Was Valentines day a non event for you?

Drop in and dribble on about nothing serious. Seriously a mad place to hang out. Better to avoid it if you're not in the mood!!! If you're determined to be sad, bad, mad & angry then move along!!!
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Was Valentines day a non event for you?

Post by T1 Terry »

I might have found a reason if things didn't go like you'd hoped
Valentines.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
native pepper

Re: Was Valentines day a non event for you?

Post by native pepper »

When was valentines day, can't understand why people celebrate such ridiculous days created by the USA when they mean nothing but more profit growth on the backs of the gullible.
DerekBullock

Post by DerekBullock »

Lovely Valentine’s Day here culminating in a three course dinner cooked by me.

Maggie and I have stopped going out for a Valentines Dinner as we had some at great expense that were pretty ordinary.

Entree was chorizo, black pudding, sea scallop and prawn skewers.

Main was roast beef, yorkshire pudding, baked potato, carrot, pumpkin and parsnip, mashed potato and some greens with gravy.

Dessert was individual sticky date puddings with butterscotch sauce and thick cream.

Overall a very nice dinner that we enjoyed over several hours with some selected wines.
44645034-DB8D-40DE-93EF-F9A56BA1D1CD.jpeg
C285659D-5111-45E7-9310-FA740AB82990.jpeg
A835A9B3-78E7-4F94-BC6C-E4EB6129A444.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

DerekBullock wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 5:44 pm Lovely Valentine’s Day here culminating in a three course dinner cooked by me.

Maggie and I have stopped going out for a Valentines Dinner as we had some at great expense that were pretty ordinary.

Entree was chorizo, black pudding, sea scallop and prawn skewers.

Main was roast beef, yorkshire pudding, baked potato, carrot, pumpkin and parsnip, mashed potato and some greens with gravy.

Dessert was individual sticky date puddings with butterscotch sauce and thick cream.

Overall a very nice dinner that we enjoyed over several hours with some selected wines.

44645034-DB8D-40DE-93EF-F9A56BA1D1CD.jpeg

C285659D-5111-45E7-9310-FA740AB82990.jpeg

A835A9B3-78E7-4F94-BC6C-E4EB6129A444.jpeg
Wow, makes my sausages and mushroom gravy, mash potatoes and asparagus followed by a Drumstick Affogato ice cream sound rather ordinary ...... but I did cook it for the two of us, and it was enjoyed with a decent size glass of Dubliner Honey whiskey over ice while watching that sink hole show on the tv ....
I'm such a romantic eh :lol:

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Shirley

Post by Shirley »

Terry, I bought a bottle of Dubliner honey whiskey it's ok but to sweet for me, prefer a good scotch on ice.
Shirley & Bruce.
BernieQ2

Post by BernieQ2 »

We don't do crap.
Bernie.
Busman

Post by Busman »

Interested to know what that means Bernie ?
Vanishing Point, almost ready to vanish
Suzuki GV more than ready to go NOW !
BruceS
Site Admin

Post by BruceS »

I think he means he's not a romantic? Wait till he's been married another 5 years he'll mellow a bit! haha
Derek no peas? You're my man! Mash & roast spuds!
BruceS
Mannum, SA

DerekBullock

Post by DerekBullock »

Mash and baked spuds is an English thing. Rarely see it out here.
Dot

Post by Dot »

DerekBullock wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 9:43 pm Mash and baked spuds is an English thing. Rarely see it out here.
That is my type of roast, always have mashed along with roast spuds and Yorkshire pudding, just with I could taste it as well as eat it Boo hoo :( :(
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.