Ukraine’s problem

Drop in and dribble on about nothing serious. Seriously a mad place to hang out. Better to avoid it if you're not in the mood!!! If you're determined to be sad, bad, mad & angry then move along!!!
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Re: Ukraine’s problem

Post by T1 Terry »

supersparky wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 3:41 pm It all gets back to what they believe that, 'we the sheeple', will believe or what they want us to think. None of them tell the truth. Remember Saddam Hussein and his weapons of mass destruction. All leaders tell big fat fibs. So do news services.
Was he the kid in the calculus class using a Bic pen tube and chewed bits of paper as a blow pipe pea shooter? ..... he was accused of math disruption and the media just twisted it to suit their story line .....

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
supersparky

Post by supersparky »

That must have been his brother Wassup. Saddam never did calculus, he wasn't that clever. :roll:
Cheers
David

David and Terrie with Bandit the travelling companion
2006 Winnebago Alpine
Recently retired and loving it.
T1 Terry

Post by T1 Terry »

Putin.jpg

Clearly his father's fault, if he hadn't put-in with out protection we would never have had this problem ....

T1 Terry
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
native pepper

Post by native pepper »

As long as we have an ideologically controlled world, there will always be these type of deranged despots ruining the future. History shows us this is a fact and it repeats over and over, the only difference is the weaponry, peoples reaction remain the same, it won't effect me until it does, then it's to late.

There can only be two outcomes from this invasion of Ukraine and only one is the most likely, unless someone takes out Putin and his cronies. The most likely is it will escalate into NATO countries as everything Putin has said is a complete lie, he said there would be a cease fire to allow civilians to escape cities, but as soon as the cease fire Has to come into effect, his forces started shelling the roads and cities, stopping people from leaving. He has also said that any country that supplies or helps Ukraine will be attacked and he's using the nuclear threat to deter any reasonable help to be given to Ukraine.

In my opinion, I'd be calling his bluff and telling him the first place to be nuked would be where ever he is and with the technology and surveillance NATO and USA has, they could target all his nuclear sites, air and naval bases. Then if he decides to step over the line, take them all out fast. Putin is relying on his nuclear threat to deter any NATO intervention and if NATO continues to let him push them, it will be just the same as all previous wars, he will keep taking until NATO is backed into a corner and the only way out will be nuclear. NATO is making the same mistake as they did in the previous wars, hoping he will go away and he won't, despots rely upon threats and intimidation, but they are really cowards and Putin is a typical coward. He sends others to do his dirty work whilst he hides away.

Putin doesn't care how many Russian troops get killed, he is only interested in what he wants and everything and everyone else is just usable cannon fodder to him, which is no different to any previous despot. If NATO called his bluff, I doubt Putin would have the backing to go nuclear, as it would ensure Russia would be wiped out along with lots of other places and I doubt his cronies or any other Russian wants to commit suicide. Don't think China would support his nuclear threats as it would also result in China being either nuked or suffering from massive fall out and even though leaders may want to push things, the people of the world wouldn't support a nuclear war, there is nowhere to hide from nuclear war in the Northern hemisphere, or most of the south. Of course a nuclear war would solve many problems by reducing the human population dramatically, which would really slow global warming, but we may end up with a nuclear winter and that would reduce population even more. Not a nice scenario, but one which is now in the list of probabilities.

Of course this is only my opinion and more than likely most will reject it, facing the reality of the future is something the majority avoid desperately. We can see that with climate change, everyone's complaining, but doing nothing just carrying on hoping it will all go away and there's zero chance of that happening. In fact climate change may become 100 times worse because it has only just started to kick in.
T1 Terry

Post by T1 Terry »

I think Putin may have lost control of his army to the field commanders and they are each fighting their part of the war their way .... but Putin will continue to talk like it's all his plan and still under his control .... till it really goes pear-shaped ....... then no one knows what the next moves will be.
If they declare a no fly zone over Ukraine, they have to police it with Nato aircraft and threaten or actually shoot down Russia aircraft .... even if it is with drones, then Putin will hit the big red button and it will be up to his military officials as to whether they carry out his orders or turn on him ....

T1 Terry
BruceS
Site Admin

Post by BruceS »

I was nodding along with you N Pepper until you started the Climate Change Rant.
School yard bullies need to be brought under control the hard way. Too late & more will suffer.
I suspect Nato etc will write off Ukraine but if he puts one toe over any border after that .................
BruceS
Mannum, SA

Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

BruceS wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 7:03 pm I suspect Nato etc will write off Ukraine but if he puts one toe over any border after that .................
That’s what the British said about Adolf… and look where that went.

