown you how to do this" or " how did you manage to stuff that up" I am still trying to fully work out how the radio works on the new Peugeot.
Cheers John
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

Riverlander wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 1:17 pm … I am still trying to fully work out how the radio works on the new Peugeot.
Cheers John
Ditto.
Two years ago we had Girt’s old radio replaced after it Failed To Proceed.
I’ve read the Alpine manual three times and still can’t work the Bluetooth phone connection!
I’ve managed to get the AM & FM radio bits working, but still have to consult the manual to search for stations when we move camp. 🤔
The thing is obviously designed for young people with good eyesight, as the buttons are so small I need my reading glasses to find the on/off button every time. 🙁

Oh, for the days when a radio had a big button for “On/Off/Vol” and another marked “Tuner”!

On the other hand, I’m very pleased that a basic calculator no longer occupies a quarter of my desk… and that my pocket computer (aka ‘mobile phone’) has a camera which is smarter than my dedicated digital camera —
which can’t make phone calls.

You win some, you lose some. 😳
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

The camera on the phone is great tool for reading small writing. Find the writing in te camera view, use the finger spread method to enlarge it and voila, the writing gets big enough to read :lol: Great for preparing fast food because the instructions are in mini print on the package, zoom across and it can actually be read .... just need to remember what the last bit was ...... still working on that

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Dot

Post by Dot »

Welcome back Chuck :lol: To do stuff on these machines you firstly have to know what the words mean, so I am still trying to figure this thing out, Sadly no young ones about for us to call on and Bruce is banned :lol: :lol:
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
homeless

Post by homeless »

I just struggle through. Not sure what you are scared of LOL
12 × 5 house boat moored at the present in Mannum Waters Marina.
Converting to LiFePo4 for float alone status
Swisslulu

Post by Swisslulu »

Welcome back Chuck and Trina. Hope all is well in your part of the world.
Cheers
Lesley
Our Blog: http://lesleyanderich.wordpress.com
bob r

Post by bob r »

Good evening Chuck long time no speak :D :D

Bob n Robyn
supersparky

Post by supersparky »

Welcome back C&C, wondered where you had been. Isn't technology fun, or not. :lol: You haven't missed much. :roll:
Cheers
David

David and Terrie with Bandit the travelling companion
2006 Winnebago Alpine
Recently retired and loving it.