Re: Coronavirus discussion

Anything you like to talk about..Dot is the boss...
Eddy

Post by Eddy »

If the authorities cannot get the tracing Apps right, what hope do we have if Lockdowns are completely ended?
Perhaps part of the challenge is to get people to scan the QR code, quite often I have people just cruise on pass whilst I am scanning.
None of the stores I frequent has anyone directing people to scan before entry - Aldi always ask at checkout have you scanned
Shirley

Post by Shirley »

Having the 4 young g'sons living close, I wonder about the school situation, they have been attending school both parents working but all their mates have been just running the streets, riding their bikes & even when I go for a walk I have other local kids whiz past me on bikes, fortunately haven't had many positive cases on the Central Coast but can't understand why we have to be in lockdown with regard to schooling, wouldn't it be safer & better for our local kids to be attending school?

We have had so many blow ins to holiday houses in the area, very hard to know when & how long they have been occupied unless you live close by, a house opposite down on the waterfront it's a battle axe block with a house in front, the owners who seldom visit it apparently arrived last Friday arvo, they are from western Sydney, police arrived on the weekend & they vacated back to home on Sunday morning, people do need to report this behaviour.
We have had a police check point just north of our turn off on the Pacific Hwy, checking anyone traveling north to the Newcastle area.
Shirley & Bruce.
Newcastle George

Post by Newcastle George »

They should have had roadblocks at Hawkesbury River bridge, Wisemans Ferry, Putty Rd and Great Western Hwy.

George
George, Julie, Leonie & Sean - Kotara, Newcastle
DIY 11.5M 1979 Bedford, Nissan/UD FE6T motor
native pepper

Post by native pepper »

Wasn't that long ago when some here ridiculed my idea of quarantine facilities outside CBD hotels, been over 18 months of this pathetic and destructive approach and still the fools refuse to set up real workable quarantine facilities outside urban areas. They prefer to support their vested interests to maintain control and get money so they can get re-elected, whilst destroying lives, businesses and society.

Hotels are not designed as quarantine facilities, so they will never contain viruses without leaking constantly and we see this happens time after time. Just having infected people in urban areas, is completely stupid and evidence is coming out that's it the overweight, high fat content junk food dietary intake, who suffer the most. It will be interesting to see whether that holds up over the long term, but there is one established fact they've worked out in Sweden, the virus attaches to certain proteins.
What amazes me is governments and opposition are fervently clinging onto CBD hotel quarantine against all the evidence, but they will get voted back in and society will go further down the drain, courtesy of the dumb stupidity of the population. Nothing like digging your own grave, by supporting those trying to murder you to support their ideological insanity.
Last edited by native pepper on Thu Sep 02, 2021 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

native pepper wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 10:34 am Wasn't that long ago when some here ridiculed my idea of quarantine facilities outside CBD hotels, been over 18 months of this pathetic and destructive approach and still the fools refuse to set up real workable quarantine facilities outside urban areas. They prefer to support their vested interests to maintain control and get money so they can get re-elected, whilst destroying lives, businesses and society.

Hotels are not designed as quarantine facilities, so they will never contain viruses without leaking constantly and we see this happens time after time. Just having infected people in urban areas, is completely stupid and evidence is coming out that's it the overweight, high fat content junk food dietary intake, who suffer the most. It will be interesting to see whether that holds up over the long term, but there is one established fact they've worked out in Sweden, the virus attacks to certain proteins and chemicals.

What amazes me is governments and opposition are fervently clinging onto CBD hotel quarantine against all the evidence, but they will get voted back in and society will go further down the drain, courtesy of the dumb stupidity of the population. Nothing like digging your own grave, by supporting those trying to murder you to support their ideological insanity.
Maybe they have a long term strategy, let the virus sort out the junk food eater problem and those who prefer to believe the conspiracy theories going around as grounds to be anti vaxxers ...... but that would make this a conspiracy theory so .....
Anti-vaxxer.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
homeless

Post by homeless »

Better they should have stopped all entry into Australia 12 months ago. If they did that we possibly would be all free to live our lives with no virus, but too many bleeding hearts want to wait till it suits them and then scream for the government to act to get them here
Also no jab no help. Go to back of line for hospital and medical treatment.
No Vax you return to your home and stay till there is no one in house testing positive for the 14 days.
Darwin's theory. If you don't want to Vax then your on your own.
I have severe auto immune and the consesous was to not jab but found from neoro that the required drugs I need would negate the jab so no drugs till 14 days after second jab.
12 × 5 house boat moored at the present in Mannum Waters Marina.
Converting to LiFePo4 for float alone status
Dot

Post by Dot »

All I can say is those "truckies" are dumb arrogant selfish cowboys
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
BruceS
Site Admin

Post by BruceS »

I'm not sure that comment was needed Dot.
They were clean until they unknowingly went to some loo or had a shower in some truck stop.
It's not like an infected person immediately turns purple.
They were having regular tests & that's how they found out they were pos. They didn't run & hide or pretend the didn't know.
https://www.stockandland.com.au/story/7 ... for-nhill/
BruceS
Mannum, SA

Busman

Post by Busman »

Seems some of our bearded compatriots up here fit the dumb and arrogant tag though. Qld to Melbourne and back on back roads and refuse to test or tell where they have been. Hope they get it.
Vanishing Point, almost ready to vanish
Suzuki GV more than ready to go NOW !
supersparky

Post by supersparky »

Busman wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 6:57 am Seems some of our bearded compatriots up here fit the dumb and arrogant tag though. Qld to Melbourne and back on back roads and refuse to test or tell where they have been. Hope they get it.
It seems that there are at least some in the bearded community that have a sense of responsibility. They were reported by their school or at least by someone in that school community. Strange though, it took nearly a day for the authorities to name the school that was voluntarily shut down because of stupid parents.
Cheers
David

David and Terrie with Bandit the travelling companion
2006 Winnebago Alpine
Recently retired and loving it.