Another project done!

A lot of us have homes we spend some time in. Discussions can be about any topic that may be of interest that you can think of... renovations, purchases, expenses, etc, etc
Newcastle George

Re: Another project done!

Post by Newcastle George »

I agree Bill.

George
George, Julie, Leonie & Sean - Kotara, Newcastle
DIY 11.5M 1979 Bedford, Nissan/UD FE6T motor
Busman

Post by Busman »

Thanks George,
I guess Ray must have more family visiting so has not had time to respond.
Hang on, didn't they go back to where they came from ?
Vanishing Point, almost ready to vanish
Suzuki GV more than ready to go NOW !
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

Only ever heard it named. Never seen it written, so I took a punt. 🤭😁
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

Busman wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 10:30 pm Thanks George,
I guess Ray must have more family visiting so has not had time to respond.
Hang on, didn't they go back to where they came from ?
Unlike some forumites, I don’t log on every day. I have a life offline as well. 😜
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--

W.C.Fields
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

It always comes back to bite you on the bum...

SWMBO has banned me from using ladders, given my propensity for breaking bones.

:? She was up on the trestle ladder painting the upper part of the new arbor, while I was confined to painting what I could reach from ground level.

I was on my knees painting the bottom of one of the uprights when I heard a blood-curdling scream from behind. :shock:

SWMBO had stepped on the join in the two steel plates which make up the trestle platform. Said joint gave way, her leg went down between the rungs and the ladder fell forward. Unfortunately the arbor upright prevented it falling to the ground, and she was left dangling, her leg trapped between the ladder rails. I couldn't lift the trestle leg, and had to kick it out from under her, and she landed on her head.

While she could move all limbs, the trapped leg didn't look too good, so I called 000. Ambulance said 'suspected fracture of the femur', and took her straight to Albury Base Hospital ED.

(The paint pail had preceded her landing, with the predictable result. The clothes she was wearing later went into the bin, as did the sheet on the ambulance stretcher.)

X-Rays revealed it wasn't the femur, but the Fibula, the smaller bone behind the shinbone (Tibia). Femur was strong enough to take the full body weight.

She will be laid up for about six weeks with a leg-brace to prevent lateral movement of the bone. Fore-&-aft movement is OK.

So I have been given a temporary promotion to Chief Cook & Bottle-Washer. :o

Pray for our digestive systems. ;) :? :shock:
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--

W.C.Fields
Keith Morris

Post by Keith Morris »

"tanks" here---
Thinking of you both.
Keith.

I'm now 85 years of age and living in WA, single (gave up looking), white hair, no teeth, no address, no money, no worries.
Dot

Post by Dot »

Greynomad wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 9:26 pm It always comes back to bite you on the bum...

SWMBO has banned me from using ladders, given my propensity for breaking bones.

:? She was up on the trestle ladder painting the upper part of the new arbor, while I was confined to painting what I could reach from ground level.

I was on my knees painting the bottom of one of the uprights when I heard a blood-curdling scream from behind. :shock:

SWMBO had stepped on the join in the two steel plates which make up the trestle platform. Said joint gave way, her leg went down between the rungs and the ladder fell forward. Unfortunately the arbor upright prevented it falling to the ground, and she was left dangling, her leg trapped between the ladder rails. I couldn't lift the trestle leg, and had to kick it out from under her, and she landed on her head.

While she could move all limbs, the trapped leg didn't look too good, so I called 000. Ambulance said 'suspected fracture of the femur', and took her straight to Albury Base Hospital ED.

(The paint pail had preceded her landing, with the predictable result. The clothes she was wearing later went into the bin, as did the sheet on the ambulance stretcher.)

X-Rays revealed it wasn't the femur, but the Fibula, the smaller bone behind the shinbone (Tibia). Femur was strong enough to take the full body weight.

She will be laid up for about six weeks with a leg-brace to prevent lateral movement of the bone. Fore-&-aft movement is OK.

So I have been given a temporary promotion to Chief Cook & Bottle-Washer. :o

Pray for our digestive systems. ;) :? :shock:
Poor ol Joy, about time you two realized ladders do not mix with the over 50's Make sure you clean the loo properly as us females hate a dirty loo. Give her a hug from us please Ray xx
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
BernieQ2

Post by BernieQ2 »

That's not good Ray, hope SWMBO has a speedy recovery.
Bernie.
BruceS
Site Admin

Post by BruceS »

Not good news Ray! Get well soon Joy!
So? Title says "Another project done!" ......... I guess NOT done on this one yet?
BruceS
Mannum, SA

Shirley

Post by Shirley »

No more ladders for either of you, look after Joy as she has looked after you, hope she makes a speedy recovery at least she'll be able to give you orders on how & what she wants you to do :lol: :lol: thinking of you Joy.
Shirley & Bruce.