Re: Coronavirus discussion

Anything you like to talk about..Dot is the boss...
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

AZ jabs were too late to stop me going bald…
My hair (what’s left) is blonde… well, greyish-blonde actually.
And I don’t think there’s enough of it to determine if it’s curly.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I’ve had my booster. SWMBO is booked for hers on 23/12.
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields
Newcastle George

Post by Newcastle George »

After having the Phizer booster on Wednesday afternoon I had a sore arm until about midday Thursday. Apart from that, no side affects at all. :D

George
George, Julie, Leonie & Sean - Kotara, Newcastle
DIY 11.5M 1979 Bedford, Nissan/UD FE6T motor
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

Mine were two AZ & a Pfizer booster.
Side effects: 0
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--

W.C.Fields
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

With all the new cases across Australia added to the already vaccinated and booster shot recipients, we should have herd immunity very soon. The low number of hospitalised is a clear indication that the ratio of infected to hospitalised is much better now so many are vaccinated. Many of those who have tested positive didn't even know they had it, the vaccine reduced the symptoms so much, I wonder if thy will ever actually release the % of those hospitalised and those in intensive care are vaccinated and had no prior illness ..... Let's face it, if every breath is a battle, it wouldn't take much to tip the scales to the point where assistance is required, even a common cold would cause serious problems .... "died with Covid" is not "died from Covid" is it? ......

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

Son-&-Heir is on stress leave from ICU ward duty, because all of the patients he spends his 12hr shifts doing his best to save end up leaving the ward feet first under a shroud!
And he says 95+% are unvaccinated. :evil: :roll:
And he's not the only ICU nurse in this situation…
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--

W.C.Fields
Dot

Post by Dot »

I have blocked 3 people that we thought were "reasonably normal" one continued to send me all the conspiracy theory crap the latest was today after I had told her to stop it so she is gone from my friendship. Our friend that works in the big "cool room" is also P'd off with their "clients" that had the same dangerous convictions. She also is finding it more stressful to work than it has been in the past.
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
native pepper

Post by native pepper »

T1 Terry wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 4:23 pm With all the new cases across Australia added to the already vaccinated and booster shot recipients, we should have herd immunity very soon. The low number of hospitalised is a clear indication that the ratio of infected to hospitalised is much better now so many are vaccinated. Many of those who have tested positive didn't even know they had it, the vaccine reduced the symptoms so much, I wonder if thy will ever actually release the % of those hospitalised and those in intensive care are vaccinated and had no prior illness ..... Let's face it, if every breath is a battle, it wouldn't take much to tip the scales to the point where assistance is required, even a common cold would cause serious problems .... "died with Covid" is not "died from Covid" is it? ......

T1 Terry
There probably won't be any herd immunity, the virus changes too fast for that to develop and we see that with the flu virus, no matter how many jabs people get for the flu, or catch it, they never develop an immunity and most get crook. Had my second jab Wednesday and told them of the symptoms I suffered from the first, only to be told many people get worse than that. Only had a bit of a runny nose and head ache for a few hours after the second and a bit weary Thursday, today feel fine.

They tried for herb immunity is Sweden, that failed miserably and now even with their borders almost closed, they are losing the battle in hospitals with lots of fully vaccinated getting sick. According to my lady, it seems to effect the overweight and those with underlying medical conditions much more an they are getting lots of young people being admitted. She and her staff have had their booster jabs and none have caught it so far, she works up to 16hrs some times and on call 24/7 and threatened to resign if she didn't get more time off. Hopefully our government will open the borders to Europeans, at the moment it's the rich and Asians coming in and our roads are once again filling up with idiot touros.
BruceS
Site Admin

Post by BruceS »

I gotta give it to you NP you sure know how to get my blood pressure up!!
BruceS
Mannum, SA

Dot

Post by Dot »

BruceS wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 12:38 pm I gotta give it to you NP you sure know how to get my blood pressure up!!
Hey Bruce that is my domain or have I been replaced :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: (T.I.C.)
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
BruceS
Site Admin

Post by BruceS »

T.I.C. ??
Wasn't my buttons you were pushing Dot. I got a pretty thick skin. ;) :x :lol:
BruceS
Mannum, SA