Ukraine’s problem

Drop in and dribble on about nothing serious. Seriously a mad place to hang out. Better to avoid it if you're not in the mood!!! If you're determined to be sad, bad, mad & angry then move along!!!
Greynomad

Ukraine’s problem

Post by Greynomad »

Putin’s excuse for invading Ukraine is that most of the population of the Eastern region is ethnic Russian.
I seem to remember someone — I think his name was Adolf — used the same argument for invading the Sudetenland.
I hope we don’t end up with the same result.
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields
BruceS
Site Admin

Re: Ukraine’s problem

Post by BruceS »

I think it's a bit more like Korea or Vietnam.
The Western Powers used those wars to try to stop the Commies proceeding further South.
Putin wants to stop the West from encroaching further towards his country.
He knows that if Ukraine falls to the West it'll only be a matter of a short time he'll have another bunch of missile sites that much closer to him.
If a country has 50/50 population of one 'mix' or another & they can't live together what IS the answer?
Look at what's going on in the NT at the moment?
Maybe a "Berlin Experiment?" It worked in Yugoslavia in the end.
Probably better if they fly the white flag now I reckon. They got no hope of resisting & no one is going to help.
BruceS
Mannum, SA

Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

Bruce,
I can’t see Putin agreeing to a wall down the middle of Ukraine with the Russians one side and the Ukranians on the other.
Not when he’s sent troops to attack cities all around the borders.
I suspect he wants ALL of the Ukraine. I also suspect he wants to re-establish the USSR with him as Czar.
First Ukraine, then Poland, Uzbekistan, Latvia… you know where it goes from there…
Meanwhile the western nations will jump up and down, impose financial sanctions — which Putin will ignore because he’s already done the sums — then sit on their hands. 🙄
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--

W.C.Fields
BruceS
Site Admin

Post by BruceS »

I better sit down now or I'll say something I shouldn't say.
BruceS
Mannum, SA

Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

Go on, Bruce, let it all hang out! :? :D
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--

W.C.Fields
Dot

Post by Dot »

Quick way is to do a Kennedy, MLK jobbie.
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
native pepper

Post by native pepper »

BruceS wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 6:24 pm Probably better if they fly the white flag now I reckon. They got no hope of resisting & no one is going to help.
It's not going as Putin planned, he expected Ukraine to fall with a couple of days. Problem is they have done the opposite and are giving the Russians hell, wiping out convoys shooting down planes and helicopters, capturing Russians and now the Russian are running out of supplies and fuels. They have also launched missiles at Russian airports and bases, completely disrupting their advance as most NATO countries and even Germany are giving Ukraine over 1000 anti tank and surface to air missiles, along with huge amounts of ammunition and fuel.

There is also a large number of Russians who are demonstrating and demanding the invasion be stopped and even China has withdrawn support for Putin restricting the provision of resources and equipment, Turkey is going to ban any Russian ships from entering the Black sea and that will restrict Putin even more.. Another couple of days according to many in the know, will see the Russians run out of ammo missiles and fuels. Already there are Russian tanks and trucks stranded because they have run out of fuel and ammo as Ukrainians are wiping out supply convoys as they enter Ukraine and using guerilla tactics which are almost impossible to stop.

I don't think Putin can win this and it may be that he will either be removed from office, or unleash huge bombs or even nukes. But doubt other Russian leaders will support a nuclear conflict, as it would destroy them as well and as the days go on and Ukraine is still resisting and in many cases winning, we may see Russia trying to get peace talks. If that happens, I can see Ukraine demanding the total withdrawal from all Ukrainian territories, including Crimea and the eastern areas under Russina control.
Busman

Post by Busman »

Putin has never lost a war and this one ain't gunna be his first.
Vanishing Point, almost ready to vanish
Suzuki GV more than ready to go NOW !
BruceS
Site Admin

Post by BruceS »

We only see one side of the publicity machine in action.
I think it's really a credit to the Ruskies in one respect. They could have easily wiped out thousands, if not millions by now if they really wanted to & done it all from outside the country!
Shit there were more deaths in one battle in Vietnam than there's been so far!!!
That high rise building that got hit ..... you think it might have been a direct hit on one of the leaders bedrooms? lol.
In Bagdad the yanks were putting them through windows of reinforced buildings.
BruceS
Mannum, SA

T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

Busman wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 12:12 pm Putin has never lost a war and this one ain't gunna be his first.
Ummmm....... It took him 8 yrs to beat North Caucasus and Russia had the assistance of Chechnya, Dagestan, Ingushetia, Kabardino-Balkaria, North Ossetia-Alania ....
He is still involved in 3 wars and the Ukrainian one he has been fighting since 2014 and only just launched an invasion after a few mths of practice just outside the border .... yet he is still having problems and needs to verbally add a frightening threat about being on a nuclear alert (like they weren't already at the top level) to see if that scared them into giving up and convince the locals he was doing the right thing .... if he is reading from Hitler's war strategies book, I hope he gets to the last few pages real soon so he realises how that one went ........

A retaliatory strike on Putin's mansion would bring it home to him just how vulnerable his amassed fortune is to simply no longer existing ......

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO