The price of fuel.

Anything you like to talk about..Dot is the boss...
supersparky

Re: The price of fuel.

Post by supersparky »

RobertNotBob wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 9:27 am $2:38 driving to North Adelaide today as Terry said it creeps up every day.
It's about the same in a lot of places on the Gold Coast as well.
Cheers
David

David and Terrie with Bandit the travelling companion
2006 Winnebago Alpine
Recently retired and loving it.
Newcastle George

Post by Newcastle George »

The range is $2.26 - $2.46 around Newcastle.

George
George, Julie, Leonie & Sean - Kotara, Newcastle
DIY 11.5M 1979 Bedford, Nissan/UD FE6T motor
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

Romany Rambler wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 8:38 am The cost of diesel here in NZ is now around $3/ltr give or take.

Robin
And you still have road tax per km on top of that? Lucky it's not a big country so the distances travelled are less. Is there a big switch to electric vehicles over there Robin?

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
2foot6

Post by 2foot6 »

m.jpg
A most expensive meal
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I aspire to inspire before I expire.
Romany Rambler

Post by Romany Rambler »

Yes we still have road user charges (RUC) on top of the cost of the fuel, but we are currently getting a 35% discount on these RUCs until the end of Sept I think.
Our trouble is we don't have the competition you have or the economy of scale your population brings. One good reason for being big.
There is a big drive to get people into electric with yet another tax on utes and rebates on evs. Personally I think EVs are not a long term solution both counties are struggling with winter demand on electricity, how on earth can they support a large fleet of EVs - not going to happen in my lifetime. A better bet would fe hydrogen.
I will be staying with my diesel Jeep ICE.
2019 Leisureline 7.23 Platinum Caravan, 2015 Jeep GC Ltd,3.0l Diesel, 8speed
Travel Blog: www.romanyrambler.blogspot.com
T1 Terry

Post by T1 Terry »

New Zealand has a lot of geo-thermal possibilities available for electricity production that could just about be exported ..... make hydrogen and turn it into ammonia and then it can be exported. Move it around the country for storage the way they did with CNG and there is a fuel available to deed a fuel cell for remote power or as a direct fuel into heavy transport with their own fuel cell on board.
As for the diesel high prices, just resurrect the CNG system and add a CNG tank to the smaller diesel vehicles, they run well on CNG, the Sydney busses have been using that for the last 10 yrs or more.

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Dot

Post by Dot »

Diesel in city $2.34 cpl. Unleaded $1.99 cpl
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
nut17

Post by nut17 »

Here in NZ the real fuel cost per 100 km has virtually doubled over the last 12 months. Our Iveco Daily based Winnebago (Apollo - Brisbane Build) uses an average 13.5 lt /100 km My Best Diesel price at present is $2.54 / lt x 13.5 = $34.29 plus currently discounted RUC $5.24 / 100km and the total is now near enough to $40.00 per 100km A year ago it was around $25.00 / 100 km
The one thing that really annoys me is the obvious gouging going on. According to my local price spy app "Gaspy" we currently have a low retail diesel price of $2.67 and a high of $3.05. Almost 40c variation within 20km !!
2020 Winnebago ILUKA on IVECO Daily 50 C. 1200 w Solar - 400 AH LiFePO4
3000 w inverter. 195 lt compressor fridge NZMCA # 15589
T1 Terry

Post by T1 Terry »

IS CNG still available in NZ? Or did it die out and just not available anywhere? Is CNG available to the house in NZ? Maybe you could find a used CNG tank and get a compressor and fill your own tank .....

T1 Terry
supersparky

Post by supersparky »

Hooray, the price of petrol is finally coming down. I paid $1.66/litre gor E10 unleaded today. Diesel hasn't moved from the exorbitant $2.36/l
Cheers
David

David and Terrie with Bandit the travelling companion
2006 Winnebago Alpine
Recently retired and loving it.