Another project done!

A lot of us have homes we spend some time in. Discussions can be about any topic that may be of interest that you can think of... renovations, purchases, expenses, etc, etc
Dot

Re: Another project done!

Post by Dot »

That's better Ray, Are those stones on any type of base and if not do they sink into the ground when wet?
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

Dot,
Bulldozer Man scraped off all the old crusher fines down to solid compacted earth before laying the larger (20~25mm) rock about 2~3 rocks deep. Have to wait for the next rain to see if they sink... :?
Over time, they will compact into a solid surface, but for the moment it's fairly loose. Hand mower left wheeltracks!
At his suggestion I have repurposed a piece of leftover reo mesh 2m x 1m as a drag-around, using the ride-on mower (wide, low-pressure tyres), to smooth the surface.
Eventually (18~24 months) he says I'll only need it after someone tries wheelies & tears up the surface.
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields
Dot

Post by Dot »

Thank you Ray, now waiting to see how the zoomers effect it :D
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

deck and pool completed.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Shirley

Post by Shirley »

Looks good Ray, long driveway.
Shirley & Bruce.
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

Dot wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 10:08 pm Thank you Ray, now waiting to see how the zoomers effect it :D
Dottie,
The girls are only allowed out the front on leads… we don’t have fences on our front boundary or the driveway side. Just garden beds and a row of trees in front, and a line of agapanthus down the upper part of the driveway, with trees lining our side of the fence around the units along the front half of our 50m driveway. No front gate, either.
Besides, we have walked them out front, and they don’t like the stones moving slightly underfoot.
Different picture in the back yard. Fully fenced to Beagle-proof standard!
When we let them run free they do zoomies around the gardens and between the trees. I’ll post pics of the tracks they have carved in the dirt. Some areas which were compacted almost to rock hardness are now loose, fine dust! At least we don’t have a weed problem there anymore… 🤭
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--

W.C.Fields
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

Dottie (and others),
This is our front boundary (no actual fence & plenty of gaps in the foliage).
ray1.jpg
… and this is our side boundary: a line of star pickets and no wires.
ray2.jpg
Security level: 0
No
The girls are not allowed out front without leads, as they run faster than I can!
This is what they have carved in what was rock-hard dirt as they do a hard turn around the tree doing their zoomies.
ray3.jpg
ADMIN: Fixed Ray
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--

W.C.Fields
Newcastle George

Post by Newcastle George »

I guess you have taken these photos with an iphone Ray as they are all upside down on my laptop.

George
George, Julie, Leonie & Sean - Kotara, Newcastle
DIY 11.5M 1979 Bedford, Nissan/UD FE6T motor
Keith Morris

Post by Keith Morris »

Newcastle George wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 8:41 pm I guess you have taken these photos with an iphone Ray as they are all upside down on my laptop.

George
"tanks" here---George,
Ray's photos are all the correct way up on my laptop.
I think Ray has a "smart phone" and being a smart phone it would know which way was up.
Maybe you have your laptop upside down so try turning it 180 degrees and see if that is a solution.
Keith..

I'm now 85 years of age and living in WA, single (gave up looking), white hair, no teeth, no address, no money, no worries.
Keith Morris

Post by Keith Morris »

Newcastle George wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 8:41 pm I guess you have taken these photos with an iphone Ray as they are all upside down on my laptop.

George
"tanks" here---George,
Ray's photos are all the correct way up on my laptop.
I think Ray has a "smart phone" and being a smart phone it would know which way was up.
Maybe you have your laptop upside down so try turning it 180 degrees and see if that is a solution.
Keith..

I'm now 85 years of age and living in WA, single (gave up looking), white hair, no teeth, no address, no money, no worries.