Re: Coronavirus discussion

Anything you like to talk about..Dot is the boss...
BernieQ2

Post by BernieQ2 »

QR code thingy.
Carol tried to put the QR on her phone.... can't get passed email address... she doesn't have one.... must be harder for those without a phone.
Bernie.
Shirley

Post by Shirley »

Bernie I use Service NSW app., go to app., log in & Covid safe check in is the first service that appears.
Shirley & Bruce.
BernieQ2

Post by BernieQ2 »

Morning Shirley. As I said when you get to the part asking for email address... because Carol doesn't have one, you can't go any further.
Bernie.
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

You can put anyone's email address in as the contact. Each state has it's own QR code system, travelling between states is a pain in the butt when it comes to which app to use and they don't all seem to work the same. A real pain if your service provider doesn't have a tower close enough to handle a download for an app ...
SA you just scan and it tells you where it believes you are, if you accept that, the job is done. NSW requires a scan in and a scan back out, can't remember what the Victorian requirements were and we have yet to experience the Qld and NT schemes .... and WA if us non sand gropers are ever allow back into that part of the country.

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Newcastle George

Post by Newcastle George »

I don't play around with the phone ap, I can write my name and ph no quicker than most people with the ap or, I get the check=in person to enter it into their phone. It also saves me from having to carry around, or have pockets large enough for a smart phone.

George
George, Julie, Leonie & Sean - Kotara, Newcastle
DIY 11.5M 1979 Bedford, Nissan/UD FE6T motor
Dot

Post by Dot »

I'm with NC George
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
T1 Terry

Post by T1 Terry »

Newcastle George wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 12:52 pm I don't play around with the phone ap, I can write my name and ph no quicker than most people with the ap or, I get the check=in person to enter it into their phone. It also saves me from having to carry around, or have pockets large enough for a smart phone.

George
The down side is, only the govt agency involved knows your details when using the app, anyone who looks over the sign in sheet knows your details, even worse if they snap a photo with their phone ...... your details are then for sale to the highest bidder who wants the data for what ever, from annoying emails to scams targeted to your name .....

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Newcastle George

Post by Newcastle George »

And if you lose your phone they have all your contacts details.

George
George, Julie, Leonie & Sean - Kotara, Newcastle
DIY 11.5M 1979 Bedford, Nissan/UD FE6T motor
T1 Terry

Post by T1 Terry »

Newcastle George wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 2:31 pm And if you lose your phone they have all your contacts details.

George
Well, if you don't lock it anyway ...... but you are just one person, that sign in sheet has lots of contact's details. You don't have to suffer a breach of security protocols, you just handed your details to them ......

T1 Terry
dream4red

Post by dream4red »

Just for Newcastle George, NSW Services online can give a you your own card with a q code box on it. You then show it to the shop/whatever and most are able to scan that Q code thingy onto their device, with you not needing to share info. It is best if you do this on your computer, to print it off at home and have ready whenever your phone isn't with you. I have made up these cards for both of us, for those times when he is out, his phone doesn't do internet and for me, for when the scan line is longer, than the show us your card line.
Deborah

Just get out there and enjoy life