Re: Coronavirus discussion

Anything you like to talk about..Dot is the boss...
Newcastle George

Post by Newcastle George »

native pepper wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 11:23 am It also increases your life span by over a decade, the proof of that for me is, everyone I have known around my age is either dead, sick with some form or aliment and on drugs.
What age are you?

George
George, Julie, Leonie & Sean - Kotara, Newcastle
DIY 11.5M 1979 Bedford, Nissan/UD FE6T motor
native pepper

Post by native pepper »

Newcastle George wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 11:47 am
native pepper wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 11:23 am It also increases your life span by over a decade, the proof of that for me is, everyone I have known around my age is either dead, sick with some form or aliment and on drugs.
What age are you?

George
I'm 77 George
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

NP,
1. It was Multiple Myeloma (bone marrow cancer). Three autologous bone marrow transplants & 22 years of chemo finally killed it — rather than me!
Eighteen months after final hospital discharge (2yrs after diagnosis) I co-drove a 4.5t motorhome across the Nullarbor, up the west coast & down the middle over four months.
Still travelling — Covid permitting — although Girt is up for sale. We want to downsize now that we no longer spend six months at a time OTR. :)
Living a full and active retirement in our (reasonably) new country home.

2. "Rabbit food" = verbal shorthand for vegetarian/vegan diets, which the speaker was spruiking. Don't take everything so literally.

3. I wasn't denigrating his choice of diet. Just forcefully expressing my disinclination to follow him. "To each his own"
Last edited by Greynomad on Sun Feb 13, 2022 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields
jon_d

Post by jon_d »

It also increases your life span by over a decade, the proof of that for me is, everyone I have known around my age is either dead, sick with some form or aliment and on drugs.
That's not a form of scientific proof.
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

jon_d wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 9:59 pm
It also increases your life span by over a decade, the proof of that for me is, everyone I have known around my age is either dead, sick with some form or aliment and on drugs.
That's not a form of scientific proof.
"It's really weird being the same age as old people!" :D
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields
Busman

Post by Busman »

Drambuie kills all bugs. See the death rate go up now there is none available in Aussie !
Vanishing Point, almost ready to vanish
Suzuki GV more than ready to go NOW !
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

Busman wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 10:18 pm Drambuie kills all bugs. See the death rate go up now there is none available in Aussie !
Love the logic path Bill :lol:

They reckon your genes have a lot to do with how long you live .... not sure if they should be tight or loose though ..... no mention about the effects shorts have on how long you live, but I'm not risking it :lol:

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Dot

Post by Dot »

They reckon your genes have a lot to do with how long you live .... not sure if they should be tight or loose though ..... no mention about the effects shorts have on how long you live, but I'm not risking it :lol:

Terry are shorts you mention the same as G string undies? I would think if you wore them your voice may certainly change.
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

Dot wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 1:46 pm They reckon your genes have a lot to do with how long you live .... not sure if they should be tight or loose though ..... no mention about the effects shorts have on how long you live, but I'm not risking it :lol:

Terry are shorts you mention the same as G string undies? I would think if you wore them your voice may certainly change.
I doubt my voice could get much higher, so do you think I might become a bass baritone .......
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
jon_d

Post by jon_d »

They reckon your genes have a lot to do with how long you live ..
I had a long chat with my heart surgeon about why I had blocked arteries yet ate well, non smoker, low drinker, etc.

His comment was basically, I've done bypass on 40 y/o fitness fanatics, marathon runners, fit people, fat people, and all sorts. He reckoned that if you're going to get heart disease, you will. And that being super fit only delays it by 10 years.

His other comment was diabetes is the one of worst of the worse diseases. To be avoided as much as possible because it buggers everything.