Australia Day

Anything you like to talk about..Dot is the boss...
Greynomad

Australia Day

Post by Greynomad »

News reports on TV today showing that statues of Captain Cook were painted red by protesters.
The national anthem was recently changed from “we are young and free” to “we are one and free”… really?
As long as indigenous/lefties keep doing things like this we definitely are NOT one!
These numpties talk about the need for respect.
Where is THEIR respect for the non-aboriginal population?
Where would they be if we all decided to leave Oz and return to the homes of our ancestors, destroying all the infrastructure built since the arrival of the first fleet?
Would THAT make them happy?
Maybe so. Protesters in Canberra were shown on TV News carrying a banner saying “Time to Decolonise”.

Anyway, they don’t know their history.
It was EIGHT YEARS after Cook mapped the east coast that the First Fleet arrived… on 17th January 1778 to Botany Bay.
Australia Day celebrates the day the fleet moved to Port Jackson to establish Sydney.
So their “Invasion Day” protests SHOULD take place on 17th January, not the 26th.
The proud aboriginal Stan Grant wrote last January that he spent the night before Invasion Day with his people, contemplating the changes the following day would bring.
When I wrote to him quoting first-hand documentation of his error… utter silence. I’m still waiting for him to reply.
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields
Dot

Re: Australia Day

Post by Dot »

The other night the show "I'm a celeb get me out of here" was on Apparently that cook Poh was taken to task by the "aboriginal x footy player" about a term she and her aboriginal friend use between them.She asks her friend when she has not seen him for a while if "he has been on walkabout"? The X footy player told Poh not to use that term as (wait for it) as it is derogatory to the aboriginals. :o :? WTF not according to the dictionaries it isn't, even Earnie Dingo uses it. Can't keep up with all the new additions of offended and derogatory. (now running for cover)
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

Dottie,
If this keeps up, the indigenous/leftie crew will demand the film “Crocodile Dundee” be edited to change the name of the Walkabout Hotel! :o :roll:

As Winston Churchill once said,
If the present sits in judgement of the past, we lose the future.
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields
Keith Morris

Post by Keith Morris »

"tanks" here---
"THEY" have NADOC WEEK or what ever it is called, and we "white trash" only have ONE DAY but they want to eliminate that.
This is not equal and not making us "One".
Hello Dot---Mr Major and I are both well and enjoying Dysart where we are waiting for some rain.
Keith

I'm now 85 years of age and living in WA, single (gave up looking), white hair, no teeth, no address, no money, no worries.
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

Seems no one gets it right, Cook was only a lieutenant when he made his Australian tour, not a captain ....

The fact the indigenous population don't even recognise they slaughter the original inhabitants when ever they stumbled across them doesn't actually put them in standing, but the treatment the poms did used on the locals doesn't put them in a good position either ..... attempting to wipe out all the indigenous Tasmanian's puts them in the very worst category in my book ..... but that doesn't make them all bad people .... does it?

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

Now this is an Australian getting the most out of the latest lot of imports ......

As Aussie as it gets.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Busman

Post by Busman »

Wonder how many of them would be left if the chinese landed here before cook ? Instead of next year or whenever. Not a one I would guess.
Vanishing Point, almost ready to vanish
Suzuki GV more than ready to go NOW !
BruceS
Site Admin

Post by BruceS »

Even if/when they come I'd reckon they'd still do in now Bill!!
Problem gone for good.
Let's face it do ANY of us like a continuing festering sore?
Make it interesting just who would tick that box on most forms!!!
BruceS
Mannum, SA

Bow

Post by Bow »

Busman wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 12:40 pm Wonder how many of them would be left if the chinese landed here before cook ? Instead of next year or whenever. Not a one I would guess.
The Chinese landed here a long time before Cook.
Busman

Post by Busman »

I think Gavin Menzies has been pretty well discredited, seeing as he only gets his info mainly from old maps.And I think you understand I was referring to colonisation, pitching the flag, whatever, not a passing visit leaving no record.
Vanishing Point, almost ready to vanish
Suzuki GV more than ready to go NOW !