But I’m with you on NP’s climate change rant… a tenuous link at best. Despite my concerns about world leaders not leading on this.
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields
Dot

Post by Dot »

FFS someone please give the man a good dose of lead, what is taking so long?
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
native pepper

Post by native pepper »

Climate change rant, just using a logical parallel outlining the relevance to how ideological humanity approaches life and the deep denial they live within by refusing to see and accept the real world reality. It's ideologues in denial of climate change, when the need is for everyone to do something or nothing will change, just get worse and no different to the invasion of Ukraine.

Anyone who doesn't see the current violent weather systems destroying human habitation with massive rain storms as being a product of climate change, is simply deranged. Which is no different to the ruling ideologues believing Putin will not continue his supposed expansion of his empire once Ukraine is subdued, if he can subdue Ukraine without nuking them or massively bombarding their cities into submission.

The reality is Putin is losing the war on the ground and is more and more resorting to bombing and long range missile attacks, losing all his ground forces to the Ukrainians and now it appears some Russian troops are abandoning their weapons creating a big headache for Putin.

World leaders are dedicated ideologues and almost all of them have one form of ideology in common, religion. Making them incapable of seeing and working with reality. All they can do is support their deluded delusions with force and denials. That's why we have climate change and why we have the russian invasion, they are linked by ideological insanity and not reality.

This means everyone on the planet will lose via climate change and ideological conflict, more and more leaders are displaying insane outlooks and denial of what has to be done. In Aus all our politicians and senior bureaucrats are totally incompetent and incapable of taking us forward to a viable future. By the time our political bureaucratic system gets around to doing something, its always to late, or only designed to support the corporate world, not the people country or future.

Our defence forces have been run into the ground using imported, faulty unreliable systems and equipment, we have no manufacturing industry so are reliant upon on overseas supplies of fuels, equipment and lots of our foods. Deciding to take up nuclear subs, is a great idea decades to late and taking decades to built the first one using overseas companies, is insane. If there's a war that will effect us, we will quickly run out of fuels because our governments have given our natural resources away to the corporate world and overseas governments. You can't run a military machine without fuels and we import all ours, so any blockade of world shipping, will mean this country comes to a stand still and unable to protect Aus, or even fight back.

We import just about all our defence equipment as well, which is pure insanity in action. When I was in the defence forces, all our equipment, ships and munitions was locally produced and we designed highly advanced fighter and bomber planes, but both libs and labor decided to shut down the industry and give out money to overseas companies. No different to our auto and most other industries, 99% imported junk. They are already scrapping the tanks and helicopters they imported because they are junk, The supposed highly sophisticated unbelievably expensive F35s are also junk. But our politicians are to stupid to do the right thing and manufacture them here, they are beholden to the international corporate world and not the future, people or country.

Now that's a rant, but unlike ideologues, not a deluded sermon of denial, putting down reality because they can't handle life outside their ridiculous ideologies and have to put down those who bring reality to their attention. Because reality outside their tiny ideological bubble frightens them and they think by denying it, their deluded beliefs will come true. Sadly history proves, ideologues dreams never come true, they may look like they are for a short time and under suppression and denial, but in the end ideologies always lose.
T1 Terry

Post by T1 Terry »

Any sort of power struggle that involves the war machine being rolled out, has got to be bad as far as climate change goes ..... the blasts and fuel used is only part of it, the rebuilding also puts strain on an already fragile climate ...... but world leaders and war footings being linked directly to climate change .... a big stretch of the bow that one.

The real horror is that this fighting for land and materials is gunna get a lot worse. As more and more land becomes nonviable for food growth or housing, the strongest will start to eye off those that have what they want and aren't strong enough to keep it .....

Russia needs to control the Ukraine for the safety of the gas pipeline that supplies gas to Europe and supports Russia's economy, NATO could strangle Russia and Putin out of business real quick.
Then add the nuclear power stations, including Chernobyl, Putin doesn't care that the area is deadly, they can still fire up parts of the plant or even turn it into a very dirty bomb if needed.

Just like the wars the USA funds, the energy is what they want, death toll and building destruction, collateral damage, as long as they control the energy flow ..... gunna be tough to do with wind and solar replace all other fuels eh .....

T1 Terry