The price of fuel.

Anything you like to talk about..Dot is the boss...
supersparky

Re: The price of fuel.

Post by supersparky »

So much for the reduced price of fuel. On our travels back home recently, the price of diesel varied from $1.97c/l all the way up to $2.24c/l with the average in country NSW being $2.14 So, it's pretty simple to spend well over $250 just to fill the tank. Actually, we could spend well more than that as our Winny has a pretty big tank, but I try to go no less than a quarter full anymore.
Even premium 98 is cheaper than diesel. :shock:
Cheers
David

David and Terrie with Bandit the travelling companion
2006 Winnebago Alpine
Recently retired and loving it.
Vik351

Post by Vik351 »

T1 Terry wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 2:35 pm
Dot wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 9:00 pm V6 diesel turbo RWD auto (Merc)
How would the fuel economy be with this motor? sluggy or grunty ?
It would go well, but fuel economy seems to relate to the right foot's ability to lift off or only partly to the floor without having to rest there for long periods. I get muscle pains in the right leg after a long drive in the Hino, but I think that is caused by trying to get the pedal through the floor to see if it would actually go as hard as the Mazda :roll:
The Mazda goes like a cut snake in comparison yet no turbo, but it sure likes a drink when really driving it hard ..... I reckon it probably used half as much fuel when Brian drove it :lol:

T1 Terry
Drove the new bus (V6,grunty ) home from Qld on the cruse control all the way , cos it had Qld plates still and the bloke said he would kill me if I got a ticket :o :D ... and it was magic, long press is increments of 10 kpa quick press = 1 kpa , clicked to the speed sighs , car did the rest ...

Will drive like this all the time now ;) even down the freeway to the toll gate ,didnt need to touch the brakes ...!!! lock her in at 80... "yes sir "

vik...
Merk 4x4 VF30 519 CDI 2020 LWB V6TD 3 ltr 6 wheeler ,Tenorite Grey ... yep, it's not white ...!!! 8-)
RobertNotBob

Post by RobertNotBob »

Fine on flat roads mate but fuel economey goes up once you start going up and down on the roads.
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

Great to hear you like your new purchase, what about the co-pilot? Did she enjoy the trip?

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
T1 Terry

Post by T1 Terry »

Wrote a mega post, tied to save it to Word and lost it some how.
Basically, drove light throttle from home to Taggerty, Melbourne to Canberra to Wollongong, then foot flat to the floor back to Mannum after a call from the RAH that I had 35 hrs to be there to get to take advantage of a cancellation so I could get my double hernia sorted.

To stay on topic ..... better fuel economy foot to the floor on the mad rush home than the light throttle driving on the trip, not sure why, but maybe just more boost pressure for longer burning the fuel better and holding a higher gear longer (waste gate made none functional so max boost possible for the amount of fuel supplied).

Still cost over $200 per fill (95 ltr tank) but dropped from under 500km per tank requiring the 10 ltr jerry can to make it to the next servo to 520km plus between the BP truckstop outside Balranald to home with fuel still in tank ........
Saw prices of $2.50 ltr and one at $2.59.9 for diesel, add the money off with the fuel excise cost cut and diesel fuel would be out of the question in 6 mths time for people living in those areas ...... they would have to buy outside the area and that would be the end of the servo in that town ....... simply crazy times

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Keith Morris

Post by Keith Morris »

"tanks" here--T-1,
Think of the money you will save after the op !!
For a hernia op there is no driving for 2 months, so is that no driving for 4 months with a double hernia deal. ?
Keith.

I'm now 85 years of age and living in WA, single (gave up looking), white hair, no teeth, no address, no money, no worries.
T1 Terry

Post by T1 Terry »

Keith Morris wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 5:32 pm "tanks" here--T-1,
Think of the money you will save after the op !!
For a hernia op there is no driving for 2 months, so is that no driving for 4 months with a double hernia deal. ?
Keith.
:lol: Back to work tomorrow, but point and instruct stuff, just lifting the laptop onto the table was an effort ... and it's been a week, Margaret will have driver duties for a while yet.
Never had tennis elbow, so no idea how bad that is, but tennis balls sure hurts ..... :twisted:

T1 Terry
Dot

Post by Dot »

Tennis balls need ice packs and gentle massage x 3 times a day. :twisted: :lol: :twisted: :lol: Diesel in Mt Barker today $2.01 cpl. Terry use a brace for your hernia or where they were. You should not be back at work yet.
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
Vik351

Post by Vik351 »

T1 Terry wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 3:58 pm Great to hear you like your new purchase, what about the co-pilot? Did she enjoy the trip?

T1 Terry
Yep, loved it ... only put her into neutral once while overtaking a B double... Euro blinker and gear shift arse up :o

Even I did it ONCE... Once that is ... :oops: :oops: :oops:
CULT2727.JPG

vik... :mrgreen:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Merk 4x4 VF30 519 CDI 2020 LWB V6TD 3 ltr 6 wheeler ,Tenorite Grey ... yep, it's not white ...!!! 8-)
T1 Terry

Post by T1 Terry »

Dot wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 6:49 pm Tennis balls need ice packs and gentle massage x 3 times a day. :twisted: :lol: :twisted: :lol: Diesel in Mt Barker today $2.01 cpl. Terry use a brace for your hernia or where they were. You should not be back at work yet.
Gentle massage Dottie, the evil/twisted/laugh combination suggests you weren't planning on being gentle at all :cry: :cry:
Not sure what I said to the operation crew that upset them so much that they decided to move me around using my scrotum as a handle

T1 Terry